Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Extreme

Rotary Extreme www.rotaryextreme.com (CA) Rotary Extreme is back, still offering the same high quality products

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

rotaryextreme is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Everyone!!!

A brief intro duction to who I am:

From fan to management:

My name is Ben Meeker Sr.

I have been a good friend of Chuck for a long time now and I was sad to see the shop close. I was even sadder to see my friend leave the country. But thankfully for technology, email and the internet I was able to stay in touch with him.

Well, I have worked out a deal with Chuck. I am bringing Rotary Extreme back. It will be web based for now; however we have a shop to help with installations of bolt-ons, bodykits and paint. I will also be referring all engine rebuilds to Ivan of Sunnyvale. We all know him by the guy with the black FD in his living room with only 300 miles on it!!!!!!

So here I am; a rotary fan in training to become a rotary guru. I can not think of a better way to be apart of the rotary community then this.

I will follow Chuck’s example to the best of my ability (while working graveyard at my normal job and going to school in the mornings) and through time I plan to bring Rotary Extreme back to where it once was.

Thank you all very much for supporting Rotary Extreme.

Ben Meeker Sr.
The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power.--- Jalopnik www.rotaryextreme.com, after more then a 2 year break, Rotary Extreme Re-opens 9/11/08.
rotaryextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

OK, now for business. All of the Rotary Extreme products are made to order at this time. Please feel free to call me with any questions about anything. I would like to mention that during this time of transition of the business from Chuck to me things may be a little slow. But I want everyone to know that the parts are made by the same people as before so there will be no sacrifice in quality and craftsmenship.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ben
The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power.--- Jalopnik www.rotaryextreme.com, after more then a 2 year break, Rotary Extreme Re-opens 9/11/08.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

How do you plan on advertizing in the Bay Area? I'm pretty sure not too many people knew/know RotaryExtreme was local. I know I didn't.

I don't really need anything but I'd be more than happy to get the word out and help you out a bit.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Brent
Sua Sponte

Brent is on a distinguished road

Good to see Rotary Extreme back!
Road Atlanta August 2011 NASA TT 1:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFY00PAK_Ps
Traqmate's video of my car from the 2011 UTCC at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zcn6...layer_embedded
Video of Yellow LS1 FD at NASA TT at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6k0lJkcwrM
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #5
cabaynes
Rotary Fan in Training

cabaynes is on a distinguished road

This may be a harsh questions, but I have first hand experience with some of Rotary Extreme's old body kit components and how they fit (or did not fit)... Will you be making efforts to improve the molds that the parts were previously made off of? The old rotaryextreme body parts do not have the best reputation in the rotary world. However, the rest of his business which consisted of importing rare parts from japan, was great. Do you plan on continuing with that part?

When will the website be back up, and what parts do you plan on offering?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Cbaynes,

I am not dealing with any bodykits right now. The website is up and I am just selling the usual aftermarket goodies from companies like blitz, sard, apexi...... also I'm selling most of rotary extremes customs fabricated parts like the v-mount, oil cooler kit, fuel system upgrade...

Thank you, Ben
Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #7
Brent
Sua Sponte

Brent is on a distinguished road

I have 2 of the 99spec plateless bumpers and the RE-A street diffuser(or whatever it is called) from Rotary Extreme. The fitment is not as good as OEM(I have 2 OEM 99 spec bumpers as well) but it isn't that bad either. Any body shop should be able to get it to fit with the same gaps/lines as a stock bumper. I remember Chuck saying that in order to get a better mold for 99spec plateless bumper, it was going to cost something ridiculous like $18,000. From what I have seen, all of the places that sell the 99spec plateless bumper get it from the same manufacturer/mold. In regards to the diffuser, it is pretty much spot on with the RE-A original.
Road Atlanta August 2011 NASA TT 1:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFY00PAK_Ps
Traqmate's video of my car from the 2011 UTCC at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zcn6...layer_embedded
Video of Yellow LS1 FD at NASA TT at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6k0lJkcwrM
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #8
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Here is a cat-back exhaust we made for the RX-8. I'm sure there is no other like it.

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=157076
Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #9
fikren
Rotary Fanatic

fikren is on a distinguished road

I wish you all the best Ben. If you can maintain the product and service that Chuck did things should go well with you. Hard set of shoes to fill though Chuck was definatly one of the absolute best to deal with and everything he had was top notch. Glad to see someone is attempting to pick up where he left off. If it wasn't for chuck I would never have gotten any of my magazines from my paid subscription to that ::ahem:: one magazine. (he threw a couple of issues in with one of my orders)

2008 40th Anniversary Edition RX-8 - bankruptcy owned me
RE-Amemiya Super Dolphin Tail Exhaust-for sale
AutoExe Front and Rear Strut Bars-for sale
AutoExe Member Brace Set-for sale
2008 Honda CBR600RR - bankruptcy owned me
Motivation axle/fork/barend/frame sliders
ASV "unbreakable" shorty levers
Tripage Integrated Tailight and Adj FE
Proton Fushmounts
Akrapovic Hex Carbon/TI Slip On
Sato Rearsets
fikren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:35 AM   #10
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

Thank you Fikren, the products are the same. Same cnc guy and same fabricator. Chuck did this full time, I have a normal job, go to school too. It's over whelming. The down side is that I don't carry any stock items so stuff is made on order. Before it took a while for the first few kits, but after I got them together things should go smoother now.

Chuck is a good friend, I respect him and I am Thankful he sold me the business and gave me the oportunity to offer his products again.

As for the RX8, im going the supercharger route. I hope for it to be done in 2010. I have to finish some stuff for the FD and FC first.

The kit I'm makling for my RX8 is not being made for the sole purpose of daily drivers. I'm making it for myself and if someone else want's the same things then thats cool. Hopefully all works well and it will be added to that famous dyno comparison chart for the 8's.

Ben