Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Introduction > Introduce yourself!!

Introduce yourself!! Tell me something about you and your history with rotary..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
nonturdbo
n/a is gay

nonturdbo is on a distinguished road
Default new to mazdas and rotories

Hey guys im new to this site, rotories, and mazda. Im not new to cars i got a 86 rx-7 n/a by trading my 89 Honda crx turbo. any ways have some questions for you all i really dont know were to start with this car it being completely new to me and everything. it does not run and i think it is spark related. im not getting spark from my leading or trailing coils when i goto start the car. on another website i frequent (homemadeturbo.com) i was told maybe the air flow meter was bad. well today i went out and tested it for resistance like the factory manual stated. everything check out within specs. what im really wondering is there any common problems for this year mazda to cause it to not to spark, and maybe is the airflow meter bad even though it checked out durring my tests. any help will be greatly appreciated

nonturdbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
3rd and final 7
Rotary Fan in Training

3rd and final 7 is on a distinguished road

nice looking, im glad you got id of that honda. as far as your starting issue goes im going to attach a pic of the wiring diagram, the coils are feed from your battery which feeds from your battery to a black box with big fuses in it its about 5 inches long and it will have writing on it i would check there, after the 12 volts leaves the fuse it goes through the main relay and then to the coil. you also get signal from the ignition.

i would also go to the 2nd gen section to get somemore insite on this as the only experence that i have on 2nd gens is from swap and 88 motor in to my 1st gen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00286.jpg (129.6 KB, 3 views)
3rd and final 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
nonturdbo
n/a is gay

nonturdbo is on a distinguished road

hey man thanks for that diagram alot better than the one i found. but seriously i miss the crx but i wanted more of a daily driver and this thing is near perfect except the radio surround is broken were it meets the ash tray.
nonturdbo is offline   Reply With Quote