Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Extreme

Rotary Extreme www.rotaryextreme.com (CA) Rotary Extreme is back, still offering the same high quality products

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

rotaryextreme is on a distinguished road
Default Rotary Extreme v-mounts 3rd gen

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED

Hey everyone,

The regular v-mount is now the small v-mount set-up that will be more then enough for any small single turbo or twin turbo set-up, good for upto 400 whp and can support Time Attack type events with ease. BNR or 99 spec turbos included.

The monster v-mount will be reclassified as the large v-mount and is best when supporting any application making more then 500 whp. The monster v-mount is best for a drag set-up.

The new medium v-mount will be the best all around. This v-mount fills the gap between the small and large v-mount kit. It will support 400 to 475 whp all day long in drift and time attack events.

These new kits are designed from years of use and feed back from Rotary Extreme v-mount customers and research in the field of autosports.

The new kits come with all new brackets and hardware, new beefy tow hooks, more space for your modified a/c lines, new oil cooler to replace the power steering cooler line, all wires and connections needed to extend the radiator fans, samco hoses, t-bolt clamps and carbon diffuser in between the radiator and Inter-cooler to reduce turbulance and aid in more straightend airflow to the cores.

All kits are very close in price and are priced as complete kits. You will need to figure out which application is best for your set-up.

The new kits will be updated on the site once fully completed with the new pricing in September 09. <--- yes pushed back. sorry.

Then I will be working on the same v-mount set-up for the 2nd gen RX-7. I will have two kits, one low power and one high power. The low power kit will be for cars making 350whp and less. The high power will be for 350 whp and more.

The low power will be more then enough for a modified stock turbo 2nd gen. If you go to a larger turbo, your gonna want the high power v-mount set-up.

Catch ya guys later, Ben
The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power.--- Jalopnik www.rotaryextreme.com, after more then a 2 year break, Rotary Extreme Re-opens 9/11/08.

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 11-02-2009 at 09:35 AM..
rotaryextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
scrubolio
Rotary Fan in Training

scrubolio is on a distinguished road

when do you expect to update the website w/ new info? or is it already up? (didn't see the medium v-mount)
scrubolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

I will update the website as soon as the track mount is fitted on Calvin Wans car. He already has a power steering oil cooler so he will not have the one supplied in the kit. If you are going to keep your AC, you will still get the center CF vertical divider. If you are not going to use AC, I will have an optional stepped CF piece that will aid the air flow through the radiator core.

All three kits are going to be released in about 2 months with the new pricing.

Thanks, Ben
The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power.--- Jalopnik www.rotaryextreme.com, after more then a 2 year break, Rotary Extreme Re-opens 9/11/08.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

It looks like the new kits will be around 2500 for everything you will need.

I can do group buys if I see more then 5 people interested. It does not have to be 5 of the small mount or 5 of the monster mount, it can be mixed up. Just need 5 people interested then I will open a group buy.

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 08-27-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Old 08-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #5
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Just an update, For anyone in the US, lower 48 states..

Who ever buys a vmount kit from me at retail price in California, talk to me first to save tax from buying it from the paypal link. Also, in Cali, the shipping is around 100.

If your in Cali, for 350 plus the retail price of the vmount I will install it on your car.

For all other states, for the right price I will come to you with the kit.

Plane fares are getting cheap...lol

Offer good until the end of 2009.

P.s. This does not apply to group buys, sorry guys.

Ben

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 08-15-2009 at 05:40 AM..
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Here are some pics of the track vmount set-up. Beefy 1/4 ss towhooks. Large garret core 20x10x3. Modified 2 pass koyo radiator. Power steering oil cooler. New front frame replacement bar that has brackets to support the back of the radiator. The kit will come with hose techniques silicone hoses for the I/C and radiator. Come with pre-drilled holes and hardware to mount your A/C condinsor.

Optional parts listed below.

Battery relocation is required and we have a kit for that.

Carbon fiber duct in between the radiator and I/C

Sard 75 degree celcius themostat.

