Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Events & Meets > Deals Gap Rotary Rally > DGRR Archive

DGRR Archive Threads from Previous Deals Gap Rotary Rally Events.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #46
NycDriftKing
The Newbie

NycDriftKing is on a distinguished road

^ awesome write up.

This whole situation really sucks. But we live and we learn.

Omar,

My Flickr photoStream http://www.flickr.com/photos/nycdriftking/sets/
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/NycDriftKing
NycDriftKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #47
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Zach View Post
The mentioned douche bags for the Volvo would be me. It was nothing more than a harmless prank played out by me as payback for being the canvass for a pair of individuals with a Sharpie in hand to thoroughly decorate from head to toe. Childish I do admit but no harm was done. DJ wasn't alone in this. My5aBaby also received payback. Again, no harm done.

Oh yeah, it should also be noted that recipients and I stayed in the same cabin so it's not assumed that I broke into anyone's cabin!
So we're cleaning up on Sunday and I see some spark plugs by the garage. I grab them and think to myself "these must be from DJs blown engine he brought for Landers" so I threw them away. About 10 minutes later Zach asks me if I put my spark plugs back in... Thankfully they were still on top in the trash can.
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #48
reddozen
Gold Wheels FTW

reddozen is on a distinguished road

LMAO...
nice.
2003 ZZW30 MR2 (Rotary swap after RX8)
2004 SE3P RX8 (20B Swap in the works)
reddozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #49
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonPal View Post
Hi everyone,

I am the M3 guy. Philip emailed me about this, and I want to thank him and you all so much for all your thoughts. My friend David (War Eagle on the forum) who invited me to come to DGRRX this year called me last night to tell me that folks are really upset about this, wanting to raise money, etc. I really appreciate that, and I am touched that everyone would be so protective, especially to an interloper with a piston engine. :-)

I just tried to take a picture of the damage, but the sun is bright right now and I can't really get a good pic or see what I'm doing with my iPhone camera. The mark is about a foot long, over the rear passenger side quarter panel. BTW - I saw a question on the forum as to which M3 it was - my car is a silver/gray '06 M3.

I am extremely grateful for everyone's thoughts and concern to make things right. I do not want any reimbursement to fix this, and I am a bit embarrassed about all the attention. I do agree that this is something to address, not for this specific incident, but for the overall sense of respect for attendees, guests, and anyone else we come in contact with in future events. Having said that, after reading Philip's email and what's been posted here I feel very good about how members represent the club and events, both now and in the future.

BTW - I really enjoyed my first time visit to DGRRX! Everyone was great...I loved the location...the events...running the Dragon's Tail...Fontana Dam. I was a little intimidated by all the knowledge and skill everyone has about cars, engines and performance driving. I'm not really much of a car guy...I just like to drive fast, and am not really concerned how that happens under the hood. That's probably why the M3 is a good choice for me - I get to be sporty at times, yet it's hard for an idiot like me to break it, and with the optional seat warmer and 'cruise' settings it is acceptable to my wife. :-) Anyway, I really had a good time at DGRRX, and hope to come back for future events.

Thank you!

Um...let's see...Rotaries rule, Pistons drool! How's that? :-)
Mark,

as an representative of DGRR and the rotary community, i apologize if this incident was caused by one of the rotorhead. I am extremely upset with this situation and I will emphasize heavily for next year's DGRR. Such act should of never happened by any, but especially us rotorheads. As I stated in previous posts, if something like this happens again next year, I will go INVITE ONLY and will be very selective of who comes to this event. I really don't care about the numbers but quality of the event. If restricting who comes will make this event go much smoother, friendlier, and more mature crowd, I rather have 200 vs. 400 to get this event more exclusive and more professional.

Phil

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #50
mazdadude7
Rotary Fanatic

mazdadude7 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about that, I didnt get to bring my rotary to the event this year either and I guess I will need to check my car now . I hope that everything works out and they get what they deserve...
mazdadude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:54 AM   #51
Kentetsu
RCC Contributor

Kentetsu is on a distinguished road

No matter how much fun people are having at a party, there's always some asshole who thinks its okay to piss in the pool....
Kentetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #52
rxtasy3
rotary madness

rxtasy3 is on a distinguished road

i agree. i had the best weekend ever and now i read about this shit. freaking children, grow the eff up.
rxtasy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #53
Kane
All about the O2

Kane is on a distinguished road

Obviously, the M3 owner is much much more of a class act than anyone who feels compelled to haze the pistons....

Let's just hope this kind of thing never happens again.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #54
War Eagle
Rotary Fanatic

War Eagle is on a distinguished road

This is the car in question:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	7880  
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #55
Redhawkjrt
Brake, Turn, Go! Repeat.

Redhawkjrt is on a distinguished road

I hope the idiot who did this is reading the posts here. Whoever you are, your vandalism is the act of a despicable coward. You don't belong in the company of the class acts I have met here, and as far as I am concerned, are not welcome. If you care to dispute my opinion, I would be happy to discuss it with you in person. Anytime.

To the owner of the BMW, I am embarassed that such a thing would happen at an event like this. Just goes to show that there are morons in even the best gatherings. Phil and the volunteers bust their butts to put this event on, and they deserve better than this for their reward.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #56
Akagis_White_Comet
Comealong busts your nuts

Akagis_White_Comet is on a distinguished road

It's a sad day indeed that some prick thinks it's cool to key someone's car, especially at a gathering of people who put all their heart into building their cars. Piston or Rotary, we all share the same passion. Just a theory, but given the MO, it's probably some jackass in an eclipse or altezza with a god complex. Most eclipse/altezza owners around here are pricks.

I didn't get to make it this year, nor did my fellow rotary buddies here, but I'm definitely for hunting down the asshat that did this. When a UPS truck hit my FC last year, UPS denied anything about it and insurance denied the claim of course. Ended up having to hammer it out and repaint it with stuff from dollar general with some help from my fellow rotorhead across town. Still pisses me off to this day how cowardly some people are.

Major props to the community stepping up to make the M3 owner feel whole again. If something like that happened to my car, the amount of community support would definitely make me feel better about coming back.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #57
djmtsu
My minds tellin' me no...

djmtsu will become famous soon enough

oops, wrong thread.
2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5

Last edited by djmtsu; 04-28-2010 at 11:42 AM..
djmtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #58
khronus79
RCC Contributor

khronus79 is on a distinguished road

Here's the car in question, and from reading David's post, this is where it happened, as you can see the car was far away from everyone, so an accidental incident is out of the question.....

Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #59
War Eagle
Rotary Fanatic

War Eagle is on a distinguished road

We actually think it happened after that, on the other side of the dam, when we gathered for the photo shoot.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
djmtsu
My minds tellin' me no...

djmtsu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection View Post
I dont see any evidence of a deleted post DJ.
You're right, wrong thread.

Where's my pics of the carnage?
2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5
djmtsu is offline   Reply With Quote