Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofcarma View Post
So I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge (in addition to the stock electronic gauge) and an oil temperature gauge. These are old school gauges pretty period correct for this car actually. And they were brand new in box, work great

Woa! where did you get those gauges from?! I like how throwback they look. they deffo match the era, even from someone not as in tune with the era as me.

that looks VERY trick!!

RedR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

scarsofcarma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedR1 View Post
Woa! where did you get those gauges from?! I like how throwback they look. they deffo match the era, even from someone not as in tune with the era as me.

that looks VERY trick!!
Thanks, I almost forgot I had these they were hidden away in an old parts bin for a few years along with my nitrous kit. I won't be running these gauges for too long though. Eventually my whole dash will be replaced with a fabricated one featuring a custom gauge/switch panel like I used to have in my RX3 (ala old school race car). I'm sure when that time comes I'll get a whole set of matching gauges. However for the time being I wanted to run these to help monitor the rebuilt engine.

So far so good in that regard. It has excellent oil pressure its about time to start doing some freeway pulls to wind it up through its powerband under load and check the operation of the 6 ports to make sure they're working.
scarsofcarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofcarma View Post
Thanks, I almost forgot I had these they were hidden away in an old parts bin for a few years along with my nitrous kit. I won't be running these gauges for too long though. Eventually my whole dash will be replaced with a fabricated one featuring a custom gauge/switch panel like I used to have in my RX3 (ala old school race car). I'm sure when that time comes I'll get a whole set of matching gauges. However for the time being I wanted to run these to help monitor the rebuilt engine.
when you decide to get rid of the gauges for a custom one off unit. . . please do keep me in mind. I wouldn't mind buying them off of you Unless someone else has spoken for them, but I definitely want them

but yes . . . those look AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scars
So far so good in that regard. It has excellent oil pressure its about time to start doing some freeway pulls to wind it up through its powerband under load and check the operation of the 6 ports to make sure they're working.
very nice! are you adding any exterior flares for larger tires or anything? or going to keep her pretty much stock body?
RedR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #34
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Quote:
when you decide to get rid of the gauges for a custom one off unit. . . please do keep me in mind. I wouldn't mind buying them off of you Unless someone else has spoken for them, but I definitely want them.
You are the first person to ask about em so yeah when the day comes I'll try and remember that.

Quote:
Are you adding any exterior flares for larger tires or anything? or going to keep her pretty much stock body?
I want wider tires so flares (and likely spacers) will be necessary. I'm thinking 15x8" wheels with at least a 225 series tire in the near future. When I'm ready for the cage and the custom widebody kit down the road I may run even wider wheels. Not sure yet. I know good street rubber is getting hard to find in a 15" wheel but I wouldn't want to go much bigger than that on a 1st gen.

I prefer to run old school wheels and old school parts and keep the car looking period-correct as much as it is functional to do so. Wheels like this I think suite the FB the best. I drool over 2 piece BBS or 3 piece Hayashi's

Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #35
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Arrow Update

So replaced the driveshaft today. Boy what a difference! Car is sooo smooth now, no vibrations at all. Runs perfectly, very comfortable and easy to drive.

Break in period is over so time for its first freeway pull! I'll let you know how that goes.

Also, more upgrades coming soon!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #36
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Arrow Update

So the car pulls nice and hard on the freeway. It's got power, but I can't wait to build a custom exhaust for it. The stock exhaust is restrictive and leaks a lot. Also just got done pressure washing the undercarriage.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Arrow Update

So today I added some more grounds, just because... I placed one from the alternator directly to the negative battery terminal and another from the negative battery terminal to the strut tower.

Last edited by scarsofcarma; 09-01-2013 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: BBC code
Old 09-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #38
Rotary#10
Rotorhead

Rotary#10 is on a distinguished road

looking good Nar! Glad to see another classic car back on the road!
- M. Vodak
Running project car

89 N/A GTUs in Black #2
10/6/18
Blown coolant seal undergoing rebuild and restomod.
Rotary#10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #39
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Arrow Update

It smogged today so the stock exhaust will soon get chucked into the weeds. I also installed a 330mm Nardi steering wheel and hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary#10 View Post
looking good Nar! Glad to see another classic car back on the road!
- M. Vodak
Thanks Vodak! I appreciate the encouragement. You should swing by more often we still have to plan more aero mock-up prototype stuff. I want a custom nosecone for this FB
Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #40
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #41
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Default More Pics

Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #42
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Arrow Update

I got my new Tokico Illumina in the mail the other day. (Thank you Amazon!)

When I removed the LF strut I realized the blown one had been leaking shock oil over everything so badly that a complete strut teardown and rebuild was in order. I also noticed my ball joints were shot so I ordered new ones as well as aftermarket camber bolts in the mail.

After rebuilding the struts and packing the wheel bearings with fresh synthetic racing grease I'm finally getting around to installing the Energy Suspension bushings in the front end. I bead-blasted the lower control arms and strut rods to clean em up before freshly painting them. Why I decided to paint them white I cannot say. Probably not practical lol

Last edited by ZGN; 10-02-2013 at 07:24 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

Default Update

Got the ball joints in the mail today so I assembled and installed the suspension back on the car with the energy suspension bushings and replacement Tokico Illumina.

Drives better now of course that there's no blown shock in the front end! Doesn't even feel like it needs much adjustment in the way of alignment either which is a great sign for an old car with new bushings.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
scarsofcarma
Rotary Fanatic

I checked it on the alignment rack today and everything was in the green. The only thing I adjusted was the toe by .3 degrees. That pleases me because it shows this car hasn't been hit so bad that anything got tweaked.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #45
Anoesis
The Newbie

Anoesis is on a distinguished road

*insert redundant "nice" comment* Awesome thread to read through
Anoesis is offline   Reply With Quote