Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
MidnightOwl
BAND. You got talent.

MidnightOwl is on a distinguished road
Default My TII Vert!

Hello everyone! My name is Dave, and this is my ongoing TII project I started 3 damn years ago. This car started out as a 88 vert I bought on the cheap from some guy locally. I paid $2000 for the car in 2004, drove the car for a year and a half and decided that it needed a Turbo II swap. The car had bad paint, but was otherwise clean and ran perfectly. For whatever reason, I decided to be an idiot and dive into a TII swap.

This is the car, the day I bought it. It had been repainted on the passenger side due to a fender bender, so now the paint has spidered and basically looks like ass. But for a 20 year old kid, I was pumped. The car did have all the center caps, but I have no idea why I took them off for these pictures.

About a year and a half later, I found this at Mazmart, which is a Mazda specialty junkyard near my house. I used to have a bunch more pictures of it, but my digital camera bit the dust, and all of the shots were on there. It just had rear damage, but everything else was untouched. The motor fired up and RAN, which is why I bought it, but I decided to err on the side of caution and get it rebuilt. Kevin Landers did the rebuild, and it turned out the rear rotor housing was toast due to a broken apex seal. Bummer!

I had several more shots of the engine going in, and other things of that nature, but camera, broken, no pics. Sorry!

Here are some shots as it sits now. The turbo is out of the car, so the engine bay is in a state of disarray.

Here's a good example of how bad the spidered paint is.

This is a dash kit that I found at my old job. It's a metal dash kit for a single din radio, which I cut out to fit my boost controller and turbo timer:

I recovered my door panels out of boredom when I worked at Circuit City (I used to install stereos). The first one was covered in vinyl/leather, and the bottom portion covered in box carpet for subwoofers. The second one has carpet in the center section, and the bottom was spray painted just to see what it would look like. I think I am going to recover both door panel center sections in carpet.

This is the S5 turbo I recently purchased, along with a BOV I got on eBay last year (a real HKS one, not the knock off). My S4 unit was shot, so I decided to upgrade a little bit. I am still in school and not working at the moment, so I can't afford a turbo upgrade.
MidnightOwl is offline   Reply With Quote