Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Response

Rotary Response Rotary Performance and Special Applications over 40 years rotary experience 3378 North Winstel Blvd. Tucson, Arizona 85716 520-327-6404

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
rx4ur7
Rotary since 1972

rx4ur7 is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction for Rx for your 7 - Rotary Response and Racing

Thank you Rotary Car Club for allowing free access to rotary information and parts again. Jay Evenson here, owner operator of Rx for your 7 - Rotary Response and Racing.

I became aware in 1971 after driving a friend's RX3. Left Chevrolet to work for Mazda. Did a short stint with Porsche after our Mazda Dealership in Asbury Park went under. Left Porsche to be an independent rotary servicer in 1975 so people didn't have to go to either PA or north Jersey to have their rotaries maintained. Moved from NJ to Arizona in 1978 (anyone remember that winter?) and worked for an independent Mazda shop until 1986 when I opened Rx for your 7 - Rotary Response and Racing.*

The reason I left Chevrolet was because they started selling the vega and chevette, which all the techs said the same thing, "these are not chevys, this one isn't even American". When a transporter came into the dealer we knew that of the ten cars nine would have some sort of warranty issue most with driveline the rest interior, body fit or paint.
After seeing the quality of these cars that had wierd motors built buy this unknown Japanese company selling new for $1995 fully loaded, AM/FM stereo, full carpets, ash tray, sig lighter, full gauge package, AC. Compared to the Vega/Chevette selling for the same price with no carpet, radio, gauges, (speedo only) no anything, and sounded and rode like you were in 46 willys jeep. I was sold. Besides being able to go out and beat up on the Mustangs and Cameros, hey who could resist. OK rat motors would beat us in a staight line but then when you hit the twisties they didn't stand a chance.

to be continued; the road to Porsche

Mazda has always produced a platform that has performance and exceptional handling making for the fun to drive road car. This is what I try to maintain. So for a lot of you kids out there I am too conservative. I am not big on straight line only, I am more concerned with how fast you can make it around the whole track or hill climb or open road and do that day after day after day. I never liked to have to work a lot at the track, just get in the car and drive and finish every race. Remember "To finish first, you must first finish" M. Donahue.

To see more please visit Rxforyour7.com.

Check out Rotary Response on Modifications thread to see modification philosophy.

Shop has three ways of doing things
1-Mazda way
2-My way, which is basically the Mazda way
3-See the above.

I am a factory freak since they trained me, be it Chevrolet, Porsche or Mazda. Firm believer that the 99% of the time the factory knows what is best. I have never been burned when using parts off the shelf from the factory.

Have been burned plenty of times on "easy bolt in replacement" brought in parts or generic aftermarket replacement parts. I offer no warranty on labor for installation of any non-Mazda parts.

Since I have always worked in emission IM240 states everything that is driven on the street has to pass the gas tests. So all performance work has been based on maintaining all emission equipment. These guys can produce a lot of HP and still be kind to the environment. I have done a lot of research in improving performance and efficiency with that in mind. Much of which ended up in being able to produce race cars that had better reliability and still win.

I will strive to give RCC members a break on parts and shipping when I can. Have a pretty extensive stock of new old parts.
I am adding parts to the website all the time. I accept PayPal or CC over the phone. Please make initial contact and requests through email. We can then make arrangements for payment. Remember to mention that you are a RCC member and give your handle.

Hope to be able to help out and be a good addition to RCC. (please check ebay feedback as reference also)

Happy and Safe driving

JE

Last edited by rx4ur7; 10-09-2009 at 03:09 PM..
rx4ur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Were you by any chance part of the Cosmo Rescue Team?.....your shop name sounds very familiar.

Welcome to the club and thanks for the support.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
rx4ur7
Rotary since 1972

No. I did have a few Cosmos here but got rid of them all and then Dave picked up most of the parts that I had left.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

haha, rotarydave with the ginormous collection of old-school cars?

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
rx4ur7
Rotary since 1972

One and the same, yep. Crazy Dave. Really good guy.