Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #16
Mazdabater
FC3S

Mazdabater is on a distinguished road

Hmmn damn, just went and checked the fitment. Washer bottle is sweet but my outlet fitting on the overflow one is going to interfere with my IC piping, And i think my inlet might be close to the rad lol. Hopefully if I get some 90 deg fittings it will clear -.-

Mazdabater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #17
djmtsu
My minds tellin' me no...

djmtsu will become famous soon enough

Wow, looking great!

I like those overflow/fluid tanks. Did you make those?
2015 Toyota 4Runner SR5
djmtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #18
Mazdabater
FC3S

Yeah I did. Well I made them up and got a mate to weld them. Not really out of choice, my IC piping involved removing the washer bottle, and its a roadworthy thing over here so I had to put it somewhere, same with the rad overflow bottle. Well I could have made it fit back in near the old one but tried for there, see if I can save it when i put everything back in if not it might go back near the stock location
Old 08-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #19
Mazdabater
FC3S

Well the red car is on hold. As I got another FC at a crazy cheap price ($1500) off a mate that didn't really know how much it was worth I guess. The cheapest one I could find on carsales.com.au was $5900.

It's completely standard aside from a full 3" stainless exhaust, pod filter and rims (the ones on it in my pic are off the red fc. Put them on as it has roadworthy tires) I'm chasing a standard airbox at the moment. But I'm torn between selling it and spending the money on repairing the engine in my other fc or saving up to fix the other one because I really like the look of the 2 in the driveway. The standard auto is also alot nice to put around town in.

This ones in good nick as far as I can see, interior is absolutely perfect aside from a broken idiot light surround and stupid race pedals, the genuine savanna floormats are a little worse for wear. Aside from that only problems are a tiny bit of rust in the sunroof and the back window frame. Im making a carbon sunroof for it soon.

Best part is, it has working climate control and cruise control.
Worst part is it's auto and I forgot how incredibly slow a std FC is.

Here are the pics!

Last edited by Mazdabater; 08-02-2010 at 02:26 AM..
Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Max777
Pirate

Max777 is on a distinguished road

Damn, this is a moment in history!

It may not make sense to you, but here in the US, we never got the automatic turbo models, only got the standard ones. This is the first time in my life that I see an auto Turbo II FC, so it's a bit shocking.

On that note, your car also does not have a 3rd brake light, which is another first stock.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #21
Rotary no Densetsu
Haters gonna hate

Rotary no Densetsu is on a distinguished road

I really dig the build man! I love seeing people do FCs up right. Not enough FC guys left in this world, we are a dying breeeeeeed.

Good luck with everything.
Rotary no Densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #22
Mazdabater
FC3S

Yeah I couldn't turn it down for $1500 it was a steal. Come payday I'm buying an airbox and standard wheels for the white one. Thinking about getting a muffler for it but probably wont bother, the cannon is too loud but I'm just going to sell it. It's a shame it's a really good car and I absolutely live the climate control and cruise control. Oh well.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #23
Mazdabater
FC3S

Well I never put up some pictures of the wheels that came on the white one, 16" watanabes. I finally pulled my finger out and did a little work on the red one. Put the new brake rotors on and stuck the watanabes on there for a look. I reckon they make it look heaps more like a race car. They do need a clean and sorry about the pic quality. The iphone 4 takes awesome day photos, but the flash leaves alot to be desired. What do u guys think

Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #24
JL1RX7
Rotary Fanatic

JL1RX7 will become famous soon enough

Nice looking car dude! The white looks like it could be a killer also!
JL1RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
diabolical1
I have radioactive semen

diabolical1 is on a distinguished road

if i may ... i say if you're not going to hurt too much, keep the white one as a nice little daily putt-putt, and then build the shit out of the red one. you seem to be enamored with the climate control and other creature comforts, so why not?

i can't wait to hear about the bridge whenever it gets done.
diabolical1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #26
Mazdabater
FC3S

I was going to keep it as a put put. That was my original idea, but it's really just not practical as a run around, chews too much fuel and not much place to put stuff, along with the fact that it can't tow a trailer. So I figure I'm just going to sell it and fix the red one. Then I'll either get a cheap 4cyl or buy a motorbike for going to work.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #27
Dazed and Rotarded
douche bag

Dazed and Rotarded is on a distinguished road

Good lord what have I been missing!! What a clean build..

R.I.P paul gray - # 2
Dazed and Rotarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
wanganwarrior
Rotary Fanatic

wanganwarrior is on a distinguished road

Gotta love the old school look of watanabes
wanganwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #29
Mazdabater
FC3S

So after a long time, I've finally got the money issues together to get her back on the street. Ordered a 13B-REW for it today that has good compression so all the major parts should be in good nick, just going to get some new seals, a port job and some dowell pins and in she goes. Some parts started coming today, such as my replacement oil cooler. Looks nice eh!

Old 11-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #30
Mazdabater
FC3S

Well my engines scheduled to be built and ready to go in around 2 weeks time. So I've gotta pull my finger out and get everything ready to go so I started on the fan shroud today.

It's a bit rough, essentially I'm going to make 2 peices, bond it all together and get it looking good, then lay a layer of carbon over the top and it should look mickey mouse.

Got the base made up, and got the tapered section layed up. Have to wait till tomorrow for it to dry but it's also my birthday so i probably wont end up getting more done until tuesday.

Some pics

And since there wasn't a decent pic of it with the watanabes on here, I took one of it sitting in the driveway (I know the cars filthy I haven't washed it since it's been off the road)