Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Carburetors and Carb Tuning..

Carburetors and Carb Tuning.. All info about old school carb set ups..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
sen2two
KTEC

sen2two is on a distinguished road
Default 44 idf weber

I been looking at a few 44 idf webers for my streetported 12a. Its a street car, and I drive it daily. I have a holley 600 on it right now, but it's just to big of a carb. So i wanted to switch it out.

I have been told the idf carbs are better for street and drivability and the ida's are more for racing. is this true?

Also, if i ever wanted to build my 12a and do a bridge, would the 44 idf be able to handle it? or would it choke the motor?

93 Touring: TRADED - 91 Coupe: TRADED - 90 GTU: RHD - 88 10AE: SOLD - 87 Base: SOLD - 86 Base: SOLD - 1985 GSLSE - 85 Gsl: SOLD - 80 Gs: TRADED - 1972 Rx2
sen2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
t_g_farrell
Waffles - hmmm good

t_g_farrell is on a distinguished road

The IDFs have a provision for a choke, not sure if its manual or electric.

The 44 may not be enough for a bridge but I'm sure its good for a stock or
SP 12a.

Project Fat Nikki Budget 12A rebuild Video setup < $30.00
t_g_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

Buggy is on a distinguished road

The 44 IDF should feed a stock or streetport 12A no problem. I have a 48 IDF on my halfbridge and it is choking the engine out. The IDF is a nice carburetor for just street driving purposes and possilby light race use. They do have a choke provision but that can easily be stripped out and a block off plate made or bought for it. Mine is very smooth even on the halfbridge. Car idles at 1000rpm and is smooth all the way through the power band.

Food for thought... There are dual IDF intakes out there for the 13B. You could buy another 44 and run a twin 44 IDF setup for the future.
Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote