Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc...

Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc... Place where you could talk about car care, body kits, painting your car, Carbon Fiber, Thumping Stereo, etc..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
fastasdee
Fast as dee

fastasdee is on a distinguished road

Save your money and get a new one, cause that looks like crap. Sorry

fastasdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
FDDandata
The Newbie

FDDandata is on a distinguished road

It looks a little better but it looked like some of the "carbon fiber" faded away. Dont know if it'll get better with more clear coats, so i'd consider blacking it out like you said.
FDDandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

This was with one can of spray paint while I was outside on a windy day. I need to try to work on it. I plan on resanding do to my crappy spraying. I am going to try 1000 grit.
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
I_H8_Pistons
Jay's UTR

I_H8_Pistons is on a distinguished road

I have re-cleared a carbon fiber hood before it wasn't this bad but it had some sun damage.

Wet sand it with 600-800 grit sand paper, then move up to 1K grit sand paper wet sand. blow it off get all the dust off the surface to be sprayed. You can go to a body shop, sherwin williams get them to mix you up some clear coat to use in a spray gun (which you can purcahse a decent one form home depot that will do the job). with the hood off and on low stands lightly coat the hood with the clear should take bout 2-3 good coats, let it dry for at least a day then buff it with a high speed buffer keeping the speed at 1k to 1,500 rpm light compound, last just wax it and boom.

Unfortunitly i don't have any pics of the hood i did i will see if can get them from the kid i did it for but it wasn't really hard just take your time.
I_H8_Pistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Pistons View Post
I have re-cleared a carbon fiber hood before it wasn't this bad but it had some sun damage.

Wet sand it with 600-800 grit sand paper, then move up to 1K grit sand paper wet sand. blow it off get all the dust off the surface to be sprayed. You can go to a body shop, sherwin williams get them to mix you up some clear coat to use in a spray gun (which you can purcahse a decent one form home depot that will do the job). with the hood off and on low stands lightly coat the hood with the clear should take bout 2-3 good coats, let it dry for at least a day then buff it with a high speed buffer keeping the speed at 1k to 1,500 rpm light compound, last just wax it and boom.

Unfortunitly i don't have any pics of the hood i did i will see if can get them from the kid i did it for but it wasn't really hard just take your time.

I don't have any air. I would have to use battery powered tools
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #21
Mazdabater
FC3S

Mazdabater is on a distinguished road

All the people saying to throw it are retarted, it's only the clearcoat that looks fucked, and would only be the top layer of the carbon. Came up ok, sand it until it looks nice and your going to need a few coats of clear on it. 1k is unnecessary, I did my whole car with 800.

You would be better off getting someone to spray it in a booth if you wanted it 100%, would be a better option then getting a new one
Mazdabater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
Red Baron
The Newbie

Red Baron is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I am wrapping mine, saw a Camaro with it and the finish looks unreal!
Red Baron is offline   Reply With Quote