Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92)

RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92) RX-7 1986-92 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough
Default FD & FC Exhaust profiles

I'm currently looking for a 3in exhaust tubing kit for the FC. As far as I have been able to find no one makes one for the FC. There is a company called VRS that produces very nice tubing kits for a very nice price. Unfortunately they only produce the FD tubing kit. Considering the general lay out of the two platforms would the FD's stock exhaust layout be somewhat similar to the FC's?

In regards to the VRS kit my thinking is rather simple: If the FD's stock exhaust layout is mimicked in the VRS kit (which it is), and the FC and FD stock layouts are similar enough I may just purchase the FD kit and cut and form fit the mandrel bent kit to work on the FC. This would of course go out the window if the FD's stock exhaust does not mimic the FC.

vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

Looking at the respective FSM's it doesn't look like it's what I'd want. There is a pretty big 90* bend at the rear muffler and seems to be arranged quite differently than the FC's exhaust system.

However, if anyone has any information concerning doing something like that, please post.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
josh18_2k
Rotary Fanatic

josh18_2k is on a distinguished road

eh FCs and FDs dont really have anything on common other than they both have shitty plastic interior pieces, and a similar engine.
oh and the same brake pads.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

I'm currently in email correspondence with VRS to see if they would be willing to produce a kit within the next 4-8 months. I've seen their tubing kits first hand and they are top quality (Friend installed them on his Spec V).

If they're willing to I may have to gauge interest. It's amazingly cheaper than buying a full kit. Roughly $200.00 (but you'd still have to buy flanges, components, and hangers separately)