Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Recycle USA

Rotary Recycle USA www.Rotaryrecycle.com - Parts, service and technical assistance specializing in the Suzuki Re5 and Hercules W-2000 rotary motorcycle.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

FC Zach is on a distinguished road
Default Café Hercules Build

We have finally decided to start on a cafe W2000 and we hope to have it completed for the DGRR.

The first major purchase was the Ducati 360 tank, it actually fits the bike quite well. Notice the tail mock up and the seat pan we had just started on.

After we came to a stopping point on the pan we then started on the tail section. It was a PITA building the "mold" (whatever you call it), it literally took hours to get this thing right and it fought the whole way.

Once we got a good and sturdy platform to form metal against we started torching the alloy and forming a shape. Here's our rough draft for today, hopefully we'll have it trimmed, smoothed, and ready for welding to the pan next week.

Here's a view of the pan showing how snug it is against the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20110129120802.jpg (131.5 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 20110130152450.jpg (139.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 20110213162044.jpg (140.4 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 20110213162101.jpg (138.9 KB, 132 views)
1979 Yamaha G1, KM24 powered
1975 Dolmar KMS4

Last edited by FC Zach; 02-14-2011 at 01:21 AM..
FC Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
Garfinkles Motor Works
RCC Contributor

Garfinkles Motor Works is on a distinguished road

My kind of stuff as you know . the pan needs to not fit as well to the frame IF you are going to cover the seat with materal or leather as the fabric will need to tuck under the pan to be glued or rivited .I have some clipon handlebars that Paul Rotorbrain carried off with the three rd 350s I sold him .The bars were to be returned ,see if he still has them and will send them .Are you making rearsets as well .
Garfinkles Motor Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

We're not completely wrapping the pan, just going to have a little pad. We have decided to make our own bars now that we have a pair of Baileigh tubing benders to play with . I initially proposed the idea of using clip-ons but the top triple-tree will be weakened severely after the two post are removed since the unit isn't solid. If time permits we will fab up some rear sets, we just need to get the heim joints and geometry right.

I talk to Tigert on occasion since his father lives in the neighborhood. Next time he visits I'll ask him for you.
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

Nice work. I'd expect nothing less from the premier rotary bike shop in the world.
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
IH8DSM
RCC Contributor

IH8DSM is on a distinguished road

Agree with the dancing queen it's gonna be awesome. You and Jess thought up colors yet zach?

85 rx7 gsl-se - AA tags/ never ending project will never run
IH8DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
ChaserAero
www.aerokits.net

ChaserAero is on a distinguished road

This is awesome. Keep it up.

Chaser Aerodynamics, LLC
Please visit our website!!
Use coupon code: JB1013 to save 10% on your web order!
(866) 360-KITS (5487) ext: 107
ChaserAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

LOL (dancing Queen!), yeah Adler, pretty much as you see it. The tank is an NOS unit and we thought would be a shame to deface it. The custom tail we'll have to decide when finished, leaning towards polished/brushed alloy. Keep in mind that this is just a mock-up frame and that the actual frame will be painted but again were unsure as to what color we'll be going with. We're retaining the spoked wheels but with SS spokes and there is a possibility of painting/powder-coating the rims. Still brainstorming
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #9
Garfinkles Motor Works
RCC Contributor

Are you going to put a removable plate and pad for you rear to push against? remove the pad and there is storage for gloves paper work small tools spark plugs ,extra oil . What is the exhast system like?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #10
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

David, its funny you mention that. We were actually talkin about doing that Sun. before we left. We're going to box it in to prevent road debris from denting the aluminum and figured while at it, why not install a little trap door?!? As far as the exhaust goes, I think Jess has a pretty good idea of using a tunable muffler design like the SuperTrapp, and angled up high instead of straight back like originally.
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #11
Garfinkles Motor Works
RCC Contributor

Good deal. I am painting the BMW K1 now ( about time ) are you painting the frame and other parts after all the work is complete . What colors ? I have some rear sets for the Kawe if you need to see them for ideas let me know . How much stuff needs to be hidden away such as a battery and electrical parts ,2 cycle oil tank , tools , Are you raking the frame alittle for better high speed handleing,lowering the bike to handle better.Making the swingarm parallel to the ground .lighting the wheel hubs ,stronger SS spokes, lighter alum rims sticky dual compound tires . Small front fairing . frame sliders.alum body side covers , ram air air filter How much fun are you allowed to have?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #12
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

LOL, you've been about to paint that BMW for years, it's about time! We're going to paint the frame (probably rattle can and just a basic color like black). As far as hiding stuff goes. . . well, were pretty much deleting things such as the battery, unnecessary wiring, and switches. It'll be kick-start only if we can get a better designed and higher quality kick-starter made then we can delete the starter and block it off. I presume we'll be premixing since oil injected models are extremely rare. As far as frame modifications go, it's all about how much time we have. We were debating doing a leaf spring rear (pretty sweet), but that'll have to wait. So instead were going with a higher quality coil over in the rear (slightly lowered) and retaining the Grimeca forks up front. The only input I have on the wheels is that they will be spoked and with SS. The biggest problem we have is time, we will get done what we can and save the more in depth modification for a later date.
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
RotaryRecycle
Rotary Recycle

RotaryRecycle is on a distinguished road

David,

You would know what it looked like if you actually came to visit... I know it's one HELL of a long drive... but hey

Best,

Jess
Tullahoma, TN. 37388
www.RotaryRecycle.com
RotaryRecycle@gmail.com
RotaryRecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #14
Garfinkles Motor Works
RCC Contributor

I will come there after I get some more of the BMW parts done .Song and I go to Telle to eat some times .I will call first .
Old 02-18-2011, 02:05 AM   #15
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

Hey David, when you drop by and if you remember could you bring the Suspension Techniques papers you reminded me about since I kept forgetting to remind you at the drive-in shows?
1975 Dolmar KMS4