Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #61
dregg100
Rotary Fanatic

dregg100 is on a distinguished road

hey man you cant take pics 2 years in the past! i call BS!!!

glad to hear you got the car back together.

'93 SSM Touring-S475...
'87 Tii-LS1/T56
dregg100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #62
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

classicauto is on a distinguished road

You know me and my time machine, we're real tight!

My camera display's broken so I can't:

See what I'm photog'in
Adjust any menu options (like dates )
preview pics so i just atke lots of them

classicauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #63
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

Default The carnage spree continues!!!

But not where you'd expect it.

In fact, in the very last place, in the very last situation you'd expect it to.

Arrived at Defined. Changed the wastegate spring to a 10psi unit.

Attached the dyno dyanmics to the beast, got her running, started tuning.

15 minutes in, cars sitting there **IDLING** transmission in **NEUTRAL**

All of a sudden we hear this 'ping' sound and the car stalls. Logan goes to restart it, and puts the clutch in. Fires right up. Lets out the clutch, stalls

The transmission is now internally fused in fifth gear You can shift it, but it does nothing

swapped in one they had in storage, just got back now. We'll pick up where we left off tomorrow

seriously bro is this somekinda test of wills, balls, or wallet size? feck
Old 06-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #64
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

FC = Fucking Cars

That has to be the wierdest oddest failure that I have ever heard of........ seriously Joe, were you some sort of deranged degenerate that would sneak into peoples bedrooms and pee in thier ear while they sleep, then drug and rape millions of virgins while insulting every race, ethnicity, minority, person other than yourself while at the same time selling the tears of your victims as vitamin water to unsuspecting yuppies while ruining their lives and infecting the elderly with AIDS? I can't think of any other reason for your luck.... seriously dude?

Crack the tranny open. I wanna see!

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #65
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

Well, i'd love to crack the trans open and see what got botched, but....

I picked up an engine (comitatus on the other forum, HBP plates, both front and rear thick casting, housings, rotors seals etc) so thats occupying my hatch along with my clothes and some tools....

So I don't have any room to haul it home, so its staying with Logan.

I'm going to bet that a the #5 shift fork is probablhy jammed though....

However, see I installed a new Mtrix short shirter when I put in that new tranny, and having never tried it on another tranny, I didn't know how it felt. Trans shifted *OK* smooth etc, but 5th was sometimes tough to engage, and sometimes reverse was also tough. Masin can comment on the feel of the tranny, he's driven my car. I didn't think there was anything majorly wrong thouhg.

But after trying out the car with this low mileage trans (came from logans dad, he pulled it from a 35,000mile TII that had some kind of body damage?) it shifts *MUCH* better. Of course, i won't get too complacent haha

anyways, today we made out GREAT. car ran like a top. Makes about 270hwp on wastegate srping (10psi) and boy is it a rocket even at that. 13psi= about 340whp........but wer'e still working the higher boost settings out. Tomorrow we'll clean up a couple spots I found that were rough on the way back to the hotel, and finish up the 14-15psi setting, and shoot for kill mode @ 20psi!

As far as the power (will post graphs later) Its a little low, sure. But you know what? I really don't give flying pig fuck haha. Car feels strong, hauls ass, and runs like a swiss watch. Logan's got everything nice and conservative, I couldn't ask for anything more. But we'll see what happens when the turbo actually starts to breathe (over 15psi) so I may just hit that 400 mark yet.

OH AND:

4000rpm on wastegate = 180whp
Full boost by 4000-4200..........*near* stock porting, S4 rotors, and a 1.00 divided hotside on the T04-R. Might seem laggy to you brian - Mr. Spoolin - but very acceptable, and much better then most people on the intrawebz will tell you it is

w00t for LONG black patches, and smiles from ear to ear!

Last edited by classicauto; 06-12-2009 at 11:06 PM..
Old 06-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #66
need RX7
Clean S4 Nutswinger

need RX7 is on a distinguished road

Glad it's working out for you man. Sounds like fun .

need RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #67
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

wastegate pressure 10psi

low boost 14psi

high boost 19psi

we cleaned up the two lower boost settings today and were able to get it much more dialed in. Yesterday @270whp the car was inside the garage due to weeather and choking on its own fumes. Tuning outside today got everything alot more dialed in, runs like a champ! The 410hp run was a little too much for the clutch though and slipped which is why its all broken up and so close to the other run. I'll have to stay off the +15psi until I can afford a better clutch, but I'd like to destroy this one first since I'll be able to now finally

Have to say Im very impressed with Defined autoworks. Given also that we only had a few runs at the higher psi logan couldn't be sure its 100% up there, so when the day comes i'm tired of what I have and I toss in the 6 puck i'll be sure to have him touch it up despite the distance - well worth the travel, at least for me as an electromotive guy who knows enough to say its worth a real pro figuring out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Phillips turbo II.JPG (160.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Joe Phillips turbo II 2.JPG (166.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Joe Phillips turbo II 3.JPG (172.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #68
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicauto View Post
4000rpm on wastegate = 180whp
Full boost by 4000-4200..........*near* stock porting, S4 rotors, and a 1.00 divided hotside on the T04-R. Might seem laggy to you brian - Mr. Spoolin - but very acceptable, and much better then most people on the intrawebz will tell you it is

Check over my Avatar

Nicely nicely done Joe. Awesome numbers, despite how hig in the revs you need to be I should be on the dyno wednesday in non-sequential..... I'll post some graphs.... I think I was right around that too.

So what are the new plans for Comi's old motor? I thought he lost a housing and a rotor the last time it went loose?

As far as the clutch goes, what are you running now, and what are you looking to get? I gotta tell ya, I love my exedy twin disc

Can't wait to see some graphs from kill mode. What are you going to do about the meth/water??

Quote:
Nicely said

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.

Last edited by TitaniumTT; 06-14-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #69
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

Kill mode graph is up - 410whp

Boost hits a little slower getting up to 19, its there by 4200. On wastegate its there by about 3700rpm.

My clutch now is an ACT heavy duty with street disc. Drives like stock. But I think though that because I didn't have this S4 flywheel machined, I'm breaking up near the top. It held 330ft/lbs last year on the mustang dyno....so boo for oversight.

I'd love to go with a twin, but it might be a while before I get the funds for it. Thats the plan though as - really - you can't beat a twin. Hold a bazillion foot/lbs with a pedal slightly heavier then now? Sign me up.

As for the WI - its on. I just left it on the whole time. Spraying 375cc/min now. Starts aroudn 5psi. Keeps AIT nice a calm, you basically never see it rise up once you get into boost no matter how long you pull on it. Obviously, depends on ambient temp as far as where that point is, but its usually about 5-8C above.

As for Luke's old engine, I'm going to be using bits and piece here and there. His housings are actually OK, one has a tiny mark that won't effect much, the other is minty. The rotors will likely be milled to 3mm for use with the ceramic seals, and the whole rotating assembly will actually be used for that engine. He has new rotor bearings, stat gear bearings etc so that stuff is good.

The irons are gems for sure, but I don't know if I'll use them in this car. I've had a HBP before, its great and all, but I like my streetports.

I honestly don't know where those will end up - but they are FLAWLESS, and both front and rear are the thick casting units.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #70
EJayCe996
PPP-P-P-P-POWER!

EJayCe996 will become famous soon enough

Hahaha, I was just looking at some pics on facebook BDC had commented on in an album and began to browse through this photo album and thought to myself "All this.... seems very familiar," and then I read about the slipping clutch and going 6 puck and a T04-R and then....... (hur hur dur!) this HAS to be classicauto
4. PROFIT!

Axiomatic: Total cacology.
EJayCe996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #71
FC3S Murray
frustrated!

