Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Mazmart

Mazmart www.mazmart.com (GA) RX-7 & RX-8 engine builds, stock/custom parts, home of Rick Engman

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Boosted FC is on a distinguished road
Default RE-medy High Flow Water Pumps

RE-medy water pumps for RX8 and RX7 in stock.
I thought I should take the opportunity to post a thread to highlight our water pumps. We are very proud to sell the only high flow water pump available in the world for the RX-8 and RX7, and have now sold units in practically every corner of the globe. Our pumps are on cars in China, Singapore, UAE, Japan, Germany, Spain, Australia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Canada and all over the US. Our pumps are on race cars in more than one series as well.

The purpose of the pump is to improve on Mazda's design since we are able to precision hand build each unit and have vast experience with rotary engines being raced amid torturous conditions (Having raced and won at 12 hours of Sebring, Daytona 24 hour, 24 Heurs du Mans and won multiple championships). What our pump does is move a greater quantity of water out of the block quicker (As allowed by the thermostat) to be exposed to the cooling elements. This is accomplished by superior design. We start with brand new water pumps from Mazda and install our impeller that we've designed. Our impeller moves more water and prevents cavitation by having much tighter clearances (To every surface), helical shape, closed back and conical introduction. Our design is reminiscent of that used on the R26B 4 rotor engine and does not require any under drive pulley to slow it down.

The current price is $245. We have more Mazda pumps under development as well that will be announced within the next few months. Our pumps come with a 6 month warranty against manufacturing defects. Here are a few pics of the product.

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

'05 Copper 6s, '87 TII RX7...248whp & 224wtq @ 12lbs
Boosted FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

These are GREAT design and I've bought one of these 2-3 months ago. I'm thinking about buying another one for my 8.

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herblenny View Post
These are GREAT design and I've bought one of these 2-3 months ago. I'm thinking about buying another one for my 8.
Let me know Phil.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Are they direct bold on for previous RX7's (FC) or do they require modification. I've heard nothing but good things about these pumps.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix7 View Post
Are they direct bold on for previous RX7's (FC) or do they require modification. I've heard nothing but good things about these pumps.
Currently we only have for the FD & RX8. Nothing for earlier models at the moment.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
RCCAZ 1
Rotary Fanatic

RCCAZ 1 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone taken before and after data? Does it actually improve cooling flow or just reduce cavitation at higher sustained RPMs?
RCCAZ 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCAZ 1 View Post
Has anyone taken before and after data? Does it actually improve cooling flow or just reduce cavitation at higher sustained RPMs?
It flows more, period, in every RPM. Again, this is due to the closed back and the improved clearances. The expense of proving this with data, vs testimonials is not worth it. We don't want to increase the price from the very comfortable place that it is now.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
AHarada
Rotary Fanatic

AHarada is on a distinguished road

http://www.rotarycarclub.com/showpos...57&postcount=1

Are one of those pictures mirrored or something?

Anyway, although there is no real technical data out right now to my knowledge, there have been many user's report on their experience with the pump. I mainly saw them on the RX8 board, but there are some on the other RX7 club as well. Could it all be hype? Sure. But so far no one has disagreed with the theory and design of the impeller.
AHarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHarada View Post
http://www.rotarycarclub.com/showpos...57&postcount=1

Are one of those pictures mirrored or something?

Anyway, although there is no real technical data out right now to my knowledge, there have been many user's report on their experience with the pump. I mainly saw them on the RX8 board, but there are some on the other RX7 club as well. Could it all be hype? Sure. But so far no one has disagreed with the theory and design of the impeller.
We did have a race team that offered to do some testing. Where that offer went, I do not know. All I will say is that the owner of that same team bought 3 pumps from us, & is very pleased with them.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

To put my 2 cents... 3 years ago I was sent to various labview seminars and conferences and I've met some guys who tests air flow for nascar radiators. What I found out from them is that testing wasn't cheap..

the reason for me of buying this product is comparison of stock FD pump vs. this. And also reviews by fellow rotorheads whom I trust their review.

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Well, honestly, in all the years I've been around I've heard nothing but good things about Mazmart and their products.

There is absolutely no reason to doubt their claims. While some may want technical data to back up the claims the bottom line remains the same:

Mazmart's modifications improve the cooling efficiency of the system. Period. The customer satisfaction (both race teams, daily drivers or weekend warriors) speaks a lot about the products.

Believe me, if any shmuck came in here with a random pump and said it outperformed the stock pump I'd question it but we're not talking about any regular Schmucks here....we're talking Mazmart...they've been in the rotary RACING scene since before I was born!

I hate to link to RX7club so I won't but many people have bought these pumps and will vouch for their efficiency both at low RPM and High RPM track days, the info and data is out there just not from Mazmart and that's good for the end consumer IMO.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Last edited by Phoenix7; 10-23-2008 at 04:35 PM..
Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
Boosted FC
Rotary & Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix7 View Post
Well, honestly, in all the years I've been around I've heard nothing but good things about Mazmart and their products.

