Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Atkins Rotary

Atkins Rotary www.atkinsrotary.com (WA) Rotary engine and engine part supplier

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough
Default Supercharger kits

i have a couple questions about the supercharger kits you sell. Mostly in search of information of results with the kit installed, advantages of going with the 9" charger etc.

What is the life expectancy of the supercharger?

I am looking into options for a 13B engine. What effect does porting have with the superchargers? Would it be able to flow enough for a larger street port or a bridgeport?

Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Atkins Dan
Premium Vendor

Atkins Dan is on a distinguished road

the 5in will be the better charger as the 9in is too big and in the air cavatates in the manifold.. where the 5in wont have that problem..
as for the life span of the charger you shouldf get about 1K or more out if it as long as nothing goes throu it and it has a good oil feed and drain..

on porting what 13B are you going to use???? as there a different HP rating on what block you want to use..

Dan
Atkins Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #3
Whizbang
Respecognize!

i was planning on running either a GSLSE based 13B with 12a four port irons OR a 13b 6PI engine. Both either stock ported or streetported, more likely streetported.

by your site i see the 7" coming up with setups for the rotary engine, but only toyota applications for the 5".

Also, is the "1k" life span a typo?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
Whizbang
Respecognize!

also the end use of this will be for my rally cross car. I don't need A LOT of power, since with he 4.78 gearing i doubt i can put down more than 200 hp anyway.

a few other questions:

1. I currently i have a 12a engine that is in good operating condition. If i wanted to step up to the 13b as described above, would i only need to order a different lower manifold and re-tune? I want to ensure there is some flexibility.

2. Also, assuming a stock 12a engine, when would i start to see positive pressure and when would i see full operating pressure? Granted i am at a high altitude, but i can rationalize the information.

3. as for the intake to the supercharger, i see there is a weber adapter. Is it included in the kit? If not, what is the extra cost associated with it? I plan on running a weber style EFI throttle body and a MS2 for fuel control.

4. is the supercharger safe to use E-85 with if the injectors are upstream? Or should i save that concept til i have port injection with the 13b?

Last edited by Whizbang; 10-10-2008 at 02:56 PM..
Old 10-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
Atkins Dan
Premium Vendor

Atkins Dan is on a distinguished road

Low Impedance
PM me your Phone # and I will call you on this on as I sometimes don't tipe worth a damn and I am not verry good at writing books for 3-4 answers...

Dan

88 B2200 rotary powered with a 7inch Camden SuperCharger !RIP! Jan/4/2007

2001 626 5-speed 80k on the clock all stock {Truck replacement}

2005 MAZDA6 V6 WAGON now that is a pimping ride all stock for the moment.. Paid off

WWW.AtkinsRotary.com
Atkins Dan is offline   Reply With Quote