Go Back   Rotary Car Club > REGIONAL FORUM > Northeast RCC forum

Northeast RCC forum Serving ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, MD, VA

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

Feedthafire is on a distinguished road
Default East Coast RX7 Owners Facebook

Hello, a few months back i created a group on Facebook East Coast RX7 Owners. We are roughly over 100 members, so if you are anywhere on the East Coast and you have a RX7 add it! We are treating it like a lounge, having fun, finding locals and new meets in your area some people even post parts forsale. But its mostly a big lounge, A few of our members have even been featured in mags so come show off your car and talk about your car and show every one your new build, it is a very friendly environment!!! Thanks Guys!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

Is this a group for younger people, or older people like me that don't have time to dedicate to a car club but still stops by on occasion? I've left the club meets (read: fun if you have the energy for it) years behind long ago

I'm not one for burn outs, showing off, etc (i think i'm showing my age with me post). Just an old man with an FB that occasionally makes it to a road course
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

REDR1, jump in man. Doesnt seem to be any super young people on there, but no age requirement, just if some one starts acting up we kick em out so we have had no trouble wide variety of people from all other. Its very chill, check it out if its not your cup of tea then just unjoin man no hard feelings.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

That guy Jay in the picture i posted seems to be older i think hes in his upper 30's i know hes 3 years from retiment in the Navy and hes awesome thats him showing off his LSX build.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

I'll give it a go tonight. I just don't want to join, then unjoin and seem like "that guy" thats why I asked first

Cars aside, If i ever meet him, i'll have to buy him a beer for his service to the country :salute: Anyone can be a citizen, not everyone can be a soldier.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

REDR1 haha thanks man i appreciate it means a lot. Dude i dont get hurt or judge people not everything is meant for every one and i am very understanding ( have to be in military) anyways I cant check FB right now got deployed for a few days and cant check it on our computers but you will see its not bad or immature. Thanks A lot and spread the word if you like it and pass to your friends. Lucky i have seen some good parts get posted for decent prices locally thanks to that group, and made some local rx7 friends its very nice.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

I've tuned that FD.... is this you Chris?

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
Old 06-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
Pete_89T2
Lifetime Rotorhead

Pete_89T2 is on a distinguished road

I'd consider joining but I absolutely HATE Facebook. I'm also an older dude, and at 51, eons older than RedR1 Maybe that's why I hate Facebook so much.

Anyway, have you guys heard of Meetup.com? I was thinking of starting up a Rotary owner's & driver's club on there. I'm on a couple of local car clubs on there that are non-marque specific. These are basically folks with sports cars that get together for local spirited drives, road trips and other auto related get togethers.

Nice thing about Meetup is you get all the good features of a social networking site without having to throw away your privacy or get inundated with "friend requests" from people you don't know or want to know like you do on FB. Down side is whoever creates a meetup group has to pay a yearly fee for the site, but it's cheap, and costs are easily recovered by charging group members a few bucks each per year, assuming you have at least a dozen or so members or more. Otherwise, meetup.com is free to use.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
RXtacy
Rotary Fanatic

RXtacy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_89T2 View Post
I'd consider joining but I absolutely HATE Facebook. I'm also an older dude, and at 51, eons older than RedR1 Maybe that's why I hate Facebook so much.
Don't feel too bad. Brian's working hard to try and catch up to you
04 RX-8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
but I'm getting old
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love pop-up lights View Post
It allows me to secks them before they're cool
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

HAHA the privacy facebook has to offer drives me crazy i hate it. But being in the military and constantly deploying its just to easy to keep up with family. ANyways thanks for checking out guys already got a few new members we are getting up there. I have seen this meetup site but ive been in and out of several countries s i havnt taken it seriously.

If any of you guys are in VA theres a thing called Cars and Coffee find that. Has crazy exotics and normal cars, very awesome meet i think its once a month. I havnt been in a while since deployment but its one of the best meets ive ever seen.

Sheesh i got a guy giving me more drama on here than on FB so as for me right now FB and 7 club are my best friend, this member is scaring me off this site and ive been in and out the rotary game 7+ years.

Hope to keep up with yoou guys!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

TitaniumTT, who are you refering to>
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
one320fc
one Apex @ a time

one320fc is on a distinguished road

I just hit the join button..
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

one320FC, cool man your not far from me at all. I got deployed for a few days so hpefully Mike aill add you since i cant use facebook for a couple of days. If not i will when i get back. Ive seen a couple atv's and 3 wheelers in culpeper ive considered... maybe we can get you out at some car meets??
Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
chibikougan
⊙⊙

chibikougan will become famous soon enough

Breh breh dude breh

Last edited by chibikougan; 08-24-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #15
Feedthafire
Rotary Fan in Training

OMG, please dont bring your drama here. People can see your harrasment for no reason and make there own determination about you. I am being kind to you, you are trolling me all over, this place this is unreal! Any more you will be reported to the Mods. As stated before if you have a problem with me, be a man PM me dont try to insult me infront of thousands like a kid, Please and Thank you. You are the only one any where that has negative things to say about me. Please be gone you dont belong here either.
Closed Thread