Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Diagnostics Systems

Rotary Diagnostics Systems Our Rotary-engine Compression Testers combine off-the-shelf hardware and software to create a reliable system that can be used to obtain accurate engine compression measurements from a rotary engine. www.rotarydiagnostics.com P.O. Box 524 Mont Alto. PA 17222 (717) 352-7096

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

RotaryDiagnostics is on a distinguished road
Default Dramatic price drops

Hey guys and gals, an increase in competition has forced us to make significant reductions in prices of our compression tester systems. Check out the new pricing. This may be your last chance to get one of these systems. If sales do not improve soon we will be shutting our doors for good.

http://rotarydiagnostics.com/pricing%20combined.htm.
RotaryDiagnostics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

I hope business picks up for you. There are too few making products for our cars as it is.

It would figure that if I finally get enough money available to purchase one of these systems, they will no longer be available.

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.
GySgtFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Thanks for the good wishes!

Unfortunately, it is difficult to make a reasonable profit from rotary products because of the relatively small customer base of rotary-engine enthusiasts. And when competition comes into the picture, any businesses "piece of the pie" can be cut. Guess it's the way a free market economy works.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

FC Zach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryDiagnostics View Post
Thanks for the good wishes!

Unfortunately, it is difficult to make a reasonable profit from rotary products because of the relatively small customer base of rotary-engine enthusiasts. And when competition comes into the picture, any businesses "piece of the pie" can be cut. Guess it's the way a free market economy works.
That and people want to save as much as they can, like here for example. . guy on the RE5 forum made his own.
http://re5rotary.proboards.com/threa...mpression-test

I linked your store on the 2nd page.
1979 Yamaha G1, KM24 powered
1975 Dolmar KMS4
FC Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

FC Zach is on a distinguished road

I've wanted to buy one of these for myself, and for some time but not being a mechanic and only using my compression tester a few times, , this was never an economical purchase for me. . . Maybe one day, if these are still available but in my honest opinion, these are too expensive for the everyday hobbyist. I'm looking to spend no more than a hundred bucks. Making my own may be in my best interest. .
1979 Yamaha G1, KM24 powered
1975 Dolmar KMS4
FC Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Zach View Post
That and people want to save as much as they can, like here for example. . guy on the RE5 forum made his own.
http://re5rotary.proboards.com/threa...mpression-test
Yes, you can build one of these things yourself, but we offer a complete PNP system along with a detailed user manual and a support mechanism.

FYI-Our first systems back in '06 used the hose in a similar arrangement to the re5 thread. However, we quickly went to our current system when we discovered that the internal volume of the hose affected the accuracy of the results. The duration of the compression pulse of the rotary is so short that the volume of the free space in front of the pressure transducer was not fully pressurized within the hose during the pulse.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Quote:
I've wanted to buy one of these for myself, and for some time but not being a mechanic and only using my compression tester a few times, , this was never an economical purchase for me. . . Maybe one day, if these are still available but in my honest opinion, these are too expensive for the everyday hobbyist. I'm looking to spend no more than a hundred bucks. Making my own may be in my best interest.
You will be hard pressed to even find a quality pressure transducer for that amount. Pressure transducers with suitable parameters are not generally widely-available, as on the shelf items. Is it possible to find one? Yes, if you look long enough. Ours are built to our specifications and the unit cost is more than one hundred dollars even when purchased in volume.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #8
RETed
RCC Addict

RETed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That and people want to save as much as they can, like here for example. .
And that's one of the bigger problems...

Most of the hardcore rotary guys are tinkerers with a little bit more mechanical inclination.
Most of us aren't riceboys or buy our cars just to look good.

MAP sensors are getting cheaper and cheaper every day...
μP's are getting more prolific - check out any of the Ardruino stuff out there.
Most have the skills to build their own systems.

Then you got the cheap-asses who get away with a basic compression gauge...

You're right - trying to make money off the rotary crowd is too small.
Either you have a niche product that costs a LOT, or you *TRY* and make slim profits off of little stuffs.

Until another TURBO rotary sports car comes out, the sales are limited.

-Ted
http://fc3spro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
because you're only as good as your backup
RETed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #9
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

I've always used the best products out there and some of the shit on the 'market' is simply a reflection of the customer base, be that dog shit apex seals for $300 or nintendo game boy compression gauges powered by portable dildo batteries !

When my OG unit dies I would consider ones like this (if still around)..

This is the one I currently use, been with me for 10+ years and its great! corrects to cranking speed and can log too if you need it, switch units on the fly and works on piston engines as well with long reach sensor to get inside twin cam heads.

RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 PM   #10
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

I bought one of the 4 rotor compatible models about a year ago and have yet to use it, but I wanted to have one that I could use on all the cars in the area, even if I don't have a shop. I still need to get two more acquisition units to actually do a four rotor though.

Last edited by speedjunkie; 10-30-2015 at 11:31 PM..
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote