Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
codysa22c
The Newbie

codysa22c is on a distinguished road
Post desided not to sell the 80 rx7

I came into some money and decided i was doing more harm then good to my rx7 so i sent it to a shop and they are gonna check it out and see what they can do with it hopefully they give me good news hoping for a good response....if not idk what will happen to it......and also if i am gonna run it a little harder then i should what kinda oil should i be puttin it..or is the oil recommended stock....work fine? its a 12a carb stock header and all the other stock crap on the rotary? not gonna push it to hard at first but after i get some exhaust work and stuff it will get ran a little harder.... want to show my friends and nebiors my brown turb has what it takes lol i hope.....i hope i dont have to do a v8 swap or wait a few months for a good rotary motor its hard pickin in columbus ohio atm......they wont to much for parts cuz of low demand......so

codysa22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

what kind of climate do you live in? I have been told by most to run 20W-50 down here in FL. also I know with at least the 13Bs, the more offen you drive it like a sports car the happier the motor is.
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
codysa22c
The Newbie

codysa22c is on a distinguished road

ok i will look into gettin that what kinda rear end fluid i pretty sure its non lsd so idk and it getts pretty cold 0 somtimes -10 coldest iv seen in a while so its gonna get drove in winter this year hopefully not next year
codysa22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
fc nut

fc nut is on a distinguished road

what kind of issues were you having with it? there's a lot of local guys around you to help you. if you need parts let me know,i'll give you a number of a guy that has parts.