There is absolutely no reason to doubt their claims. While some may want technical data to back up the claims the bottom line remains the same:

Mazmart's modifications improve the cooling efficiency of the system. Period. The customer satisfaction (both race teams, daily drivers or weekend warriors) speaks a lot about the products.

Believe me, if any shmuck came in here with a random pump and said it outperformed the stock pump I'd question it but we're not talking about any regular Schmucks here....we're talking Mazmart...they've been in the rotary RACING scene since before I was born!

I hate to link to RX7club so I won't but many people have bought these pumps and will vouch for their efficiency both at low RPM and High RPM track days, the info and data is out there just not from Mazmart and that's good for the end consumer IMO.
I thank you for both your positive comments about our company, & the performance products that we offer to the Rotary community & soon to the Mazda community as a whole. What I can say about the pump is that everyone that has purchased it throughout the world has had nothing but high praises for it, & that is what we aim for "customer satisfaction'. You can best believe if any customer is not happy with any of our products, that we will do everything in our power to rectify the problem. Again our pumps may not have been tested in some lab, but it has been tested real world & the results & customer satisfaction speaks for itself.

Last edited by Boosted FC; 10-24-2008 at 07:30 AM..
Old 10-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
MAZMART
Rotary Fan in Training

MAZMART is on a distinguished road
Smile The facts regarding the RE-medy RX7 water pump

I'm happy to be here and to respond to any questions regarding our parts and in particular our RE-medy pump. If the RE-medy pumps were not THE BEST at what they do then I would say nothing from our company is any good; that's how significant of a part it is. I am the main instigator that got this product developed so I can comment on a few aspects of what it is, why it was developed and what it does.

I've owned 2 94 FD RX7s and 1 05 RX8 personally and know that their cooling systems are their 'Achilles heel'. There are many components that make up a proper cooling system and a good water pump is only one of them. The extent of my knowledge of these systems was really quite limited until I had several conversations with Mr Engman on the topic. He was working on some pumps for some significant people at Mazda at the time (That I may not name) and we were finding that the RX8 impellers were less than optimum to say the least, resembling blender blades. We were also under contract to build motors for a race team in the KONI challenge and Mr Downing (The other owner of our company) also had a renesis based engine project that we needed to create improved water pumps for. Some of the previous years' impellers were much better designs and we used some when we could. This required some machining and the supply of those were also quite sketchy. MNAO was unable to source the ones we needed from Japan and they were still less than optimal. One Saturday morning at a business breakfast with Mr Engman I suggested that we make our own. We researched the possibilites from there and after consulting with our friend Dr Iannetti regarding materials, began building these units. They are similar to the pumps that were used on the R26B 4 rotor and absolutely flow more. The first principle that allows this is clearancing: The closed back design and vane positioning is much better on our pump. You can look at the edges of our impeller in relation to the pump body. In every direction we have tighter clearances so that water can be properly gathered. The water that is drawn to the pump meets a cone before being directed to the blades. The important aspect of the general helical shape is related to the release of the water being gentle in order to avoid cavitation. This pump came from a lot of research and a lot of years of experience with rotaries at every level and is absolutey superior at moving more water out of the block more efficiently including at elevated revs.

At some point we decided to do the version for the FD and have been very pleased with the results. The testimonials have been very rewarding. These are the rotary cars that need it the most, generating the most heat and having sub-par pump designs from the factory.

I am very pleased to be associated with a performance option for our cars that actually does something without smoke and mirrors like some companies utilize every day in their marketing.

Thank you to all who have used us and considered us in our interesting past through to our present stage (Which is very exciting to me).

Paul Thomas
General Manager
Mazmart Inc
MAZMART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

classicauto is on a distinguished road

Just curious....

So you're selling the pumps seperate again? Or do you still have to purchase the housing/thermostat assembly also?
classicauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
MAZMART
Rotary Fan in Training

MAZMART is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicauto View Post
Just curious....

So you're selling the pumps seperate again? Or do you still have to purchase the housing/thermostat assembly also?
Happily selling them separate again. The only reason we ever did them as the big pump body/housing setup was due to us not wanting to use a cheap aftermarket reman as the starting point for our product. The quality, flatness of mating surfaces (Or lack thereof) shaft dimensions, depths and clearances totally disqualified remans. We knew people wanted the product and some would pay extra in order to avoid waiting. Mazda showed to have less than 10 complete units of which I think I bought 7 or 8. These retail at $336.58 currently and we sold the RE-medy version for $400 approx. I doubt there are any more left but I haven't checked since I'm happy to provide the specific needed part again for $245. Thanks for asking. Great question.

Paul.
MAZMART is offline   Reply With Quote