Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Ludwig Motorsports

Ludwig Motorsports www.ludwigmotorsports.com (IN/KY) Full service; rotary engine builds, swaps, fabrication, etc.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

C. Ludwig is on a distinguished road
Default Sprint RE Harness

Just finished (almost) our first Sprint RE full standalone harness. We still need to add the fuse block and relays but the harness is otherwise complete. This system is going in an FB that is receiving a TII swap.

The Sprint RE, as shipped, doesn't include the fuses and relays you find in the rest of the Haltech line. The SRE is designed to be used in conjunction with the stock wiring so those parts are omitted from the factory. However, we are adding a fuse block and relay(s) to the system so that it can be used as a full standalone with no supporting factory wiring. We're also looking at offering a kit to retro-fit other SRE/S500 ECUs with the necessary power wiring. Alas, the fuse and relay portion of this harness isn't finished so the relays are not in the pic.

One stop Haltech, AEM, Syvecs shopping. Installation and tuning.
http://www.lms-efi.com
Free support. Drop us an email.
chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI

Last edited by C. Ludwig; 04-14-2010 at 09:55 PM..
C. Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Redshft
Rotary Fan in Training

Redshft is on a distinguished road

Looks nice. Any ballpark price on the added cost of the harness?
Contemplating building up my other motor for my race car using a Sprint RE, but when the car was converted to carb (by a previous owner) they stripped out every bit of stock harness. Actually I talked to you about it a little bit at the DGRR.
1988 RX7 Convertible - new project
2004 Impreza and 2003 Legacy wagons for hauling groceries and The Dog
Redshft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

For the 2-rotor application we've settled on $400 for the Sprint standalone harness and $350 for the Sports. The Sprint has added cost in the fuse block and relay required to make it a true standalone harness since these are not included in the harness from Haltech.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
Redshft
Rotary Fan in Training

Redshft is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chris. Seems like a reasonable price. Is that a from-scratch price, or does any stock harness stuff need to be supplied? (I do have complete S5 harness in a parts car.)
Either way, I'll have to start budgeting for that when I start rebuilding my spare motor, hopefully this winter.
1988 RX7 Convertible - new project
2004 Impreza and 2003 Legacy wagons for hauling groceries and The Dog
Redshft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshft View Post
Thanks Chris. Seems like a reasonable price. Is that a from-scratch price, or does any stock harness stuff need to be supplied? (I do have complete S5 harness in a parts car.)
Either way, I'll have to start budgeting for that when I start rebuilding my spare motor, hopefully this winter.
Depends on what components you'll be using. With 2nd gen stuff we ask the customer to send in their CAS, TPS, and coils so that we can swap the stock connectors on those parts with new Deustch connectors. It's hard to obtain all the correct stock connectors and we like the idea of providing a new, high quality connector for each part to help eliminate possible failures. The Deustch connector is also readily available and very easy to work with in case there is ever a need to change one of the components. For 3rd gen components we have sources for most of the stock connectors so we can usually build those out from scratch.

Since you're working with a more proprietary setup we may not need you to send us anything. That would help avoid cross border expenses too.

The short answer to your question is that the price is all inclusive but you may or may not have to send us some pieces.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Ludwig View Post
The Deustch connector is also readily available and very easy to work with in case there is ever a need to change one of the components.
Chris, I like the harness, it looks fantastic. I wouldn't agree that the Deustch connectors are easy to work with. For you and I sure, we have the tooling, but for the average person that can't build a harness, I doubt they would have the proper tools to extract/replace a pin. The DMC crimper that I bought was >$300, most people don't seem to want to spend 10% of that on a set of crimpers. Unless you know a few tricks with the Deutsch connectors that I am unaware of.

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #7
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road

This is why I plan on contacting you guys if/when my Haltech PS1000 plans pan through...

Looks awesome, so is the intent of this harness to completely replace the stock wiring, as in, remove it completely?
infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
C. Ludwig
Rotary Masochist

The Deustch pins are available in two types. The barrel type, which TiTT is referring to that requires a special crimp tool, and a stamped type which can be crimped with a generic tool that's commonly used for Weatherpack terminals. The stamped Deustch pins are very similar in how they crimp to the Weatherpack terminals. While we use the barrel pins, if someone without the means or desire to source an expensive crimper wants to use or modify a Deustch connector you can purchase a new crimp tool that will work from us for under $50. Also, in my experience, nothing more than a good dental hook and a small jewlers screwdriver is needed to de-pin a Deustch connector. In comparison to something like a Delphi terminal which is all but impossible to pull apart without ruining the terminal and/or housing even with the "proper" tool, the Deustch connectors are an absolute dream to work with.

Infernosg, depending on the platform the harness will replace some or all of the emissions harness. On the 2nd gen, the wiper harness is part of the emission harness, so it's the customer would need to remove that part of the harness from their stock loom and retain it. Other than that, the injection and ignition is all controlled by the new Haltech loom. The 3rd gen has bits of the trans harness combined with the emissions loom so that also needs to be addressed. On both platforms the dash and main harness need to stay as they control everything else that isn't engine related.

It's important to note that we build the looms to order, so if you have a 6 injector setup on a 2-rotor we can accomodate that. If you use stock Denso style injectors and ID 2000s with an EV6 connector, we can accomodate that. We also started incorporating a breakout on the ignition side of things on all our harnesses. If you're running stock coils right now we build the harness for that. Later, if you decide you want to use a different style of coil or want to run a CDI, all we need to do is build a new breakout to plug into the existing harness. No need to remove anything other than the short ignition loom and reconnect the new loom.

chris@lms-efi.com
502-515-7482
Facebook @LMS-EFI