Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92)

RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92) RX-7 1986-92 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #46
RETed
RCC Addict

RETed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2two View Post
and the redlibe has nothing to do with the power output directly. they red line is just where it makes consistent power to. you could rev all day to 15k, but if your not making power there, whats the point?
Actually, I don't believe what you just typed, but that's a whole nother tangent entirely...

Quote:
and yes, a BP or PP will put out higher numbers. but no exstensive porting has been put into the renesis yet. again, give it time. also, how reliable and how streetable is a large BP or PP? or even a small semi-PP? these motors are making in stock form almost what those make. this is my point. stop being negative. no ones trying to argue here.
This is why I tend to fuck with turbo'd 13B's.
No need to mess with all this normally aspirated bullshit.

Quote:
jeeze... maybe i shoud not of posted this here. just trying to put it out there. cause theres so many people asking about this. but no ones done it... why do all the internet guru's nit pick. isnt this why people hate rx7club? and come to places like this
You get mighty defensive, huh?
This is an open forum.
As much as you get to express your opinions, I do too...as long as we don't break the rules.
I did not agree with something you said in this thread, so I typed a reply and cited my references.
A lot of the numbers being thrown around are a bit...twisted.
The only thing that does matter is WHEN you finish this project and then throw up a dyno sheet.
This is why I HATE project threads that are not completed - there's too many of them, and people get really unrealistic claims of what their cars MIGHT do.
Like I said before, I'd like to see this project FINISHED; it will prove or disprove what I've been saying for a long time now.

-Ted

http://fc3spro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
because you're only as good as your backup
RETed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #47
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

WE3RX7 is on a distinguished road

I'll be interested to see how this turns out, its definitely different and fun to watch.

I tend to agree with Ted (sometimes) about the fancy intake manifold on the reni. Without that and the higher compression, its not going to outperform a good large SP13B engine.

On the other note, I have to strongly disagree with the not-streetable high output daily driver. I could list countless production cars in that category, but I'll stay on point and only discuss RX7s. Its all in the tuning. You can easily have over 400whp and drive it every day, but it takes time and money (as does everything really). Its so common now for guys to install an EMS and get a "rough" or what they consider a "good" tune. I've seen these maps and over half of the options arent even touched. What makes your run of the mill car run so well is its tuning. Engineers spend countless hours going through the numbers and doing the math and making these engines run GREAT. Thats why its so easy when you bolt something on, it mucks it all up - because the original engineers didnt compensate for stupidity.

Either way, horsepower has nothing to do w/ interior either. So you can have a comfortable (as comfortable as a 2 door sports car can be) 400 or more HP car.

Not to mention, look at the PCM flashes the EVOs get these days. Just a PC reflash and they get over 400hp and otherwise its mostly stock!
WE3RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #48
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE3RX7 View Post
I'll be interested to see how this turns out, its definitely different and fun to watch.

I tend to agree with Ted (sometimes) about the fancy intake manifold on the reni. Without that and the higher compression, its not going to outperform a good large SP13B engine.

On the other note, I have to strongly disagree with the not-streetable high output daily driver. I could list countless production cars in that category, but I'll stay on point and only discuss RX7s. Its all in the tuning. You can easily have over 400whp and drive it every day, but it takes time and money (as does everything really). Its so common now for guys to install an EMS and get a "rough" or what they consider a "good" tune. I've seen these maps and over half of the options arent even touched. What makes your run of the mill car run so well is its tuning. Engineers spend countless hours going through the numbers and doing the math and making these engines run GREAT. Thats why its so easy when you bolt something on, it mucks it all up - because the original engineers didnt compensate for stupidity.

Either way, horsepower has nothing to do w/ interior either. So you can have a comfortable (as comfortable as a 2 door sports car can be) 400 or more HP car.

Not to mention, look at the PCM flashes the EVOs get these days. Just a PC reflash and they get over 400hp and otherwise its mostly stock!
Speaking of which, I should have you look over the tune on my car when I get the turbo in.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #49
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

WE3RX7 is on a distinguished road

^NP..
WE3RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote