Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
Tri-Angles
The Newbie

Tri-Angles is on a distinguished road
Default All motor 12a rebuild.

Hey guys, I have a 82' rx7 with a 12a that ive been j porting here lately. I wanted to know If I had my stock nikki carb jetted and raised my fuel pressure a bit would I be able to use my nikki to run it daily until I got a holley/weber carb. I don't push my car hard at all so im not concerned with having a heavy foot. Any really good and sound advice would be helpful. Thanks

Tri-Angles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough

technically speaking it can work and you seem aware that it wouldn't see its full potential. I have a good deal on a weber 48 ida from my streetport 12a. Thing ran damn good! Lots of spare jets with it if you choose to bypass the work and cost of rejetting the niki
Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
j9fd3s
Rotary Fanatic

j9fd3s is on a distinguished road

i have a buddy who has run F prepared (i think) for a couple of decades, its a small bridgeport 12A or 13B and a modded nikki. i think it works because the bridge is on the small side, and its moderate timing.

the carb mods are really similar to what sterling, or paul yaw or rotary engineering were doing. although mike, my buddy prefers to use the older pre rx7 nikki's and manifold.

weber or holley would probably be more HP, but the nikki will work too

Last edited by j9fd3s; 07-15-2011 at 01:55 PM..
j9fd3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #4
Tri-Angles
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Fed View Post
technically speaking it can work and you seem aware that it wouldn't see its full potential. I have a good deal on a weber 48 ida from my streetport 12a. Thing ran damn good! Lots of spare jets with it if you choose to bypass the work and cost of rejetting the niki
Ok. How much would you sell it for if you were to sell it? And if not what size jets could I use on my nikki to make this work. Im making my order for my gasket kit tomorrow or sunday but i wont be able to get my rotor kit until maybe 2 weeks from now. My biggest thing would be getting my intake and carb because im on a tight budget because im starting UTI in sept. :-/
Old 07-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
Tri-Angles
The Newbie

And here is the link to ausrotary where i have a few pics of the j port that i did on my plates. I havent finished my intake ports yet. Im not going to go too high on my centre plates intake ports though. http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.p...3584&start=100

Last edited by Tri-Angles; 07-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Forgot the link
Old 07-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
-xlr8planet-
RCC Contributor

-xlr8planet- is on a distinguished road

I really like the overall shape of the ports

www.rx7club.com.ar RX-7 Forum in Spanish

I make custom decals. Yes, you can ask me
-xlr8planet- is offline   Reply With Quote