Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc...

Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc... Place where you could talk about car care, body kits, painting your car, Carbon Fiber, Thumping Stereo, etc..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
warwickben
sa rat rod

warwickben is on a distinguished road
Default need advice (rx8 and any othere car really)

hi i have a 05 rx8 gt mt its titanium gray.

i wanted to know what you all thought of carbon fiber parts on daily drivers. i like the look of carbon fiber. but i always thought a carbon fiber hood on a car other then a black car looked out of place,or a really dark color. probably because i live near a poor ass city, and see ricer hondas driving around all the time with a plain metal black hood on a red cars lol.

any ways i got a set of carbon fiber mirror covers for my car from my brother,(free) and after i did a mock up i thought it didn't look bad. iam not plaing to go turbo or any thing with my rx8 its my daily driver, my sa rx7 and turbo capri are my go fast cars.

so now iam getting way way way off point. what do you think of a titanium gray rx8 with carbon fiber parts looks bad or what. any one want to post pics ect?

the main reason ia asking is my older brother owes me a bunch for some stuff i did for him, and he randomly told me he would buy me the carbon fiber front and rear lips and side skirts for my car.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Kane
All about the O2

Kane is on a distinguished road

Since you asked....

Carbon Fiber is a material; not a color.

Our hood is so light from the factory - Carbon Fiber is a waste weight wise; unless you need the venting and are willing to pay for paint. Then I say no to carbon fiber.

I mean your driveshaft is carbon fiber too (from the factory); are ya gonna polyurethane it and bling it out?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Just do it, I bet it doesn't look bad at all...as far as the hood; as long as you get a hood it for it's functionality then the material doesn't matter....if you like the two tone look then don't paint.

I think unpainted CF looks best on black cars also. I rocked a black FG hood on the red NA for a while and I didn't mind the way it looked...it's up to you and what you like.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
warwickben
sa rat rod

warwickben is on a distinguished road

i wasnt thinking of getting a hood,since ours is so light and iam not gonna be racing it or do any major motor mods so i dont need the venting.

i just need to find a pic of a titanium gray rx8 with some carbon fiber parts to make up my mind.