Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 2nd Gen Classified > 2nd Gen RX-7 Suspension Parts

2nd Gen RX-7 Suspension Parts Includes: Wheels, Brakes, Struts, Braces, etc

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
MmSadda
BOOSTED COLON

MmSadda is on a distinguished road
Default WTB: Coilovers

The title says it all... I'm looking for something in the 7/5 range for spring rates. I'm pretty open to about anything, though. Looking to do this on the semi-cheap, as I wasn't really planning on doing this but will need to in order to run the wheels and tires I want to... haha

Please PM me any offers with the brand/model of what you have, price shipped to 43085, and any information regarding how long these were in use on a car.

Thanks

Collin

MmSadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
2cute
5523 Motorsports

2cute is on a distinguished road

how much are you looking to spend. i can get you pretty much anything you want.
2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
MmSadda
BOOSTED COLON

Thanks, Jen! I was hoping for something in the $1000 range, my max is about $1600. Im thinking about some Tein coilovers with rates around 7.5 and 6.2, but am open to anything that's a quality product.

Last edited by MmSadda; 11-01-2011 at 11:28 AM..
Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

josh18_2k is on a distinguished road

dont worry too much about spring rates. what you feel in a rough ride is the dampers, not the springs. i have 11/7 springs over bilsteins (custom setup) and it rides quite a bit betterr than any other coilovers ive been on.

for your budget i'd say stance's from rishie (AutoRnD). they're the best riding off-the-shelf budget coilovers ive experianced so far. wayy better than megan/ksport/cusco

also, buying used suspension is a bad idea. you never know if a shock is gonna be blown. most ppl dont even know how to tell.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
MmSadda
BOOSTED COLON

Yeah, the Teins im looking at now are new for around $1700, and they are a good brand in my limited experience, so I would feel comfortable with that price. I think brand new will be a good way to go for this.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

didn't like the Godspeed coilover eh?
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
2cute
5523 Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18_2k View Post
dont worry too much about spring rates. what you feel in a rough ride is the dampers, not the springs. i have 11/7 springs over bilsteins (custom setup) and it rides quite a bit betterr than any other coilovers ive been on.

for your budget i'd say stance's from rishie (AutoRnD). they're the best riding off-the-shelf budget coilovers ive experianced so far. wayy better than megan/ksport/cusco

also, buying used suspension is a bad idea. you never know if a shock is gonna be blown. most ppl dont even know how to tell.
I really hope that you are kidding. of course the spring rate matters.

anyhow, colin i sent you a PM with some prices for the different Tein coilovers available for your car.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

josh18_2k is on a distinguished road

no im not kidding. theres a big difference between stiff and harsh, which most people seem to be clueless about. because most people have never experianced really good dampers.

you can have a shitty ride with stock springs with bad/poorly valved dampers. and you can also have a buttery ride with really stiff springs.

when i say dont worry too much about spring rates, that means like 6k vs 7k. not stock vs coilovers. obviously you'll notice that difference... in many cases upping the spring rate on coilovers will make the car ride better because the dampers were too stiff to begin with.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #9
2cute
5523 Motorsports

i'm just going to leave that one alone and simply say you are wrong