Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #46
David Jerome
RCC Contributor

David Jerome is on a distinguished road

Woke up about 7:30 A.M. and went to get the new/used tires mounted on some stock rims so I could have a full set of matching wheels/tires to drive on. Got back and changed them out in between painted some engine parts for a customers rebuild. Fire the car up and begin to drive down the road and the car goes into limp mode(I am still using the auto computer even though the car is swapped.) Turned around and headed back to the garage.

Pulled the codes and the first code that registered was #5 which I knew from memory was knock sensor, I continued to read the other codes just for laughs. The auto ecu does not like all the stuff I deleted.

Switch out the knock sensor and went down the road for hte second time that day, the car ran a little pissy at first but after 2-3 miles in 3rd gear it was smooth sailing. I put about a total of 15 miles on it today, took it up to 8lbs a couple times and it pulled great(keep in mind I have let this car idle about 4-5 hours already for those wondering about break in).

I dont condone my actions on a fresh rebuild without a break in but if you knew the parts used to build the engine in my car I could care less what happens to them, and I can rebuild it for next to nothing.

Oh well, It was just nice to really get to drive the car for the first time in about two years. Not so nice to realize all the stuff I stole off the car to fix other cars. In the coming months the plans are as follows:

Install a stock flywheel, the lightweight shit isnt for me
Install the R1 seats
Get the 99 spec front end and feed hood painted and installed
Install MOMO steering wheel
Install auto trans speed sensor so I have some working gauges.
Delete ABS
Once all the above is done I am shooting to run some 7 sec passes in the 1/8th on the stock ecu and street tires just for shits and giggles. Likely in the fall it will be time for a big single etc and some 6 sec 1/8th mile times.

PM me about low priced, high quality port work
David Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #47
Brent
Sua Sponte

Brent is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you got to drive her around a little. She's been all dressed up and waiting on that date you promised her for some time Look forward to you bringing it out to the track once everything settles down. Something about you getting married in less than a week? Expect your FD to spontaneously combust when it finds out she isn't the only one.
Road Atlanta August 2011 NASA TT 1:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFY00PAK_Ps
Traqmate's video of my car from the 2011 UTCC at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zcn6...layer_embedded
Video of Yellow LS1 FD at NASA TT at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6k0lJkcwrM
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #48
RotaryRoadRage
Rotary Fanatic

RotaryRoadRage is on a distinguished road

come on now.. you ain't gotta lie to us...

Gamer tag - graveconditions
RotaryRoadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #49
David Jerome
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Glad to hear you got to drive her around a little. She's been all dressed up and waiting on that date you promised her for some time Look forward to you bringing it out to the track once everything settles down. Something about you getting married in less than a week? Expect your FD to spontaneously combust when it finds out she isn't the only one.
I made a promise to myself that car would be drivable before the wedding, I shouldnt have really spent time on it yesterday but it had to get done. I had it sitting in front of the house when the fiance pulled in, she just said, "oh great, now you are spending time on that thing" She hates my cars which makes me happy.

I hope to do some events in the fall, the car has a long way to go though before being ready. Im shooting for late July mid August before I make any public appearances.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #50
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jerome View Post
I made a promise to myself that car would be drivable before the wedding, I shouldnt have really spent time on it yesterday but it had to get done. I had it sitting in front of the house when the fiance pulled in, she just said, "oh great, now you are spending time on that thing" She hates my cars which makes me happy.

I hope to do some events in the fall, the car has a long way to go though before being ready. Im shooting for late July mid August before I make any public appearances.
I just see working on my car as a safe and ethical way to "cheat". My girlfriend knows she's not the only one in my life and she has to accept that. It does get tricky when I spend 78234x more money on my car than girlfriend...
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 AM   #51
David Jerome
RCC Contributor

Well the car has been running for quite a while but I just havent had time to finish everything up that needs completed. I have put about 200 miles or so on it and even actually drove it to work today. In this short amount of time I have found numerous things that need attention and realized even though a stripped down car is not the most pleasant ride, it is a lot of fun for a 10lb stock twin car when you mash the gas. Hopefully over the next couple months Ill find time to start tuning and get the boost up around 16-17lbs.