Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Ben Wadler
The Newbie

Ben Wadler is on a distinguished road
Question I know nothing and need help for my 85 RX-7

Looking for technical help on a couple of issues for my 1985 RX-7 that my son and i are bringing back to like.

1. The rear wiper goes up when turned on but doesn't stop on the way back down. Feels like you could spin the blade 360 degrees?
1a. How do i take the motor assembly apart without breaking anything else?

2. The buttons that direct the air flow inside the car from defrost to vent to floor does not work. Local Mazda dealer say there is a part broken behind the dash but it can not be bought.

Once we figure out what the parts are where can we purchase them
Ben Wadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
rx7carl
Rotary Fan in Training

rx7carl is on a distinguished road

The climate control is an electric unit that drives motors to move the doors that direct the air IIRC. So the controller unit may be bad or the motors possibly. Mazda had a fancy checker for this system. You can see it in the shop manual.

I don't think any of the parts you need will be available new. I would post on the forums and get what you need used from a fellow rotorhead.