Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #61
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

^Haha I always thought that turbo support was an engine torque brace when looking at other pics LOL.

I thought Mazdabater's welds looked pretty good, a lot better than I could have done. Then again I don't know jack about welding...not yet anyway lol.

speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #62
Mazdabater
FC3S

Mazdabater is on a distinguished road

So it's been a while since I sent an update. My engine is paid for and should be back in about 2 weeks, he needed some bits off my old block which I was un aware of. Seems the REW is going to run the s5 sump and front cover.

Also it now has been bridgeported! In light of this and the fact my turbos chinese, I'm looking at going big on the turbo. Like Borg Warner s400-80 big for those that read my other post.

Was also discussing selling my W2A to get a thinner one as to avoid modifying the support. But I gave the local automotive engineer a call who also happens to race an FC on the weekends. It seems I am going to modifying this too, as he seemed to not be too phased about me doing it. All is waiting on the block getting back in so I can get to work finishing the exhaust, fitting the new IC etc.
Mazdabater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 AM   #63
Mazdabater
FC3S

Cool

ZOMGWTFBBQ I did something on the car, still don't have an engine LOL mate has been taking his sweet ass time, but not a real problem as I don't have the funds at the moment (saving for a house is a killer) and he is doing it cheap. Apparently it's all done he just needs some oil control rings, so I'm assuming he has made the engine mounts too. On the plus side, my port now looks like

Anyway, I have decided the car is going to run a BW EFR-9180 turbo, just trying to source one, have spent the money I had aside for it as apparently there have been production delays, trying to get one from the states as they are ridciulously overpriced here.

However today I finally got off my ass with the car as my engine returning appears to be on the horizon, and my bag full of AN fittings arrived from aircraft spruce. So I started on my fuel system, every line aside from the firewall to rails are going to be done in -8 (1/2") 316 stainless line.

I also found the fuel cooler I intend to run, just waiting until next pay to purchase it. It is this one here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390341411...84.m1438.l2649

Anyway todays progress!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:32 AM   #64
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

Nice! I've actually been looking at those EFR turbos too, but I wasn't going as big as a 9180. I've heard about production delays too. That sucks.
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #65
Mazdabater
FC3S

Yeah I had the money aside for it for ages. Ended up buying a dirtbike with it when I got sick of waiting LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #66
Mazdabater
FC3S

So serious question for 500rwhp if I run the fuel rails in series is it going to matter, or should I set them up as parallel? I don't think the injectors could drain the rail fast enough to starve the secondary rail but I'm unsure.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #67
dream36realms
Rotary Fan in Training

dream36realms is on a distinguished road

run in series unless you think you are near the 80% rule. but even parallel would starve the front. should be fine as long as your pump and Inj are able to handle it
dream36realms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #68
Mazdabater
FC3S

In series means running through the primary rail and then the secondary. Parallel means splitting the line before the rails do both get supplied the same amount. Running 4 x 1000cc injectors is the plan but I do have a 2 1600cc injectors there if needed to replace the secondarys. The pumps a fuel lab prodigy 1000hp pump so I know its up to it. However I'm thinking of running parallel to be on the safe side. I've come this far why compromise it.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #69
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

1 x Fuel Leb
1 x Keene Bell "boostapump"

That is all you need.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #70
Mazdabater
FC3S

I don't have a boost pump, I've currently got a walbro 255 in there, I'm hoping it will be sufficent to keep the surge full. Gonna test it and hopefully save buying a new pump.

Just did some more on the tank, had a hard time welding in my fittings, I think I should have cleaned off all the anodizing from underneath as well, I have no real idea what gave me so much trouble putting them in, just had a bad welding time for half an hour or so there, went and drank a beer and came back all good. It's not looking as pretty as I'd like but I'm still a beginner welder and it's going under the car.

Last pictures of the captive nuts I'm using for the dzus fastners I was talking about last night, I thought they were cad plated steel but it seems they are some kind of cast material. Had to rivet them on and will seal them up with some sealent tomorrow at work, we happen to be reinstalling the fuel tanks so it worked out well =D

Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #71
Mazdabater
FC3S

Went camping this weekend, hindered progress a little. Just did some more on it then. I gooped the back of the captive nuts and was worried about it breaking down with the welding, and it did, so I'm going to have to seal it internally at work tomorrow as it's leaking. My welds look pretty average, would normally grind them back and make them look pretty but it's going under the car so I'll probably just leave it. Should be able to do some of the plumbing for it after work tomorrow. Anyways heres how it looks

Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #72
Mazdabater
FC3S

Had a shitty setback this arvo, stayed back at work because I was going to bend some of the pipe up. 2 problems I have encountered, the minimum diameter I can bend my tube too is around 3" and my flaring tool requires me to have around a 45mm straight section to allow me to fit the feral on and flare it. So now I have to either

Make some of my pipes out of braided line with 90deg fittings
Buy a new flaring tool that requires less straight section to clamp
Find a way of bending the tube around a tighter radius

However I don't think its possible to have much smaller of a radius to bend the tube properly, going to do some research tonight.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #73
Mazdabater
FC3S

Wow, I actually have my engine back ready to go into the car. Series 7 block, s5 front cover center plate drilled and tapped to use standard S5 mounts. Full bridgeport. Took some pics however my mobile just died. Took a long time but I haven't really been able to afford it and told my mate not to worry about it. Shitty thing is I told my missus I would buy her a ring when I get the car running now it's not too far away hahaha. I am also going to run the chinese turbo for a bit as I'm too keen to get it running so going to see how that goes. Only got a few things left to buy now, RR water injection kit, greddy elbow, mounts and loom for the computer. Let the games begin!

Also have scrapped that previous surge tank, the 301 started to rust a little, and it didn't fit as well as it could have where I had planned. Am now looking at making one out of 316 to fit in the spare wheel well, or where the jack mounts.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #74
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

Nice to hear an update, exciting times ahead
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #75
Mazdabater
FC3S

Yeah pretty funny how long it took. Have brought a blown up xr400, done a full rebuild on that rode it for a while and traded it in on a newer bike whilst it's been off the road ROFL.