Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
codysa22c
The Newbie

codysa22c is on a distinguished road
Default thinkin of selling the 80 rx7

and ik i prob posted this in the wrong spot but srry. but anyways i am really thinking of selling the rx7 just needs to much work and no time carb needs repaired and got 10 gallons of bad gas and the list just keeps runnin so im gonna sell it and find another one all ready running. the body is in good shape some rust on the rear pannels it is threw so gonna need fixed ummm im prob gonna ask 1,300 for it but i will consider less.....but its not sure im selling it i just dont know where to start i have no clue what im doin and have prob done more damage then any thing so srry.....first car and its a project im doin by my self i am 17 so.....you can prob guess.....i live in columbus and the car will need hauled away so if u want pics of the car now just message me and i will give u my number. srry ik its long lol....and for more info.

codysa22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
codysa22c
The Newbie

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2474768178.html
Old 07-03-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
sgt.stinkfist
The Newbie

sgt.stinkfist is on a distinguished road

dont give up on it, seems like a pretty clean SA. this is just a good point to start learning with so dont lose hope, and dont throw it to the junk yard, SA's are becoming harder and harder to come across. you can either try to get all the original stuff goin again, or look at it as a place to start modifying it. these cars will fire off with old nasty gas....trust me i know, theyll start hard and make a smoke show, but they will fire. start with the basics. change fuel filter out, as its prolly clogged and could use a replacement likely any way. change the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, engine oil. just simple tune up things. these should be done when ever you buy any car, unless your positive they have already been done. if you feel ambitious you could drain the fuel tank and put fresh gas in before you change the filter.

either way, dont lose hope. good luck
everything else - scrapped to fund the 82
sgt.stinkfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
codysa22c
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.stinkfist View Post
dont give up on it, seems like a pretty clean SA. this is just a good point to start learning with so dont lose hope, and dont throw it to the junk yard, SA's are becoming harder and harder to come across. you can either try to get all the original stuff goin again, or look at it as a place to start modifying it. these cars will fire off with old nasty gas....trust me i know, theyll start hard and make a smoke show, but they will fire. start with the basics. change fuel filter out, as its prolly clogged and could use a replacement likely any way. change the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, engine oil. just simple tune up things. these should be done when ever you buy any car, unless your positive they have already been done. if you feel ambitious you could drain the fuel tank and put fresh gas in before you change the filter.

either way, dont lose hope. good luck
well there is 5 problems i need money cuz alot needs changed like the fuel line thing on the carb is busted someone in my garage steped on it so... and im dead beat broke and its taking up garage space my father wants.....so i am need it gone its just more work then a jobless guy needs unless one of u has a carb and a intake or a nikki carb for not to crazy in price and close to columbus im sellin it. i mean im gonna need 1000 bucks just to get this bitch runnin i mean a replacment new nicki iv fought online is 900 bucks.....i dont have money to get a allready runnin 12a im just stuck and every one i find they want 1000 for it 2 cuz its ported and shit so....and its just to much for me bein jobless

Last edited by codysa22c; 07-03-2011 at 02:21 AM..
Old 07-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
sgt.stinkfist
The Newbie

check out the "other forum" if your on there. there is a guy in the 1st gen for sale section in TX selling a carb from a 79 for $15...it shouldnt cost you more than $10-15 in shipping
Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
codysa22c
The Newbie

what other fourm? which one?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #7
sgt.stinkfist
The Newbie

teh rx7club...same guy has a built/modded nikki thats in known good running condition for $75
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #8
codysa22c
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt.stinkfist View Post
teh rx7club...same guy has a built/modded nikki thats in known good running condition for $75
ya I just looked at it and the nikki needs rebuild and i all ready have one that needs that and dont want to mess wit it that carb is crazy.....so idk dude if someone calls and says they got 1300 then they can take it if not ill keep it for now and see what i can do i need a new battey my friend gave me one and blew abunch of fuses so lol