Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

mystery is on a distinguished road
Default vaccuum lines..

Alright so I got a 1985 mazda rx7 1.1 ltr and im putingthe weber carb on it.. but im trying to find out if I can rip all the stock vaccuum lines out without any problems?? The guy on racingbeat I talked to said I can but couldnt tell me anything about the plug-in sensors on the top of that cluster... can those go out as well??

mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
fc nut

fc nut is on a distinguished road

the cluster you're talking about is known as the rats nest. you can ditch all of it. the only vac lines you need to have are distributor,brake booster. there should be a write up about it somewhere on here or rx7club.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Alright so the distributer and the brake booster have to stay plugged in but all the others can go. Any idea as to which two those would be? Cause the haines manuel I have doesnt say anything about it..
Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Rotary Evolution
rotaryevolution.net

Rotary Evolution is on a distinguished road

then you probably should not be attempting to do a weber install if you can't locate the brake booster or distributor. no offense but a weber is likely going to need to be tweaked to perform its best, and it sounds as if you aren't knowledgeable enough to do that.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

ran83 is on a distinguished road

brother man i have to agree with rotary evolution....... if you are unsure get help from some one that is certain of what they are doing. i know that there is alot of pride in doing it yourself but if you are putting that kind of money in it do it right. other wise do lots and lots of research until you are 100% certain of what you are doing. i would just hate to see you f&%$ your self!
ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
t_g_farrell
Waffles - hmmm good

t_g_farrell is on a distinguished road

Actually for most webers there is no vacuum advance take off so the dizzy doesn't get
vacuum advanced. Depends on what your running. Is this the RB weber setup? What size?
Did you get it new or used? Do you have the RB instructions?

Normally the whole rats nest can be removed along with the solenoids and vacuum lines.
There are write ups on removing the rats nest. Try that in a search.

Project Fat Nikki Budget 12A rebuild Video setup < $30.00
t_g_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Its the 48 ida weber that im going to get along with the intake manifold for it as well... I was mislead from other bs ive been reading and didnt understand that there was vaccuum lines actually directly connected to the distributor and brake booster. But I learn through trial and error ill do everything myself until im clueless then call someone to the house, my way of learning. And guy off racing beat told me almost all of them could be bypassed with the weber unless I actually wanted to incorperate them back in which is a defident no... guy before me had already cut and spliced half of them so.. yeah but im gettn it new off racing beat when im ready I dont buy nothing used usless its body parts or decent interior pieces lol.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Alright excuse my double post but ive been told the brake booster line has to run into the valve cover. Can anyone elaborate as to where on the valve cover this line has to go?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
t_g_farrell
Waffles - hmmm good

t_g_farrell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery View Post
Alright excuse my double post but ive been told the brake booster line has to run into the valve cover. Can anyone elaborate as to where on the valve cover this line has to go?
Ok are you trolling us now?

Really, valve cover on a rotary?

Even on pissed-on engine it would never go into a valve cover. I'd stop
listening to whoever is telling you this, they have no clue, at all, period.

Project Fat Nikki Budget 12A rebuild Video setup < $30.00
t_g_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Ok so your able to down everything that someones told me but yet to give me a solid answer....
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
fc nut

I have to agree,someone obviously hasn't got a clue telling you all this inaccurate information. the booster hose goes on the intake manifold,it usually has a vacuum port the same size as the one on the booster. the distributor only needs 1 vac line with a Y fitting for both vac advances.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Thanks fc I actually foundout that I have to drill into the new intake manifold im getting then tap it and make my own vacuum block to run it all into. Guy from racing beat was actually knowledagle enough to help me. The weber intake manifold doesnt have a place for it hense the having to drill. Thanks for info man.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
fc nut

no problem,i hope you get it straightened out. any progress? and pics,we love pics
Old 05-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Well ive had some things comeup past couple weeks far as school tuition and such so progress has been delayed unfortunally... but hopefully next week around this time ill have the intake manifold ordered. So far ive cutout the exhaust header and replaced it with aftermarket and ran my two lines where they need to be so this is where I sit as of now there will be more pictures to come!

Last edited by mystery; 05-16-2013 at 07:56 PM..