Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Events & Meets > Deals Gap Rotary Rally > DGRR Archive

DGRR Archive Threads from Previous Deals Gap Rotary Rally Events.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

Buggy is on a distinguished road

I have to plan a route for the caravan I'll be leading. I'm not doing the Detroit I-75 route this year. Have to sit down and look at our options....

Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #32
orion84gsl
Rotary Fanatic

orion84gsl is on a distinguished road

I haven't committed myself to it yet, but am certainly considering it. I have two weeks booked off work, so providing the car doesn't break AGAIN I think I'll go check it out. I kind of want to head to the Keys, but I doubt that will happen this year.
orion84gsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #33
Redshft
Rotary Fan in Training

Redshft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
Which other Caravan? The canucks? They generally take a route that is much farther inland. The VA guys? There's 2 VA caravans that I know of, then there are a few of us that are thinking about driving to TX to "meet" someone before heading the DGRRXI So yeah, lemme know what you're planning, would love to cruise down with ya. And I haven't even mentioned this to any of my Jersery/NY friends yet and there is another guy right herre in CT, about 10 minutes away from me so it's gonna be fucking aweseome. Much better than the Honda I cruised down with a few years ago

Regarding your travel plans..... a few facts to help you decide/plan. If we make a stop in VA it'll be roughly a 6hr drive taking the more direct rt, but if I swing by Daves for anyreason, and one might be to pick someone up, it'll be closer to a 6.5-7 hr drive. Then it's about 7.5hrs to DGRRXI.

I don't know what your tolerance for driving is, or if you've got a set limit that you want to drive per day, but the outlets in ME aren't that far from me. Freeport is a little over 5 hrs away, Portland is a little under 5 hrs away. There are also some outlets in Clinton CT which are about an hr from me. So there are shopping options as well.

Since there are a few canadians in this thread, what are someo of your intended routes?
The leading candidate was one of the VA caravan's that was mentioned in that other thread, but we're still a bit flexible. The other Canadians are two far inland. I'm just excited not to be doing the entire down and back as a single car this year.

We've allocated 3 days to get down there, which is around 8 hours per day. For the trip home, we're doing it in two days, which will be more like 14+ hours per day (+ time to stop for meals, gas etc.)
I've got a pretty high tolerance for putting miles on, but, I have 2 other (at least) cars I need to account for, plus my better half likes to have her meals at the proper times, get out of the car and stretch etc.
On the way down, Freeport happens to be about 8 hours from home, so it's a convenient stopping point for the first day, and then do a bit of shopping etc.
On the Wednesday, the ideal would be to travel within a radius of about 8 hours of Freeport (+ or -) that will have us within meet-up distance of a Thursday caravan. If that makes sense.
But, being Canadian, we'd be pretty easy going on the details.
1988 RX7 Convertible - new project
2004 Impreza and 2003 Legacy wagons for hauling groceries and The Dog
Redshft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #34
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

It does, I was planning on leaving late Wednesday night and getting to VA late... midnight late... and driving the remaining on Thursday with the other caravans. Hmmmm, details to follow I guess. looks liek we'll be hooking up somewhere in the VA area. Still gotta find out if Jeff or Kyle are riding with me... oh the planning....

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #35
hades
Rotary Fanatic

hades will become famous soon enough

TTT--I am flying in to TN. I am staying in TN until Tuesday. I will open up a ebay auction to my stake in caravan down.

There's 2 VA caravans that I know of, then there are a few of us that are thinking about driving to TX to "meet" someone before heading the DGRRXI
Only one person?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #36
Kane
All about the O2

Kane is on a distinguished road

The VA Caravan for the 8's is starting to look good, the NJ 8's are going to meet up with us, so we may be 15 strong depending on the 7's, we may be possibly larger than that. PM me for my phone number as we get closer.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #37
tweiss3
Mazda Lover

tweiss3 is on a distinguished road

I so wish i could make this year.