FC3S Murray is on a distinguished road

OUTSTANDING MAN!! I am very happy for you and only wish problem free times for a very long time.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #72
dregg100
Rotary Fanatic

dregg100 is on a distinguished road

yay!!!

'93 SSM Touring-S475...
'87 Tii-LS1/T56
dregg100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #73
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJayCe996 View Post
Hahaha, I was just looking at some pics on facebook BDC had commented on in an album and began to browse through this photo album and thought to myself "All this.... seems very familiar," and then I read about the slipping clutch and going 6 puck and a T04-R and then....... (hur hur dur!) this HAS to be classicauto
LOL feel free to add me, I ahve a bunch of friends on there from the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC3S Murray
OUTSTANDING MAN!! I am very happy for you and only wish problem free times for a very long time.
thanks bro, me toO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregg100
yay!!!
yay indeed! soo much fun scooting around in this thing.

First few times I did a 2nd-4th pull I would let off and be all paranoid about little sounds etc. thinking i've popped another engine but the thign just keeps tickin'. Not to get too far ahead tho, its only been a few days haha

can't wait for updates on your monster!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #74
FC3S Murray
frustrated!

FC3S Murray is on a distinguished road

I feel you about the paranoia with all those interesting sounds you "think" you hear while redlining. My asshole is always the size of a decimal point at redline until I start to see some safe pattern with my data logs.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #75
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Kill mode graph is up - 410whp

Boost hits a little slower getting up to 19, its there by 4200. On wastegate its there by about 3700rpm.
Nicely done! I likey.... I'll give you the full story in my build thread so I don't jack..... we accidentally hit my kill mode today and she made 346 RWHP @ 4800 RPM, yes, 4800 RPM............ then we ran out of fuel... a few spikes to 20psi too which scared the living crap out of me.

Quote:
My clutch now is an ACT heavy duty with street disc. Drives like stock. But I think though that because I didn't have this S4 flywheel machined, I'm breaking up near the top. It held 330ft/lbs last year on the mustang dyno....so boo for oversight.

I'd love to go with a twin, but it might be a while before I get the funds for it. Thats the plan though as - really - you can't beat a twin. Hold a bazillion foot/lbs with a pedal slightly heavier then now? Sign me up.
Yeah, me loves me twin.... I just don't want to know what it's going to cost when it's time to repace the disc's The disc's are fairly cheap, it's the machining of the 4 surfaces (plus the lands) that are going to suck large moose balls.... like canadian moose balls. Not those pussy things we have down here

Quote:
As for the WI - its on. I just left it on the whole time. Spraying 375cc/min now. Starts aroudn 5psi. Keeps AIT nice a calm, you basically never see it rise up once you get into boost no matter how long you pull on it. Obviously, depends on ambient temp as far as where that point is, but its usually about 5-8C above.
Very cool and yes, pun intended. I need to figure out a way to log ambient temps. My AIT's seem to hover around 5-10*F above ambient.... unless I shut her down and don't pop the hood, then she soaks, and soaks bad.

Quote:
As for Luke's old engine, I'm going to be using bits and piece here and there. His housings are actually OK, one has a tiny mark that won't effect much, the other is minty. The rotors will likely be milled to 3mm for use with the ceramic seals, and the whole rotating assembly will actually be used for that engine. He has new rotor bearings, stat gear bearings etc so that stuff is good.

The irons are gems for sure, but I don't know if I'll use them in this car. I've had a HBP before, its great and all, but I like my streetports.

I honestly don't know where those will end up - but they are FLAWLESS, and both front and rear are the thick casting units.
Nice score. I'm thinking kinda along the same lines as you I'm sure, I kept my old irons and plan on having them ported - mildly, lapped, and re-nitrated then mayber ceremet coated and use them along with some new housings for the next motor. I think the primaries on mine now are a little too large. The idle suffers some. Trying to work it out with the software but I like mild porting as well

1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil