Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92)

RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92) RX-7 1986-92 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough
Default Oem Electrical Connectors

Anyone have any sources for a place that sells OEM style electrical connectors? For instance: Crimp pieces for BAC, TPS, Water Temp, etc.

vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

Eastern Beaver may.
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

I tried hunting through their website, but I'm not seeing any of the one's I'm looking for (might have found the TPS). Is there someplace specific on there you are thinking of?

Last edited by vex; 02-28-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

No, I haven't looked through the page much. It was just referenced for me by a couple people. I plan on either using Metripacks or cutting off the stock connectors and butt connecting them to the wiring.
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
88turboii
destroy, rebuild, repeat

88turboii is on a distinguished road

i dont have any part numbers, but you could try poking around these:

http://www.mouser.com/Interconnects/...ors/_/N-1ehb5/
http://www.alliedelec.com/connectors/

btw, does anybody have a part number or source for stock ecu connectors?
88turboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
rx7 FC TII
Rotary Fanatic

rx7 FC TII is on a distinguished road

try blackdragonauto.com

they might have the connectors.

Today, my girlfriend was about to give me a blowjob. When her lips met my penis, there was a huge static shock. I never got the blowjob, she is still laughing and I have ice on my penis. FML
rx7 FC TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

looks like they don't have FC parts anymore:
http://www.blackdragonauto.com/carcatalog.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
Howru
Louvers!

Howru is on a distinguished road

I got a set at Vintage Connections. The 4 and 6 pin connectors work, but on the 2-pin and 3-pin T connectors the retaining tang on the pin is positioned differently. They work, but need a bit of force to get them locked together.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

The only one you REALLY need is the BAC there T. The others are the same as some aftermkt Bosch units. The BAC connector is the only one that I raped from a factory harness and butt connected to the harness. Not happy about it but whatever. The other sensors you should be swapping out anyway.

The other option is to get some small Fast-on terminals, drop a bit of solder on the pins, and then fill the void with epoxy and add a 2-pin deutsch or metripak connector.

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

More work than I'm willing to do. As it currently stands TTT; I'm having to retain my craptacular intake manifold (no new goodness for me), which means my TPS and BAC valve are being kept until I have the funds, time, and means to build the new intake manifold with the LS TB.

The water temp sensor I thought I could keep stock and be okay with? I'll be re-doing a lot of sensors including a Fuel Pressure sensor (I know you like it), air temperature sensor, new oil pressure sensor, and a 3 bar GM sensor so I can grow with the boost (I'm also picking up a boost control solenoid).

As others have mentioned, my biggest concern is sourcing a BAC connector, mine has seen better days.

Last edited by vex; 03-01-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #11
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
More work than I'm willing to do. As it currently stands TTT; I'm having to retain my craptacular intake manifold (no new goodness for me), which means my TPS and BAC valve are being kept until I have the funds, time, and means to build the new intake manifold with the LS TB.
What's more work? soldering and epoxing in a few wires?

You should be able to find a connector kit for the TPS... call Motec?

Quote:
The water temp sensor I thought I could keep stock and be okay with? I'll be re-doing a lot of sensors including a Fuel Pressure sensor (I know you like it), air temperature sensor, new oil pressure sensor, and a 3 bar GM sensor so I can grow with the boost (I'm also picking up a boost control solenoid).
You might be able to keep the stock coolant temp sensor, but why? They can be had with a connector kit for $38?

Quote:
As others have mentioned, my biggest concern is sourcing a BAC connector, mine has seen better days.
I was never able to find a replacement socket and terminals for the BAC. Only option is either the teminal/epoxy route or rape a connector from a different harness.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
What's more work? soldering and epoxing in a few wires?
Epoxying yes. Soldering not so much. I think I might honestly just clip my BAC connector from my factory harness, solder it on the Haltech harness (I know, I know, but I'm planning on replacing the BAC eventually anyways so I'd just be wasting a crimp if I did it that way--in fact I may do that for a majority of the sensors I have to use).
Quote:
You should be able to find a connector kit for the TPS... call Motec?
Would have to be rather inexpensive as I'm already planning on trashing it once the above criteria is met.

Quote:
You might be able to keep the stock coolant temp sensor, but why? They can be had with a connector kit for $38?
Maybe when I upgrade the intake manifold I'll spend the extra $38 bucks. It just seems kind of pointless right now.

Quote:
I was never able to find a replacement socket and terminals for the BAC. Only option is either the teminal/epoxy route or rape a connector from a different harness.
That sucks. Not even Motec sells 'em?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
Rotary Evolution
rotaryevolution.net

Rotary Evolution is on a distinguished road

eastern beaver only really has old style connectors like the ACV connectors and many found on 1st gens.

these connectors will work for 86-88 injectors(88 high impedence injectors you have to cut the locating lug off of the injector as well as the water thermosensor lug to make them fit properly):

airtex - 1p1000
GP sorenson - 800-9213
BWD(Borg Warner) - 27427

for the BAC valve you can use an S5 injector style clips found here:
http://kgparts.com/index.php?page=kgfuel
ND-IC, 3/4 down the page

for double sided connectors like the two 2 pin ACV connectors, it's easier just to go the the wrecking yards and pick up 2 and 3 pin connectors and cut off both sides and replace the whole thing(doesn't matter what connector you use or what car you got it from but i personally prefer the metri-pak connectors found on later model GM vehicles which are also readily available at connector stores).

and for reference, i have found that supra's of the same year range use many of the same tyco connectors as the later model RX7 such as S5 and S6 use. unfortunately they usually aren't in much better shape but they are easier to find in wrecking yards.

problem with the stock connectors is that many manufacturers require rediculously large orders who actually do have OEM connectors still for these harnesses.

i have spent a bit of time researching the connectors but with little success, you can also find some good info for later models RX7s in my thread here:
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ock+connectors

Last edited by Rotary Evolution; 03-01-2011 at 02:23 PM..
Rotary Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #14
JustJeff
RCC Contributor

JustJeff is on a distinguished road

I'm rebuilding my harness. I was thinking ahead and snipped the water thermo plug (Green rectangular two pin one on the back of the water pump) from a junkyard. That plug is in awesome shape.

My CAS plug is horrible. But I believe I can buy the male terminal pins locally.

Probably going to rebuild my TPS. IIRC the actual male/female plugs are good. But being a N/A harness converted for a turbo swap, the wires were extended and while it's out I want to make sure the patch is in good shape.
JustJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

If you're not running the factory ECU, just replace the coolant sensor and get a Bosch termination kit.

TPS, same thing. I was able to find a Bosch (I think) connector that plugged right in, NEW pins.

CAS, get a deutsch connector and be done with it.

1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil