Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section..

Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section.. Tech section for general Rotary Engine... This includes, building 12As, 13Bs, 20Bs, Renesis, etc...

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n hecmanortiz is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[190113] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n magpiemini\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
hecmanortiz
Rotary Fan in Training

hecmanortiz is on a distinguished road
Default What year engine?

Is there a way to determine what year engine my car has?

I've got an '85 base model that I bought 2 years ago. The car had been sitting for a couple of years and was complete. Odometer read 86K. We bought it and I've been able to get it running however I've always had carb problems with it and when I did a rebuild on the carb the jet sizes didn't match the table I got from Sterlings site. I got another carb from a junker, rebuilt it and it's running but I can't get the smooth engine operation and low idle speed. It's idling at 950-1000. Looking at the motor there are bolts on the bosses for PS and AC and a 4 sheave damper so it looks like the motor is not the original one.
Since there are different jet sizes for the years I wonder what would happen if a wrong year carb were installed for the engine year but I need to determine what year engine I have then look at the carb and if needed see what jets I have between the two carbs to match to the engine if I have.
If I sound like I'm crazy let me know also.

Thanks,
Hector

hecmanortiz is offline   Reply With Quote