Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Multimedia > Videos, Photos, Manuals, > Old School Rotaries

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Rotarydave
Rotary Nut Case

Rotarydave is on a distinguished road
Default Rx2 Race Car

I picked up this POS in trade for a set of Rx2 tail-lights, I have no log books from it, I knew nothing of it's history was it a winner was it a special factory built car, after all if you look at the cage and ft engine bay that is some heavy duty tube work. None of the factory drivers or builders could place it. I went to Austin Texas to look at an R100 that was on ebay (i ended up buying it) and started talking about this car only to find out the guy I was talking to built it. Dave Johnson. It doesn't look like much right now because I am not done collecting parts for it. We will "restore" this car, why is that in quotes because we will actually be making it better than Dave ever had it all those MFR goodies he wanted to run we will be. It did not have a significant race history so we will be making it a competitive vintage racer.

Rotarydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

Dave, you're officially the honorary old-school collector....I've neer seen so many old rotaries. THanks for posting.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Rotarydave
Rotary Nut Case

Rotarydave is on a distinguished road

just a update on this thread. Thanks to a fellow rotorhead from Sweden I have now met Hector the last driver of record on the car. Fredrik my friend from Sweden bought the MFR tranny from this car and asked me to store it for him, not knowing we had the car. Hector contacted us found out we owned the car, came and saw it and brought us a ton of original parts for the car. We now know alot more of the history on the car including why the ft chassis looks the way it does. Hector use to work with a Trans-AM team and was able to use their chassis developement to rebuild the damaged front end and relocate weight. All in all it was an awesome day and I look forward to being able to work on this car in the next year or so.
Rotarydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
sen2two
KTEC

sen2two is on a distinguished road

damn... that's cool.
93 Touring: TRADED - 91 Coupe: TRADED - 90 GTU: RHD - 88 10AE: SOLD - 87 Base: SOLD - 86 Base: SOLD - 1985 GSLSE - 85 Gsl: SOLD - 80 Gs: TRADED - 1972 Rx2
sen2two is offline   Reply With Quote