Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Flyrx7's Pod works

Flyrx7's Pod works flyrx7@aol.com (WA) Specializing in 3rd gen gauge pods

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
neit_jnf
Boricua!

neit_jnf is on a distinguished road
Talking Quad-Pod gauge setup - prosport white/amber

FlyRX7 center speaker 52mm quad pod - THANKS FRANK!!!!

Hey Frank, I lost a set screw and I need the spacer rings since the prosports are really deep. I got around it by using the gauge's included hoods to cover them but still.

Gauges: AEM UEGO, Boost, EGT, Oil Temp

for the EGT I will install a O2 bung to 1/8 npt adapter to use the stock O2 sensor location. I know it's not the optimal location but I plan on installing it in the rear exhaust runner pre turbo some time later when I get around to pulling the twins.

for the oil temp I will use a Oil Pan drain plug to 1/8 npt adapter to get the temps. I'm used to this location since I was using a VDO that had the sender integrated in the oil pan drain plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_012609_001.jpg (140.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_012609_003.jpg (160.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_012609_004.jpg (159.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_012609_005.jpg (140.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_012609_006.jpg (132.6 KB, 53 views)
neit_jnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Slightly off topic..

Does AEM read before 11?? Maybe digital read out reads below 11?? Just curious...

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
neit_jnf
Boricua!

it's kinda confusing but here goes

the leds sweep range is 11-17

the digital display 10-18

and 10-20 in the 0-5V linear output that I use with the datalogit
Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Cool! Good to know.. I always wonder about that.. Thanks for the answer!

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

N3philum is on a distinguished road

i got the spacer rings from frank for my gauges but my gauges are not deep enough to use them they are still new in the packaging. i have 3, so you might need 1 more but yah.. let me know if your intersted. I just took the gauges out of my car since i am working on selling it... maybe.... anyway, i can get pictures of the gauges in the pod but they will not be installed.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Flyrx7
Rotary Fanatic

Flyrx7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3philum View Post
i got the spacer rings from frank for my gauges but my gauges are not deep enough to use them they are still new in the packaging. i have 3, so you might need 1 more but yah.. let me know if your intersted. I just took the gauges out of my car since i am working on selling it... maybe.... anyway, i can get pictures of the gauges in the pod but they will not be installed.
However, that won't work for Neit, as your rings are for 60mm and his pod is 52mm.

Justin, if you want you can send the rings back for a refund. If you want smaller rings to work I can do that too, just let me know what depth your gauges are.

Regards,
Frank
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
neit_jnf
Boricua!

thanks guys! I'll stay as it is for now and see how I like them this way, the hood thingy covers the "excess" gauge quite well...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 AM   #8
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

N3philum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrx7 View Post
However, that won't work for Neit, as your rings are for 60mm and his pod is 52mm.

Justin, if you want you can send the rings back for a refund. If you want smaller rings to work I can do that too, just let me know what depth your gauges are.

Regards,
Frank
ahh.. didnt realize his was 52. I have gauge hoods on my defi gauges. that with the pod is all i need. the spacer would have to be about 1/3 the size of the one you sent me already. (width of course) I have no reason for them, and am actually (unfortunately) in the process of selling my car. I will be leaving Japan in appx 3 months and I have to get rid of it or strip it and ship it as a track car. I am unsure of what i should do.

Ill get the rings sent back to you. Can you PM me your addy? I think i threw out the box already Ill try to get pics soon. My work schedule coupled with my last 3 college classes is killing me.