Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

mystery is on a distinguished road
Default swap.

Alright from my previous issues as some of you know about ive been influenced to drop the 13b motor out of a 86-87 rx7 with turbo into my '85 12a, found a good setup on ebay thats going to basically got motor, tranny, cmp and all the attachments just trying to figure out what ill need to get far as the boltup to the rear end because from my research its not boltup without a plate anyone able to point me in the right direction?

mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

MaxdaTrix can sell you a new driveshaft. Which you'll want anyway as the U-joints are not replaceable in most of the RX-7 driveshafts. The early model rear axles 79-83 had a different flange on the differential pinion than the 84-85 axles. I know the stock 85 shaft worked with my NA transmission. I'm unsure whether the TII splines are different than the NA at the transmission or not. If so they can probably put the proper yoke on the front for you. Best bet would be to give them a call and discuss what you want to do with them. You can't use the FC shaft as it is WAY too short.

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.
GySgtFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

mystery is on a distinguished road

Excellent thanks for the advice frank im most certainlly going to be giving them a call this week and hopefully they can point me to what I need for this build!
mystery is offline   Reply With Quote