Light Polishing of all pieces in the kit. The photos show the finish of the light polish.

These photos are early release photos so you can get an idea of what the kit looks like.

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car track vmount big.jpg (68.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg fitment front rad big.jpg (58.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg frame rail bar big.jpg (86.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg front rad big.jpg (75.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg fuse box brackets big.jpg (62.3 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

More pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rad bumper big.jpg (45.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg tow hook big.jpg (50.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg track vmount 1 big.jpg (95.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg track vmount bumper big.jpg (66.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Looking good man, glad to see you working on new things for the rotaries. Impressive for sure! Keep it up, any new projects coming up?

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Only new project, the big one anyways, is my Eaton TVS s/c kit for the RX8. Its the s/c from the new ZR1 vette. Once its working on the RX8 I'm going to make it work for an FD. I know some poeple might think its a joke or thats it's stupid, but I want to make it work for myself and see what kind of results I will get.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

cool, keep us posted. Want to see the power it makes over the turbo cars.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

The idea behind the s/c is not to make more power then turbo, the idea is to make the car as a whole more responsive and predictable. I am targeting Time Attack and togue style racing. Tunning will be easier and the whole kit will be half the price of going single turbo with its supporting mods. There will be less heat and you will have 20b n/a performance from your s/c 13b 2 rotor. Figure that less then 10k would include the s/c, vmount and fuel system.

I originaly wanted to make a 20b n/a fc track car. But after cost assesment. An s/c 13b fd is easier to tune (more predictable) and way more affordable to support through a race season.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 08-27-2009 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

well, maybe I worded it wrong....I can't wait to see how the power curve differs in the SC setup vs the turbo setup. I'm under the impression the SC will make more low-end power than a turbo.

Will you be doing the SC on an REW block? Franken-motor?

Is the 20B's cost what kept you away from doing the NA FC?

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 08-28-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

whoa dude, how the hell did I just get control of your post.....WTFeathers????

ok, fixed it...lol

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 08-28-2009 at 02:23 AM..
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #14
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

haha, you're a Mod in your section so you hit "edit" instead of "quote" that's an invasion of privacy!!!

Sounds like a good project! 10K for a whole setup sounds pretty reasonable too, you'd spend almost that much to mod a rotary for 300-350hp anyways.

Last edited by Phoenix7; 08-27-2009 at 11:17 PM..
Old 08-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #15
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

[COLOR=Black]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix7[/COLOR
]well, maybe I worded it wrong....I can't wait to see how the power curve differs in the SC setup vs the turbo setup. I'm under the impression the SC will make more low-end power than a turbo.

[COLOR=Black]

The Eaton TVS will make power all the way to redline. I am also curious at the same psi the comparision to the two. A T-78 at 11psi makes about 330whp and 250lbtq. Atleast mine did. For the fd I'm going with a ported rew motor and the S/C. No crazy switching of parts between motors. I'm doing it to see a realistic cost assesment for racing on a acceptable budget.

Quote:
]

Will you be doing the SC on an REW block? Franken-motor?

[COLOR=Black]

For the fd I'm going with a ported rew motor and the S/C. No crazy switching of parts between motors. I'm doing it to see a realistic cost assesment for racing on a acceptable budget. For the Renesis I will have it bridge ported and use esmiril apex seals.

Quote:
]

Is the 20B's cost what kept you away from doing the NA FC?

NOPE. For buying an FD with a blown motor, then rebuilding the motor and throwing on the s/c kit and sespension pieces. Its about the same as buying a cheap fc and 20b, then rebuilding the 20b for n/a and getting suspension pieces. Both set-ups will run about 20k when done for everything. The difference is the FD set-up is way easier to maintain and its a better starting point.

I still want a nice anniversary fc to cruise around, even if its stock on some sweet rims.

Well, only time will tell. It will be nice to just do it and see the results.

Last edited by Phoenix7; 08-28-2009 at 12:26 PM..