Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Car Events

Car Events Post any Car related events

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Ender
rotors excite me

Ender is on a distinguished road
Default Car show in Ames, Iowa; April 12th

Everyone is welcome, but I was hoping to gather some rotary presence at the 3rd annual VEISHEA Auto Show. Syonyk will be there with his first gen and I with my TII. We would be thrilled if we could get any other rotaries (not just RX-7's) involved, but it would be particularly cool if a 3rd gen would show so that all the generations of the RX-7 are accounted for, plus we would both enjoy learning more about each others' cars.

I'll list these key details early:
Date: Saturday, April 12th
Fee: $15

Link:
http://www.veishea.iastate.edu/?p=to...nts&s=schedule
You have to click the auto show header, they did a terrible job on the website... To register you have to click the header and click the "Join this tournament" link at the bottom of the article, then checkout whenever you're ready.

Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...k&z=16&iwloc=A
^^^ shows exactly where it is and you can make use of googlemap's functions. Don't worry, it says 1 of 174 locations on ISU's campus, but I rode my bicycle by that lot hundreds of times (even wiped out spectacularly a few of those times) and double checked VEISHEA's named location. It's the right place.
If you want another map because you're an amateur cartographer or something:
http://www.fpm.iastate.edu/maps/
^^^ select East Parking Deck to view it on that map

It's pretty cheap to enter, and you can basically enter any car, it may not even have to be street legal, but don't quote me on that. That would be a question best aimed at the organizers. Here are the details:
VEISHEA is excited to offer this opportunity to show off your vehicle! VEISHEA Auto Show trophies will be awarded to class winners as well as other awards. Plus, a $100 Cash Prize for "Best in Show"!

Due to the East Campus Parking Deck being in the parade route, vehicles must arrive between 7:00 and 9:00 AM, however, this allows you to sit by your vehicle during the spectacular VEISHEA parade, beginning at 10:40 AM. If you have a convertible that falls into one of the classes, and would like the opportunity to carry dignitaries in the parade, let us know by checking the appropriate box while registering. Trailer parking will be available in Lot A4, north of Jack Trice Stadium. Register today to join us for a great auto show and a fun VEISHEA weekend.

If you are planning on entering the auto show, please secure your entry by registering online. Walk ins will be accepted, but you will run the risk of limited availability. E-mail Ben Ferin at bferin@iastate.edu or Scott Rodenburg at scotty21@iastate.edu with any questions.
Divisions
*Registration goes from 7 AM to 9 AM. If you do not preregister online, make sure you show up early on the day of so you can get signed up.

2:00 PM Judging
4:00 PM Dismissal

The following classes will be awarded trophies for the 3rd Annual VEISHEA Auto Show:
Best Antique Car (1900-1924)
Best Antique Car (1925-1949)
Best Antique Truck (1900-1950)
Best Classic Car (1950-1959)
Best Classic Car (1960-1969)
Best Classic Car (1970-1979)
Best Classic Car (1980-1989)
Best Classic Car (1990-1999)
Best Classic Truck (1951-1969)
Best Classic Truck (1970-1996)
Best Modern Car (2000-2008)
Best Modern Truck (2000-2008)
Best Classic Motorcycle
Best Street Motorcycle
Best Street Truck
Best Off-Road Truck

Additional trophies will also be given to the winners of the following categories:
Best in Show (including a $100 cash prize)
Peoples' Choice
Best Paint Job
Best Interior
Best Modified Engine

Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact either one of us. Thank you and see you at VEISHEA 2008!

Plus trophies given for other awards
All vehicles will receive a VEISHEA Auto Show 2008 Dash Plaque
Details
Date: Saturday, April 12
Arrive By: 7:00 AM
Event Start: 9:00 AM
Fee: $15

'87 TII
240+ rwhp on my DIY streetport, ~13psi on stock turbo, Racing Beat REVTII exhaust
rTek 2.1 awaits a tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by need RX7
This is why I don't do politics, it's just one stupid thing after another.
360 gamertag: quick Tii
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote