Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92)

RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92) RX-7 1986-92 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Rotary_Rocket_87
2nd Generation Freak

Rotary_Rocket_87 is on a distinguished road
Default rear tire camber is off

The passengers side rear tire is leaning inward, causing my tire to wear unevenly. I know that the strut is blown, but am not sure if that would cause this problem. I have inspected the suspension quite well and I don't see anything out of order (compared to the other side) and everything feels pretty tight for a 21 year old car. Thanks for and help or advice.

'87 TII- full emissions removal, a/c removed, FPD removed, dual 12" e-fans, Rotary Performance FCD, ACT unsprung 6 puck w/ Xtreme PP, custom open 2.5 inch exhaust, custom clutch pivot ball, K&N cone filter, TB mod, RB downpipe, motor blown 8/7/09

'94 Mazda B4000- POS beater truck, stock

"The easiest way to fail is to never try." - Me
Rotary_Rocket_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

how's your lateral link? Have you hit anything recently? No doughnuts into a curb or anything like that?

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
jgrewe
Rotary Fan in Training

jgrewe is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of rubber bushings spread all over the suspension that can cause this. Since its on one side only, check everything for movement and look again for anything bent anywhere.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Rotary_Rocket_87
2nd Generation Freak

Rotary_Rocket_87 is on a distinguished road

i know that nothing is bent but i the same problem with the front but there is less complication in the front suspension. All i did was replace the struts and it fixed the camber problem, but the rear is so much more complicated. I know that i haven't hit anything and it has been like this for a while now. I was hoping that someone else has had the same problem and could give me some advice.
'87 TII- full emissions removal, a/c removed, FPD removed, dual 12" e-fans, Rotary Performance FCD, ACT unsprung 6 puck w/ Xtreme PP, custom open 2.5 inch exhaust, custom clutch pivot ball, K&N cone filter, TB mod, RB downpipe, motor blown 8/7/09

'94 Mazda B4000- POS beater truck, stock

"The easiest way to fail is to never try." - Me
Rotary_Rocket_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
RoughRex
Out of Nickels and Dimes

RoughRex is on a distinguished road

There is no camber adjustment for the rear. If only one wheel is having a problem. I'd suspect the strut or spring. Since you already know that the strut is blown. I'd start there, it's relatively cheap and easy to replace provided you're mechanically inclined. I feel where you're coming from though... wouldn't want to put on a new set of tires to find out the hard way that it's not fixed. Alternatively, you could put on a used tire and see how that wears or you could pay for a lifetime alignment somewhere. They will tell you if there's a problem so you will have ample time to fix it before shredding your new tires and they will re-align it for free once you have it fixed. I should warn you, if you do replace the strut yourself... ALL those little parts are there for a reason. Go ahead and leave out the one that doesn't look like it does anything and you'll see exactly what I mean.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

N3philum is on a distinguished road

can you post a pic? i had a similar problem on my old FC.