Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Rotary Events

Rotary Events Please post Rotary Events ONLY!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
VR8
Dragon Slayer Alumni

VR8 is on a distinguished road
Default Dragon Event Info Needed ... FAST!

The planning has begun for this years 2008 BOTD, but we need your input! Many of us are wondering what things are really important to you. Since many of these questions are more than just a "check this box" answer please answer in "cut and paste" form so that we can share with the other BOTD board members.

1.) We have the oppotunity to have fully catered dinners at BOTD this year, complete with a full sit down dining room. The meals include a salad, entree, dessert, and drinks. The meals are all you can eat and are of restaurant quality, not "lunch room" quality.

Would you be willing to pay about $55 dollars for four meals?

2.) What are the top 3 things you feel are important factors that would give you the most satisfaction from BOTD from this list?

-- Excursions
-- Accomodations
-- Food and Beverage
-- Awards Ceremony
-- T-Shirts
-- Meet and Greet Activities
-- Prizes
-- Lowest Possible Price

3.) Using the same list, what are the three LEAST important factors that really make no difference to your enjoyment of BOTD.

4.) Would you be willing to spend $100 on registration if it covered all four meals?

5.) What would you like to see different about BOTD this year, than from prior years.

Thanks gang! Please post your responses as soon as you can!

The above format courtesy of Frank.

VR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
khronus79
RCC Contributor

khronus79 is on a distinguished road

Let me be the first one to respond to this pop quiz:

"1.) We have the oppotunity to have fully catered dinners at BOTD this year, complete with a full sit down dining room. The meals include a salad, entree, dessert, and drinks. The meals are all you can eat and are of restaurant quality, not "lunch room" quality.
Would you be willing to pay about $55 dollars for four meals?"

YES*2 since my wife would be joining me.

"2.) What are the top 3 things you feel are important factors that would give you the most satisfaction from BOTD from this list?"

#1 - Accomodations
#2 - Excursions - Such as driving as a group through the Dragon, the Skyway, the Devil's triangle, etc... on the other hand if by "excursions you mean putting on hiking boots and going in the woods after big foot then you can put this one at the bottom of the list.
#3 - Food and Beverage

"3.) Using the same list, what are the three LEAST important factors that really make no difference to your enjoyment of BOTD."

#8 - Awards ceremony(last place) - I know a lot of people put lots of effort not only into their car's performance but also into the looks of the car, for these people an awards ceremony might be important, but for those of us that go to the dragon just to drive the out of our cars this is negligible.
#7 - Prizes - Read above, I think driving the roads out there its a prize all onto itself.
#6 - Lowest possible price - Not that I want to pay a high premium, I think we would all like to save as much as possible, but if a much lower price its going to affect the overall experience of the trip in a negative way then I much rather pay a little extra(big emphasis on LITTLE extra)

"4.) Would you be willing to spend $100 on registration if it covered all four meals?"

It depends on what else its included on that registration, do we get discounts on lodging??, event t-shirts????, memorabilia, souvenirs?? stickers??? keychains??? all of the above??? anything?? nothing????
I would be bringing at least 3 more people and maybe as many as 8 total, so to me registration would be from $400 to $800, lodging discount would make those numbers look much more attractive, and all those little extras would put a smile on everyone and it just adds to the whole experience.

"5.) What would you like to see different about BOTD this year, than from prior years."

I've never attended a BOTD event but I've been to DGRR and if the experience its anything like this year's DGRR then, I'm there.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
VR8
Dragon Slayer Alumni

Great response khronus... Trying to cover some of your questions in answer to #4....

Discounts on lodging? Yes, much like at DGRR. The earlier you register the bigger the discount.
T-shirts? We had them every year so far, so I'd say yes.
Memorabilia, stickers, souvenirs, keychains? These also were present in past years. Vendors are usually the giver here, so long as they still have a giving heart....I'd say yes again. We'll also have trophies for various catagories. Last year was "Best Wild", "Best in Show", "Best Mild", "Cleanest", "Dirtiest".....

One thing that makes the event better is raffles. The more participation we have in the raffles the better the give-aways. I'll have to put the raffles on here as well in case there are some that don't frequent RX8web.com or RX8club.com.

Last edited by VR8; 05-14-2008 at 09:04 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
sumdeus
Rotary Fanatic

sumdeus is on a distinguished road

1.) We have the oppotunity to have fully catered dinners at BOTD this year, complete with a full sit down dining room. The meals include a salad, entree, dessert, and drinks. The meals are all you can eat and are of restaurant quality, not "lunch room" quality.
Would you be willing to pay about $55 dollars for four meals?

Yes, its nice to not have to worry about the when and where of food.

2.) What are the top 3 things you feel are important factors that would give you the most satisfaction from BOTD from this list?

Accommodations
Meet and Greet Activities/Excursions (Combine the two)
Food and Beverage

3.) Using the same list, what are the three LEAST important factors that really make no difference to your enjoyment of BOTD.

Prizes
Lowest Possible Price
Awards Ceremony

4.) Would you be willing to spend $100 on registration if it covered all four meals?

Throw in a t-shirt or other goodie and you have got yourself 'yes'

5.) What would you like to see different about BOTD this year, than from prior years.

Never been to a BOTD, went to the last DGRR and had an absolute blast. Like Kronus79 said, if it is anything like DGRR I am there.
sumdeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
khronus79
RCC Contributor

khronus79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR8 View Post
Great response khronus... Trying to cover some of your questions in answer to #4....

Discounts on lodging? Yes, much like at DGRR. The earlier you register the bigger the discount.
T-shirts? We had them every year so far, so I'd say yes.
Memorabilia, stickers, souvenirs, keychains? These also were present in past years. Vendors are usually the giver here, so long as they still have a giving heart....I'd say yes again. We'll also have trophies for various catagories. Last year was "Best Wild", "Best in Show", "Best Mild", "Cleanest", "Dirtiest".....

One thing that makes the event better is raffles. The more participation we have in the raffles the better the give-aways. I'll have to put the raffles on here as well in case there are some that don't frequent RX8web.com or RX8club.com.
Well then, this being the case all I have left to say is, "Where do I sign up??"
Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Pink Flea
Rotary Fan in Training

Pink Flea is on a distinguished road

Jon, you forgot the award for star of the event!!!
Im going to aim at not winning that award again.
Pink Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
VR8
Dragon Slayer Alumni

Ah yes, forgot that one Flea.

I sense the registration coming soon!