Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Multimedia > Videos, Photos, Manuals, > 3rd Gens

3rd Gens Videos, Pics, etc of 3rd Gens ONLY!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #46
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

http://www.rotarycarclub.com/rotary_...t=10423&page=6
Taken from here for you mate ^ analysis of "dubious" Dyno Dynamics power claim, that really just does not add up to any kind of normal reality that I am aware of

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC3S Murray View Post
Nice video man! So if my math is right you are around 410rwhp correct?
That thing IS the definition of the rotary rocket

Glad to see you have finally beared fruit after all your hard work. I will agree that if your research is not 100% you wlll see a higher failure rate in the rotary then in conventional piston reciprocating engines.

That was the exact reason why my 13BT destroyed itself. I should have spent more time researching, I went farther then most '"average" rotary gearheads in regards to build precision, thermal control/scavenging and knock deterrents but not quite the 100% distance. I do hope in the future when my Family life slows down and my free time comes back to be involved again in a turbo rotary build with water injection.

For now my LS1 swap will have to satisfy my desire for a high power reliable engine that doesn't need as much attention.

Anyway, great job on the FD man. Very impressive craftsmanship. Enjoy it!!
Thanks very much.

On the power side its always an interesting debate/comparison. Mine is my own measure based on pure physics and engineering, I can't comment for others which vary depending on what dyno type people use. All I will say on the topic is my car accelerates faster and harder from 100kmh to 200kmh that some peoples RX7's that weight 120kg less and make (435rwhp as measured on a dyno dynamics machine!). **** Here is the link to an apparent 500+S-BHP (435rwhp Dyno Dynamics RX7 of 1180kg as run!) **** http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=631485&page=5 ........... you see why I value these toilet paper prints outs so highly 8.3++ seconds to my 7.53 seconds is an eternity.

(Below: stolen from gay shit hole club)
Just got back from Re-Worx !
Great job Geff and Max ! well done.

We mapped the car on E85
1600 and 850cc injectors are not enough with a base fuel pressure of 4.1BAR
We mapped at 0.9 Bar turbo pressure

all temps are just fine.. no knock no nothing
qoute from Geff: This engine likes running LEAN

432.2HP at the wheels at 0.9 BAR

flywheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvcxX...layer_embedded 100kmh to 200kmh in 8.5 seconds!
*see what I mean* full throttle, full boost (actually higher than on dyno) 120kg less weight than me. And optimistic wheel speed sensors so in actual fact its probably slower than this indicated speed.

My long held experience after using almost every type of rolling road dyno over almost 2 decades is the vast majority of them are bullshit (over optimistic). This is why I bought my VBOX and developed my own power calculations as I know I can trust them and they do measure up to other cars in reality (production supercars).

There was a classic case of this on Motortrend a while back testing a R35GTR on a dynojet (using a guessing factor to estimate engine power @ 507bhp) then they took it to a real dyno that could calculate coast down power and actual wheel power (390awhp) and they worked out 485bhp V's factory spec of 480bhp. I have been lucky enough to work with both engine dyno and dynapack chassis dyno as a full time job at a University developing a FSAE power train, and I also got to exercise my development of my own power measure based on in vehicle tests so pretty much have seen it all and the variations you get between them.

My most important thing these days is spread of power (not just the peak), bit like your V8 conversion, its no point having a metric shit load of top end power and then never being able to translate that into any type of vehicle speed. The 100kmh to 200kmh test is graphic illustration of this, separates the dyno sheet racers from the people who can actually make a fast and reliable rotary

Over on the fag forum there was a bloke who listed up data logs of his ~1100kg RX7 that makes 435rwhp (dyno dynamics) on T04Z street port on E85 fuel (gutted open race exhaust) and on his video and data logging its doing 100kmh to 200kmh (off optimistic wheel speed sensors too!) in 8.3+ seconds.

I am very happy with my car and love the package nice that people here appreciate it as well, happy to share the information with enthusiasts who can appreciate the level of work and dedication it takes to make and prove beyond any doubt how fast a true street rotary can be
"

Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

Has anyone tested or run this car yet in the real world?????

BUMP

Want to add it to the FAST FD thread
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #48
calicrewchief
Rotary Tuner in Training

calicrewchief is on a distinguished road

http://www.sntrl.com/features/powerful/
calicrewchief is offline   Reply With Quote