Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 3rd Gen Specific (1993-2002)

RX-7 3rd Gen Specific (1993-2002) RX-7 1993-2002 Discussion including performance modifications and Technical Support Sections.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #91
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Yes, yes I do.... I'll probably treat myself to a Vbox round the holidays... I've got a stretch of rd lined up but being Dec/Jan in the NE might prove a little sketchy.... We'll see though. I really want to see how the disneyjet numbers corelate with Peters bhp calcs.

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #92
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough
Default FAST FD's not Fictional FD's that take years to do nothing@! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
Yes, yes I do.... I'll probably treat myself to a Vbox round the holidays... I've got a stretch of rd lined up but being Dec/Jan in the NE might prove a little sketchy.... We'll see though. I really want to see how the disneyjet numbers corelate with Peters bhp calcs.
Yeah it will be tops,

We will have 4 x RRWEP140 equipped cars (you, me, levi, matt) all tested with VBOX and all true road cars.

At the top end of the list, I am the only true street fueled car running petrol (not faggot cock eating E85) then you have Steve Gomes (SMG) with his C16 car which recently put down a throat gagging 713rwhp @ 40psi on PT6766 with 1.32A/R and promptly destroyed his gearbox's 3rd gear, infact it had so much power on 40psi that you could not accelerate in 3rd gear with drag radials on the back..............

Some new set ups coming out that will make that look tame as well
Traction control with 275 wide R888 soft rear tires are the only hope on the street @ full power, but even then you cant utilize all of it below 100mph, its just how it is.

Fact v's Fiction a few tests out in the real world LOL
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #93
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
Yeah it will be tops,

We will have 4 x RRWEP140 equipped cars (you, me, levi, matt) all tested with VBOX and all true road cars.

At the top end of the list, I am the only true street fueled car running petrol (not faggot cock eating E85) then you have Steve Gomes (SMG) with his C16 car which recently put down a throat gagging 713rwhp @ 40psi on PT6766 with 1.32A/R and promptly destroyed his gearbox's 3rd gear, infact it had so much power on 40psi that you could not accelerate in 3rd gear with drag radials on the back..............
Good God man..... Ya know, Steve's shop is like 15-20 minutes from where I'm at right now.... I think I may have to pay him a visit in the next week or so.... just saying....

Make that 5 cars... I'm going to build the 'vert with it, and eventually I know, after I have conquered the fucking aquamist system, I'll strip it out.... thing is pissing me off.......

Quote:
Some new set ups coming out that will make that look tame as well

Quote:
Traction control with 275 wide R888 soft rear tires are the only hope on the street @ full power, but even then you cant utilize all of it below 100mph, its just how it is.
Werd.... my setup is getting so responsive that even when short shifting into 2nd @ 2500 rpms, 20psi is coming up so fast and hard the tires are breaking loose by 3500....

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have the car on the dyno... and I want to destroy the rx8 gearbox

Quote:
Fact v's Fiction a few tests out in the real world LOL
Imagine that.... sooooooooo 3 years and countless engine with what, 4 full throttle dyno passes? At some point you need to put your tail between your legs and stop posting until you take your head out of your arse and realize that the wheel was already invented, and perfected

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #94
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Yeah go see Steve, I just converted his PFC engine tune (reversed engineered it) into a Ve map, he is switching over to an Adaptronic. you can remind him to send me his last VBOX file and I can update his stats on the list and also run a power channel conversion on it.

This site and thread is like the diametric opposite to the total ass hat double line spacing, multi year thread, no delivery, engine molestation, E85 injector blocking, winter snow excuse touting, prototype manifold shit wastegate placing, paradigm shifting, Link ECU blow up toy gimik machine promoting BDC ball licking, goat herding, C I_I N T of a joke on gayclub.com

Best method is keep making real road cars that run on real fuel and tested properly and have some real world results to back up the claims
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 11-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #95
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Yeah go see Steve, I just converted his PFC engine tune (reversed engineered it) into a Ve map, he is switching over to an Adaptronic. you can remind him to send me his last VBOX file and I can update his stats on the list and also run a power channel conversion on it.
Will do. Adaptronic? Well, at least he can start to log a few more things. I would rather see an ECU that has so many inputs I have to think outside the box for other odd things to log, you know, just because I can.

