Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section..

Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section.. Tech section for general Rotary Engine... This includes, building 12As, 13Bs, 20Bs, Renesis, etc...

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
IH8DSM
RCC Contributor

IH8DSM is on a distinguished road
Default what motor should i build

Ok right now i have a 6 port in my fb with the racing beat carb set up, gutted cat stock exhaust, emissions removed, and 5th and 6th port sleeves removed.My motors completely stock still got the exhaust baffles in it and no port work.

Now onto the fun part im wanting to build a new more powerful motor for it.

Requirements:
I want it to idle, be semi streetable, good throttle response, mid to high rpm range, basiclly a good motor for auto-x, drag racing, or spirited driving.

I can get my hands on pretty much any engine combination just need a idea of what motor i need to build to take advantage of this carb and my heavy foot.

85 rx7 gsl-se - AA tags/ never ending project will never run
IH8DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
alexyjay
The Newbie

alexyjay is on a distinguished road

a nice street port, that what way you have no limits. just get the best parts that you can get your hands on.
alexyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
IH8DSM
RCC Contributor

IH8DSM is on a distinguished road

charles is talking about a 4pt turbo motor with high compression rotors, and a street port gonna check on that some, also gonna look through the templates he has and see what i can find

85 rx7 gsl-se - AA tags/ never ending project will never run
IH8DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough

build yourself a good streetport on a 13b FOUR port engine. (as mentioned above)
Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
jimmys79rx
The Newbie

jimmys79rx is on a distinguished road
Default 13b 4 port

i have 13b housings from gsl-se, and 12a irons with holley four barrel and i love it, that motor has so much power for not being ported, i have the parts to build another one, and i think i want to put a mild port on it i have just never ported one before, but yes if i were you 4 ports on a 13b is great
jimmys79rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
NoDOHC
The quest for more torque

NoDOHC will become famous soon enough

4-port FTW! 6-ports have far too late of intake port closing when the 6-PI is active.

Quote:
build yourself a good streetport on a 13b FOUR port engine. (as mentioned above)
I couldn't agree more, just be careful who's street port you use for your 4-port. Most street ports extend the intake port upward, which is equivalent to delaying the close on the intake valve. There is no benefit to be had with a late intake valve close (it decreases dynamic compression ratio). This technique does not even make as much torque as a cleaned up stock port when naturally aspirated (although it does allow more boost in turbo form).

You can extend the port upward, but make sure that the port still closes when the stock port does (don't change the port timing).

Actually I am intending to do another build using Renesis rotors and a lot of devcon, to see if I can get an earlier Intake port opening and an earlier intake port closing (which should give 10% more torque that I am making).

Last edited by NoDOHC; 10-06-2009 at 07:06 PM..
NoDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote