Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > 20B/3 Rotor Conversion..

20B/3 Rotor Conversion.. All things to do with 20B/3 rotor... Post pics, video, tech, etc..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Bryan@BNR
Rotary Fanatic

Bryan@BNR is on a distinguished road

Hey Phil. You can retard your timing with the CAS. I would do it atleast 3 degrees just to be safe. I know you don't feel like yanking that engine out just yet lol.

Bryan@BNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #32
JShiz
ZOMG WTF BBQ!!!

JShiz is on a distinguished road

The guys on mobileimports.org are drooling over your cosmo at IFO. you made a great showing.
JShiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #33
pineapplesoymilk
Want Boost!!!

pineapplesoymilk is on a distinguished road

that is just awesome did they all come in auto?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #34
reddozen
Gold Wheels FTW

reddozen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomsSE3P View Post
that is just awesome did they all come in auto?
sadly, yes...
all the 20b's are mated to autos.
2003 ZZW30 MR2 (Rotary swap after RX8)
2004 SE3P RX8 (20B Swap in the works)
reddozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #35
pineapplesoymilk
Want Boost!!!

pineapplesoymilk is on a distinguished road

really? that sucks what if your did a swap what tranny could you use with it? well you have a very nice car my friend
Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Thanks!

I have no plans to put manual tranny in this car... But I have seen FD tranny into one of these in japan... But I'm planning to do 20B FD and will be using an FD tranny.

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #37
eddierotary
boosted

eddierotary is on a distinguished road

that car is mint. no need for any further mods, specially when you dont see them everyday, even in japan
Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #38
duval7
The Newbie

duval7 is on a distinguished road

Wow this is the first time i have seen this thread. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Atleast now i know what a Buick Riviera would look like with a 20b in it.
duval7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #39
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by duval7 View Post
Wow this is the first time i have seen this thread. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Atleast now i know what a Buick Riviera would look like with a 20b in it.
LOL!

My next goal is get a top notch black paint job and a nice updated stereo in the car.

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #40
Akagis_White_Comet
Comealong busts your nuts

Akagis_White_Comet is on a distinguished road

Phil, you are one LUCKY guy to have a Cosmo here in the states, much less a 20B Cosmo and even less to have such a BEAUTIFUL one too.

By the way, I think I have the part numbers for the mirrors, as you mentioned needing one before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I got them by following Mazda's part number coding scheme, using the FD's mirror part numbers and changing the prefix on them to the proper J001 from FD01 (change the prefix to the 'body' prefix, leave the rest the same).

I got this method by looking at every RX-7 and RX-8 US-spec parts catalog from 1979 to 2008 and writing down the part number for the front bumper, shortblock engine and ECU and it lined up perfectly every time, the only exception being the letter suffix on certain parts like the engine to denote revisions. Here's an example using the S4 N/A and 20B shortblock. The part number to order a NEW S4 N/A shortblock is N326-02-200. To translate this to the 20B Cosmo, change N326 to NF01 (20b Cosmo's ecu prefix) and you get NF01-02-200 (Pre-A shortblock), which would be superceded by NF01-02-200E as of today since E-codes are the only new engines available from Mazda.

What I've noticed when testing this method is that every car has 2 prefixes, the Engine/electrical one (S4 N/A is N326) and the body prefix (S4 N/A is FB01). If you just change the prefix, you'll almost always end up with the correct part for that model. The only exception I've found to this rule so far is the 99-spec front bumper (F110-59-310c), compared to the S6 FD bumper (FD01-50-031).

Anyway, if I'm right, the mirror part numbers should be J001-76-1800-PZ (left mirror, brilliant black) and J001-76-1200-PZ (right mirror, brilliant black). You might want to double-check it in the parts catalog if you have one. And if you do have the parts catalog, please send me a copy so I can get started on translating it for everyone.

-Travis

EDIT: After hunting in the parts catalog, I found out that I was wrong. The correct part numbers are J001-69-120D (right side) and J001-69-180D (left side). For the fender-mounted mirrors, it is J001-79-120 (right side) and J001-79-180 (left side). If anyone is interested, I have every japanese Mazda parts catalog available and can give you part numbers to snag whatever you're looking for too.

Last edited by Akagis_White_Comet; 05-13-2010 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: got the correct part numbers
Akagis_White_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #41
project86
Can't.Make.Up.My.Mind.

project86 is on a distinguished road

you dont happen to have any exhaust sound clips do you? id like to hear
'10 Toyota Prius

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
project86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #42
chrisa
The Newbie

chrisa is on a distinguished road

Love this car. I want one. hah.
chrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #43
hwnd
The Newbie

hwnd is on a distinguished road

Shoulda got a Droid Phil!
hwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #44
diabolical1
I have radioactive semen

diabolical1 is on a distinguished road

nice car.

i guess my only question is how much of a hassle was it to get legalized here? i once looked into getting an R33 Skyline and the paperwork and "laws" (as i understood them) were quite off-putting - at least, to me. i'm just curious what you went through for the Cosmo.
diabolical1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #45
Ptotherice
Rotary Fan in Training

Ptotherice is on a distinguished road

I'm curious as well. I finish school soon and maybe my first nice daily driver will be a Cosmo if it's as easy grabbing one from Canada like my friend did with his Type-R Integra and bringing it over here. (I'm assuming it's not as easy, but a man can dream.)
Ptotherice is offline   Reply With Quote