2004 Mazda6 V6 5-spd - still waiting on money for a motor
1991 Mazda RX7 NA 5-spd - my new DD with 145,000 miles
tweiss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #38
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
TTT--I am flying in to TN. I am staying in TN until Tuesday. I will open up a ebay auction to my stake in caravan down.
Cool.... can't believe you're not driving though, that's fairly lame. You staying with family the entire time? How close to NVNC are they?

Quote:
There's 2 VA caravans that I know of, then there are a few of us that are thinking about driving to TX to "meet" someone before heading the DGRRXI
Only one person?
Only one, but with the ego of........ 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
The VA Caravan for the 8's is starting to look good, the NJ 8's are going to meet up with us, so we may be 15 strong depending on the 7's, we may be possibly larger than that. PM me for my phone number as we get closer.
Nice, the TNC crew make up most of those Jersey folks?

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #39
hades
Rotary Fanatic

hades will become famous soon enough

It's a friend and his family. Meeting them at a lake that's about 4 hours from dgrr

Thought there are two people in tx that you would Luke to make friends with
Old 02-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #40
Kane
All about the O2

Kane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Only one, but with the ego of........ 3

Nice, the TNC crew make up most of those Jersey folks?
Are you saying I have a big ego????

I am not sure who TNC is, the caravan I am thinking of is from the 8 Club NJ folks.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #41
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

Quote:
It's a friend and his family. Meeting them at a lake that's about 4 hours from dgrr

Thought there are two people in tx that you would Luke to make friends with
Cool...

One I don't need to meet, I may actually scalp him and come home with a trophy

Am I Luke missing something???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Are you saying I have a big ego????

I am not sure who TNC is, the caravan I am thinking of is from the 8 Club NJ folks.
No, we're talking about someone else from the Evil Forum

TNC + Tuesday Night Crew, a group of rotary nutbags that meet every tuesday at a Fourbucks in Jersey, then we go to Fridays (I think) for a few cocktails/nacho's then I drive 80 minutes home.

1988 'Vert - In progress

I'm pure Evil

Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
PinkRacer
Enabler

PinkRacer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshft View Post
Haha.. I'll have to talk to the better half, but perhaps a small reception by Canadians could be in order.
We have folks locally that I think get RX7s just so they can come out to our little meets that she caters.

And we're not THAT boring.. just dealing with stupidly drunk people and late-night engines revving gets old once we decide to call it a night.
I'm in. Let's have a get together at our cabin. God knows, we have the room.
PinkRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #43
djmtsu
My minds tellin' me no...

djmtsu will become famous soon enough

FYI- we just drink, we don't rev our engines late at night.

Nobody want to hear a 12a screaming to 8K past midnight.

And I almost never Sharpie anyone. I don't even know who photoshopped that pic, but they did a good job
2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5
djmtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #44
Redshft
Rotary Fan in Training

Redshft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It does, I was planning on leaving late Wednesday night and getting to VA late... midnight late... and driving the remaining on Thursday with the other caravans. Hmmmm, details to follow I guess. looks liek we'll be hooking up somewhere in the VA area. Still gotta find out if Jeff or Kyle are riding with me... oh the planning....
Figured I would get this back on topic. Sat down and worked out some plans with the FB in my group. (I've totally lost track of what my friend with the FD is doing.. he's all over the place, so...)
Plan now is still to Freeport on Day one, then on day two, since there really isn't anything else to do other than cover ground, is try to make it as far south into Virginia as we can, to make the drive on Thursday a reasonable distance that will get us in early enough to have some fun that night.
So, really, just need to figure out what is a good target destination for Wed night to be able to meet up with you and some of the other folks.

Still trying to recruit a few more cars local to me to come, but screw'em if they if they don't know what they are missing.

As a result, still have some beds free in our cabin.
1988 RX7 Convertible - new project
2004 Impreza and 2003 Legacy wagons for hauling groceries and The Dog
Redshft is offline   Reply With Quote