Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > SportTuner

SportTuner SportTuner.com (TX) is famous for our state of the art Specialized Metal Refinishing and coatings for the professional racer or performance enthusiast. Over 10 years racing experience with rotaries. We also offer a wider variety of specialty products and services.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

SportTuner.com is on a distinguished road
Default Ceramic Coating special for RCC Members

Hay gang I thought I would start out here by offering a Ceramic Coating special for you members. Let me first off give you some information about our ceramic coatings.

Ceramic Coatings by nature of their materials provide a thermal barrier which stands above all other thermal barrier coatings currently being used on the market. Ceramic Coatings will move heat away, reducing heat soak, detonation, power loss and increasing the effective oxidation of fuel. When ceramic coatings are polished they provide a highly reflective surface that further aids in improved flame travel. Unlike some ceramic coatings, ours is not subject to cracking and flaking, which can lead to extensive engine damage. In fact, our ceramic coatings will actually strengthen the coated part. The cured area or "Cermet" provides a barrier of material that can withstand far more heat than normal.

Cerama-Chrome is our most popular coating. This metallic ceramic coating is extremely popular on any engine components where a high luster finish and durable surface are desired. The high temperature characteristics of our ceramic base have been combined with aluminum frits to create a coating that can withstand metal temperatures in excess of 1300 degrees Fahrenheit. Cerama-Chrome is a unique coating that may be applied to a variety of surfaces and metals or any metal part that can withstand over 500 degrees curing temperature. Cerama-Chrome polishes to a high luster, chrome like appearance that will never rust and creates an effective hard protective coating for your parts.

Hi-Temp Satin coatings are our most advanced thermal coatings available. Generally used for exhaust pieces such as headers, downpipes, midpipes, catbacks and so on, they provide a very durable ceramic reinforced coating available in a variety of colors. When properly applied it becomes and exteremly effective thermal barrier coating, increasing performance , while extending component life.

Our Satin Coatings have been tested to exceed over 2000 degrees Fahrenheit without any damage such as lifting, cracking or flaking. Unlike conventual header wraps, it does not hold in potentially damaging heat and moisture around the part. Rather the coating reduces the surface temperatures, extending the life of the coated component. Another advantage to our coating is a very effective corrosion inhibiting film is formed that protects the part against oxidation and imparts excellent chemical resistance that further extends part life while enhancing its appearance.

Coating options available for the special:

Cerama-Chrome (Shiny Chrome like appearance, the smoother the part the more like chrome the finish appears) 1200 Degree capable coating.

Cerama-Gray (Gray coating that looks like primer) 1200 Degree capable coating.

Cerama-Titanium (Slighty reflective coating, great for higher heat applications) 2400 Degree capable coating.

Cerama-Bronze (Slighty reflective coating, great for higher heat applications) 2400 Degree capable coating.

Cerama-Tungsten Gray (Satin finsh coating, great for higher heat applications) 3000 Degree capable coating.

Hi-Temp Cerama-Black (Satin Black for high temperature applications.) 3600 Degree capable coating.

Additional information:

TURN AROUND TIME for most coatings is typically 2-3 weeks. Hi-Temp Satin Black is our fastest to apply.

ALL PARTS MUST BE stripped of all sensors, solenoids, fuel injector diffusers, gaskets, etc. Ship only the part, as they are baked in an oven during the process. Don't worry about cleaning them up, that will be done for you.

SURFACE PREPERATION of your part is available for an additional fee for our Cerama-Chrome finish. The smoother the part is the better the appearance will be on the Cerama-Chrome please feel free to ask if you have questions.

PLEASE INCLUDE IN THE BOX a return address, a contact phone number, and instructions for each part. Pack the parts very well, as they often can be damaged in shipping.

Here is the shipping address:

SportTuner.com
RCC Member Special
230 South Grant Lane, Suite C-1
Fort Worth, TX 76108-2590

This WILL BE a constant running special for RCC members which we will be offering different specials so keep watch.

Again Please feel free to ask any questions about the coatings.

Some images:

SportTuner.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

Our first special will be exhaust parts!

I guess some pricing might help too…LOL

Exhaust Coating examples:

$90.00…..Downpipe of OEM Twin Turbo.
$90.00…..OEM Exhaust Brick for Twin Turbo.
$95.00…..Single Turbo Downpipes (Most).
$100.00…Tubular Manifold for Single turbo (Most).
$80.00…..Rear Compressor housing turbo hotside (Most).
$80.00…..Front Compressor housing turbo coldside (Most).

Prices subject to change upon inspection, all changes will be verified with customer before service.

Last edited by SportTuner.com; 02-22-2010 at 12:24 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
91GSL-SE
At the dirt track.

91GSL-SE is on a distinguished road

Awesome! I really like that Cosmo mani.

Rollin like a reuleaux. Unstoppable.
91GSL-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

Thank you!

That one is done in the Hi-Temp Satin Black finish. I then surfaced the raised letters to expose the aluminum.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
pablo e46
The Newbie

pablo e46 is on a distinguished road

Hey Anthony,
I work nearby your shop and I've got a new header I'd like coated. I'll stop by some time this week.
Thanks
pablo e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

Thanks for the header Pablo, Hope you enjoy it.

Who's next?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

Just wanted to let you know the coating special is still going.

All PM's answered.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Anthony

Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

You may want to provide header pricing for the NA guys.
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
SportTuner.com
The Newbie

Exhaust Coating Specials still going on!

$90.00…..Downpipe of OEM Twin Turbo.
$90.00…..OEM Exhaust Brick for Twin Turbo.
$95.00…..Single Turbo Downpipes (Most).
$100.00…Tubular Manifold for Single turbo (Most).
$125.00..N/A Header (Most).
$80.00…..Rear Compressor housing turbo hotside (Most).
$80.00…..Front Compressor housing turbo coldside (Most).

Remember we can also coat any of your exhaust piping such as Cat Backs and Resonator Pipes.

Prices subject to change upon inspection, all changes will be verified with customer before service.