Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Tires,Wheels,Suspension,Brakes

Tires,Wheels,Suspension,Brakes Info about Tires, Wheels, Suspensions, Brakes, etc.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Roen
Evil Club Mod

Roen is on a distinguished road
Default High-End Coilover Options for the FC

Where can the FC guys get some loving for Penske, JRZ, Moton and/or Ohlins? Ground Control + Koni / Bilstein is popular, but some may want to opt for a high-end integrated coilover setup for things such as increased wheel clearance.

On SRP Engineering's site, they specifically say no struts in the Penske section.

Roen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

josh18_2k is on a distinguished road

im not aware of any 'high end' struts. the best i know of is either bilstein (for the monotube goodness) or koni 8610/8611 (single/double adjustable twin tube)

Ohlins sells coilovers for STi's, which means theyre struts, but I dont think they have universal ones.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
kenn_chan
The Newbie

kenn_chan is on a distinguished road

Ohlins Japan sells FC packages they start around 3.5K you also have the option of aragosta, they start at around 4.5 K per set for the ohlins you have a couple of options for spring rates etc. for the aragosta's you have one choice.......its called win or die! just kidding but the aragostas are strictly race, and have the springs calibrated for time attack/circuit only.

kenn
kenn_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Roen
Evil Club Mod

Roen is on a distinguished road

The only problem with Japanese packages are the lack of valving support in the US.

Do Bilstein or Koni factory shops offer coilover setups with adjustable shock mounts and adjustable spring perches?
Roen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
Black91n/a
Rotary Fan in Training

Black91n/a is on a distinguished road

JRZ makes struts, Moton makes struts, Dynamic makes struts, there's high end Koni custom struts (2800 series), KW makes stuts, AST makes struts. There are options, but they're expensive, since it'll be custom.
Black91n/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

ohlins are servicable over here. ohlins moton penske jrz and bilstein all use basically the same internals. i dont know the details, but i know that if a shop can do one, they can do em all. (Shock Shop is local to me, and he builds all those)

with koni's you have to send them in to a koni authorized service center. they wont sell their internals to anyone else.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
Miata_mx5
Rotary Fan in Training

Miata_mx5 is on a distinguished road

Endless Zeal (I know, it's a biased opinion).

We can build the coilover however you like it, we can set the valving to your preferred driving style. We can also order a custom spring rate at no extra charge either. The internal materials might be the same, the inner shock shim settings/valve design are what is going to make the difference on the shock dyno or on the car.

We have Steel, and Aluminum shellcase (6 and 30 way) coilovers for the FC. Standard is the bushing uppermount. Pillowball is an additional charge.

We do have warranty on the coilovers and also service them here in southern california. We can re-valve them here too.

Last edited by Miata_mx5; 04-26-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Miata_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

can you plz post a dyno plot for the standard FC setup