Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 3rd Gen Classified > 3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale

3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale Buy or Sell your Car only!! No Parts!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Rotr8
The Newbie

Rotr8 is on a distinguished road
Default WTB: FD donor for Pettit GT project

I am the designer behind Pettit Racing's new FD body conversion kit. Cam and I hope to have this on the market before the end of the year 2013. I am not going to go into too many details in this post at this time other than if you are familiar with the Fortune Vielside kit, this will be along the lines of that kit price and effort of installation. I will post a few of the renders that I've done for Cam though. I am looking for a decent donor car that's essentially one step up from a roller. Must have running engine and title should be clean, I really don't want to spend more effort on small inspection details when I would like to be building this kit.

So again I am looking for a car that's ---

-capable of moving under its own power(so that it can be moved in and out of the shop with ease during build)

-Paint and minor cosmetic damage is not a priority but price must reflect quality
Silver was color indicated in required field but anything will be considered

-Mileage of chassis is negligible, this is the prototype demo chassis for the kit #000, but anywhwere from 40k-90K is ideal

-reasonable to say that a car that meets these requirements will go for anywhere from $8k-$14K and within reason I will be paying that.

-I will be building the master panels myself and from there consider several venues to bring the production kit into being including the consideration of a Kickstarter project.

-Most common question is what does the back look like?- like an evolved FD but the design is not finished, I really need a car in front of me to consider the proportions and ideal tail lights are still being chosen.

-Feel Free to call Cam and light the fire under his but on this, he's currently distracted by a trike project, ironically I am doing the design for that as well, I would just rather finish one thing first(this) before moving on. I feel this is the more relevant priority and have pretty much taken it upon myself to finish it. Those who know Cam know the ADD that I'm poking at, lol

- can contact me though PM or through GTAutoConcepts@gmail.com thanks,,,

-The fun stuff-

Rotr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

I have to say, this pleases me greatly. I'm loving those body lines.
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
muibubbles
Bubble Tech

muibubbles is on a distinguished road

Jebus greg that front end looks amazing.

with your price range you can pretty much pick out any car. i was in hunt for a Bubble Tech Project FD a month ago to do a kit as well. any if youre willing to travel a bit, you can get FD's well below your budget (mine was like 5k blown motor)

but quick glance i noticed the windows are different. Judging from the rendering it looks like the side windows will need to be replaced.. is that correct?

Bubble Tech

www.BubbleTech.us
muibubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
MotoTek
Always Under Construction

MotoTek is on a distinguished road

Very badass! I love seeing new innovative stuff for these 20 yr old cars.

If I would do anything, it would be to run deep dish Meisters like you have on the rendering.
It'll bring the car more attention in the car community, imo.

goodluck!

Last edited by MotoTek; 12-01-2012 at 12:08 AM..
MotoTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Rotr8
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muibubbles View Post
Jebus greg that front end looks amazing.
but quick glance i noticed the windows are different. Judging from the rendering it looks like the side windows will need to be replaced.. is that correct?
actually no, this is by design, what I am doing is raising the shoulder line of the door to consume the opening latch. It changes that entire line that blends into the fender. I will either do an electronic door release or a mechanical latch that be built flush into that surface. I will still have to blank out the space above that latch, the area that the glass does not meet, but that should be easy to do

Last edited by Rotr8; 12-01-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

I can't stop looking at this lol. I believe this is what we deserve from Mazda as the next RX-7, but we know that will never happen. Even if we get one, it won't look like this, it'll look like the goofy designs they've been coming out with lately.

So are you planning on making this just a bolt on setup, with the exception of the rear that will need to be welded on over the stock fenders or something? Are you looking at this being metal, fiberglass, or what?

The rear seems to be a bit short when compared to the FD rear, or is this just because of the angle of the rendering?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Jwteknix
Rotary Fan in Training

Jwteknix is on a distinguished road

Thing is mean looking
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
Rotr8
The Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
I can't stop looking at this lol. I believe this is what we deserve from Mazda as the next RX-7, but we know that will never happen. Even if we get one, it won't look like this, it'll look like the goofy designs they've been coming out with lately.

So are you planning on making this just a bolt on setup, with the exception of the rear that will need to be welded on over the stock fenders or something? Are you looking at this being metal, fiberglass, or what?

The rear seems to be a bit short when compared to the FD rear, or is this just because of the angle of the rendering?
Ill be doing a full write up after the holiday is over, for now just looking for a donor. But yes you are right Cam wanted the design to have a rear chop, but I feel that's a lot to ask of an FD owner. I haven't finished the rear yet so that' why Ive been hesitant on show much more than the front.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotr8 View Post
Ill be doing a full write up after the holiday is over, for now just looking for a donor. But yes you are right Cam wanted the design to have a rear chop, but I feel that's a lot to ask of an FD owner. I haven't finished the rear yet so that' why Ive been hesitant on show much more than the front.
Very nice job. I like the flowing line of the kit better than the Veilside kit. FWIW I have to agree that a rear chop wouldn't look right. An enhancement of the original line would be better. These cars are gorgeous in stock trim, you seem to be accentuating the original lines. Makes me want to go get an FD.

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.
GySgtFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Rotr8
The Newbie

Lunch time bump
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgtFrank View Post
Very nice job. I like the flowing line of the kit better than the Veilside kit. FWIW I have to agree that a rear chop wouldn't look right. An enhancement of the original line would be better. These cars are gorgeous in stock trim, you seem to be accentuating the original lines. Makes me want to go get an FD.
I completely agree, I think this kit looks WAY better than the Veilside...rather, I don't like the VS kit at all, and I love this one lol. And I wasn't saying the rear chop wouldn't look right, I think it might look just fine, I was just mentioning that's what it looks like. I'd be worried about fitment of a fuel tank though, although I'm guessing it would have a fuel cell instead of the stock tank LOL.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
DriFD3S
Rotary Fanatic

DriFD3S is on a distinguished road

I have a Silver FD that I would consider selling you,
for the right price of course,
however, I wouldn't be indifferent to pulling out lots of stuff before the sale,
like my speakers, deck,.. Maybe other things, depending on what you actually want to buy.

I will send you an E-Mail with a link, and my thoughts.

JDM True Story.

the Vacuum line, to my MAP became detached while I was legally drifting.
my engine would not rev past 2500, and idled from 300-650 and was stalling.
Fortunately, I acquired a Zip-Tie.
I fixed a catastrophic engine failure, With a Zip-Tie.
JDM FTW.
DriFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
DriFD3S
Rotary Fanatic

DriFD3S is on a distinguished road

sorry, my Kijiji ad expired, and is now deleted,.. so, the link isn't there,
but, my thoughts are.

:P
DriFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
Rotr8
The Newbie

Still looking, have had some great offers, but prefer to buy in the local area(DMV,DE,PA) just to keep cost down when traveling to take ownership.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Rotr8
The Newbie

Thanks to all who made generous offers, appreciate the enthusiasm!