Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Motorsport Discussion

Motorsport Discussion Talk about any motorsport discussion.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Chibana
The Michigan "WANKEL"

Chibana is on a distinguished road
Default My Mid-Ohio EMCO Gears Class races album

Not sure if this the correct forum, but it seems like it would be the closest. Here are my photos I took at Mid-Ohio this past weekend. Being part of the Mazda corral was fun and I met some great people.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mushinka...eat=directlink

Last edited by Chibana; 07-09-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Chibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road

Were you the guy with the RCC shirt on? I don't think I got a chance to talk to you but I'm the guy with the red FC (the non-turbo one). Nice pictures! My camera crapped out right as the Continental race started so I don't have anything from the actual races
infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Chibana
The Michigan "WANKEL"

Chibana is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that was me. Were you the one who introduced yourself and then we got sidetracked? I met at least two people there who were on these forums. I'm glad I wore my RCC shirt. I got a few odd looks from people on rx8club.com (at least, it felt that way), but oh well. I wanted to advertise! And it drew the attention of the Pirate Motorsports guys with the two RX-8 cars in the Continental Tire series. At Mid-Ohio they raced the green and black one, but they also have a yellow and black one. The one guy (I wish I had thought to get his name) saw my shirt and said, "Since you're an enthusiast, come on in and I'll show everything!" They were very friendly, and obviously there just to have fun, as the RX-8 simply isn't competitive in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge (ST class). The allowed performance part upgrades don't do as much for the RX-8 as for the other cars. It really grinds me to see VW GTIs leaving an RX-8 in the dust on the track when I know that in OEM configuration, the RX-8 would win. He also complained that Mazda hasn't been putting out the support and money for the RX-8. They've been focusing all their efforts on the Mazdaspeed3. Still, I sure enjoyed talking to them and seeing their car on the track.
Chibana is offline   Reply With Quote