Does Steve have a VBox? If so, maybe, I can just borrow his and we can go play somewhere. I'm curious as to where in RI he's doing these runs, the only place I have found is rt 4 and it's fucking SHORT.... becomes even shorter at those speeds

Quote:
This site and thread is like the diametric opposite to the total ass hat double line spacing, multi year thread, no delivery, engine molestation, E85 injector blocking, winter snow excuse touting, prototype manifold shit wastegate placing, paradigm shifting, Link ECU blow up toy gimik machine promoting BDC ball licking, goat herding, C I_I N T of a joke on gayclub.com
It's good for a laugh at least..... I haven't heard anything from the fucker in a while though... which is nice...

Quote:
Best method is keep making real road cars that run on real fuel and tested properly and have some real world results to back up the claims
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo having someone else tune your shit and constantly blow it up while talking about theories involving airspeed so fast the wind chill factor is causing the injector diffusers to freeze and break apart? What about a perfect idle achieved with 12psi of EMAP? Or the silicone in the MAP ref line? Why does he still try?

Quote:
E85 injector blocking,
Wait... wut?

Quote:
winter snow excuse touting
Hey now, I've got that shit to deal with as well.... but I'm never afraid to strap the bitch down to the rollers, and occasionally we'll get a warm dry stretch where I can take the car out to play.... which is why I generally wait until the new year to put her away... hoping for that one last day.

1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil

Old 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #96
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Yeah man he has one!, down load the RL software for Performance box and I will send you the file and you can google earth it lol
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 11-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #97
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Isn't technology great sometimes..... I think next Tuesday I'll swing by.... I'll have some time and I'll be in the area.

1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil

Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #98
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
Isn't technology great sometimes..... I think next Tuesday I'll swing by.... I'll have some time and I'll be in the area.
DO IT! be crazy not too if you are around, there is not many of us with true fast RX7's, the more we all work together and get more of us to GET ON IT :-Oc==3 then the better it is @ the end of the day.

The RL system is just gag factor good! I have so many files and test results in this day and age of an over supply of information its sweet just to sit back some days and collate it all and see what you have done, the VBOX system is super for that.

On my web site I think I will do up just a dedicated page focusing on that testing with better laid out graphs etc, see how I go, done a few updates LOL.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 11-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #99
JhnRX7
Rotary Fanatic

JhnRX7 is on a distinguished road

Did some testing today.

Here are two 90-140 kph runs. Run #2 was slightly uphill (about 2m) and run #3 was slightly downhill (about 2.5m). I am guessing this puts me somewhere in the area of 3.5 seconds. I can send the .dbn file if you want it.

Car is a 94 FD with stock twins setup non sequential. Medium-ish ported engine, 3" exhaust, intercooler, intake, etc. Both runs were performed at 12 psi on 93 octane (no water injection). Last time it was corner balanced it came to 1338kg with me in the car.

Log of one of the runs:

I started working on the power calculation following the formulas you have posted on your website. I went out and used the performance box to take some rolling data on level ground. I was able to calculate drag coefficient and rolling resistance. My car has the Mazdaspeed GTC bumper so I would expect a larger drag figure, however I got double the stock value... Rolling resistance was in line with your figures.

I'm stuck on the power calculation... I dont understand the variable "Vspeed = vertical velocity". I see my performance box has a channel for it, but it does not record any data. Can this be calculated?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg performance box 90-140.jpg (153.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 90-140 log.jpg (173.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1357.jpg (66.6 KB, 44 views)
JhnRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #100
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Just eliminate the vertical velocity component, only a VB3i will measure this properly or be of use.

Refer your performance to many FD3S in similar spec here > http://www.riceracing.com.au/vbox-ii...ing-tuning.htm
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 11-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #101
JhnRX7
Rotary Fanatic

JhnRX7 is on a distinguished road

Here is my calculation. I eliminated the climbing resistance portion of the calculation and plotted it in excel (pull was done on relatively flat road so it should be ok). I do not have a good method to measure wind speed so I assumed that as 0.

The peak value was 219 RWKW

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rwkw.jpg (104.1 KB, 43 views)
JhnRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #102
RICE RACING
Don Mega

You are the first person in 8 years to use the openly provided information I developed as listed on my site congrats.

While the power is factual it is not hollywood in nature but it does match reality and cross checks, its a good tool to use to validate performance increases as all items balance, increased power = decreased times to and distance to perform any given test.

R.I.P Hugh McInnes (the Turbo Pioneer) who taught me all of this back before the internet !
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 11-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #103
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Yes, forgot to say if you want to email me your file, I will add a power channel to it and can look it over as well, just go to my web site and follow the links for email.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration