Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section..

Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section.. Tech section for general Rotary Engine... This includes, building 12As, 13Bs, 20Bs, Renesis, etc...

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Pettersen
Rotary Fanatic

Pettersen is on a distinguished road
Default Problems after changing fuel setup.

Changed the fuel system on my FC NA and it dies everytime the water temp hit's 50 C, seems like fuel delivery is just cut, no studder or anything, and i can't start it up before it has cooled down below 50 again.

The engine setup:

4 port streetport, 13B non turbo, Apexi power fc, ran fine at all water temps with the previous fuel system.

The previous fuel system:
stock 460 primary inj and stock 460 secondary inj with stock resistor box.
Stock fuel rails and fpr.

New fuel system:
ID 1000 primary inj, removed resistor box, no sec injectors.
Stock primary fuel rail, AEM fpr.
Changed settings in the pfc to 100% transition and set the sec injectors to 0, also changed the setting in inj vs batV as per the info on the injector dynamics site.

Pettersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

I have no personal experience with it, but I've heard that the PFC doesn't handle 1000cc primaries very well. They do seem a bit excessive for a naturally aspirated engine. Have you tried going back to the smaller primaries?

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.
GySgtFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Pettersen
Rotary Fanatic

No, since the old injectors are low imp i would haveto re solder in the resistor box.

Also the car runs good, but when the water temp hits 50C it just dies, just like if it flips a switch. And this is the temp that the ecu sees, so it makes me think that it has something to do with cold start or something like that, since it seems like the fuel just stops entering the engine, and it's not even close to flooding.

From what i could find 1 ID1000 cc injector pr rotor is all you will ever need for a naturally aspirated engine, with a little negative lag it keeps idle just fine, and i haven't even got around to adjust anything yet cause it dies every time i hit 50 C.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Pettersen
Rotary Fanatic

Here are my current map and last log:

http://shares.esrotary.net/s#1171dff...t/NAID1000.dat

http://shares.esrotary.net/s#496ded3...y.net/log3.txt
Old 07-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Pettersen
Rotary Fanatic

mounted in 460cc injectors as sec injectors, and now everything works again, so i guess the pfc just can't handle running only two injectors.