Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Ludwig Motorsports

Ludwig Motorsports www.ludwigmotorsports.com (IN/KY) Full service; rotary engine builds, swaps, fabrication, etc.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

C. Ludwig is on a distinguished road
Default Haltech CAN Module Update

We got a set of pre-release CAN expansion modules a couple days ago for evaluation. We received the I/O-12 and TC-2 modules as well as the CAN Hub module.

The I/O-12 is a 12 channel module, as the name suggests. It features 4 analog inputs, 4 digital inputs, and 4 digital pulsed outputs. The analog inputs would be generally be used with temp and pressure sensors, though other functions are possible. The digital inputs can be used for pulsed wheel speed sensors or as direct acting function controls. The digital outputs can control pulse-width functions such as idle control or boost control, or simple on-off functions such as cooling fans and fluid pumps. Other options would be available for these inputs and outputs, I've only given brief examples. The I/O-12 includes an 8ft long flying lead harness.

The TC-2 is a 2 channel thermocouple module. The TC-2 includes high quality, open element, K-type thermocouples. The open element is key for a fast response sensor. We expect a 4 channel version of this module as well.

The CAN Hub allows multiple CAN modules to interface with the ECU. The network will allow a single CAN device to interface directly with the ECU. So, you would be able to run the I/O or TC box by themselves without the need for additional devices. If you want to run multiple input modules you will need the CAN Hub. The CAN Hub would then connect directly to the ECU and up to six devices can be connected to the hub.

Pricing is not yet available.

We will be installing the I/O-12 on our project turbo Miata and using it to run the idle speed control and our water injection setup. The Miata uses the Sprint 500 ECU and we easily used up the two programmable outputs and need more. The I/O-12 is the answer we're looking for. We'll also be using the analog inputs to monitor intake temps and pressures, and input from out Phormula knock monitor as we continue to develop the package.

One stop Haltech, AEM, Syvecs shopping. Installation and tuning.
http://www.lms-efi.com
Free support. Drop us an email.
chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI

Last edited by C. Ludwig; 04-16-2011 at 11:38 AM..
C. Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough

Can the Sport series use these without using the CAN hub? (thinking something similar to the VNET connection between the IO12, the dash, and the ecu)
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

I need to check on compatibility with the dashes. I would guess you'll need a hub to use one of the modules with the dash. I'll post the answer when I get back from vacation.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI
Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

Sport and Sprint ECUs

The Racepak dash can be used with any of the other Haltech CAN accessories. You will simply need the hub module when connecting more than one CAN product. So if you have a dash now and you want to add an I/O box you would need to purchase the I/O box and the hub module. The hub then connects to the ECU and the dash and I/O box connect to the hub.

Got a chance to play with the I/O box today and it works as advertised. One of the nicest things about the I/O box is that it adds some features to the Sprint ECUs that aren't available in it's standard configuration. Add the I/O box and closed loop idle control and NOS outputs are available as well as fuel and spark trim inputs.

Also, up to two six position hubs can be used with one ECU. That allows a total number of expansion devices to be nine (12 slots total, one use for the ECU and two used to connect the two hubs). Right now the only device options are the I/O12 and TC2/TC4. Expect other offerings in the future such as internal logging memory expansion, GPS receiver, etc.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI

Last edited by C. Ludwig; 04-27-2011 at 01:12 AM..
Old 06-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
FerociousP
I-had-a-bad-experience...

FerociousP is on a distinguished road

any idea on cost yet?

'15 Juke Nismo
'06 MX-5 GT SOLD
'04 S Silver RX-8 GT Track Day Use SOLD
'90 Black TII vert w/ Sprint RE stock port/turbo DD dyno (242.6whp@5500rpm @12psi 8psi@redline) and (250ftlbtq@4800rpm @13psi) SOLD
'89 GTUs 6p TII SOLD, '87 sport SOLD, '79 SA stock SOLD
'91 B2600i 4x4 w/ Rx-8 LSD SOLD
FerociousP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

Check our website, www.lms-efi.com for current pricing.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI