Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > NRS Rotorsports

NRS Rotorsports www.nrsrotorsports.com (Canada) Ceramic apex & corner seals for rotary engine applications

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #16
glassman
Premium Vendor

glassman is on a distinguished road

A ceramic side seal would be very difficult to make. The part is so thin and it requires a good amount of pressure to grind the material, I'm afraid it would dissintegrate.

Mild to wild, street to strip, when you want to go fast and you want your engine to last, NRS Ceramics is the only way to go.
NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

wow, 130psi! Keep it up man, you're the forefront of the future of the rotary!!

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
glassman
Premium Vendor

Thanks! It will be nice to see how this does after some run in and a hot comp test.

Mild to wild, street to strip, when you want to go fast and you want your engine to last, NRS Ceramics is the only way to go.
NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
glassman
Premium Vendor

Default corner seal testing

I just talked to Ernie and Ray (PFS) should have his car on the dyno by Friday. We will have some results very soon

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
glassman
Premium Vendor

We should have some results soon from Ernie, they havent run the engine yet with the corner seals but it shouldn't be much longer!

In about a weeks time I will have some thicker c.s. springs. The FD spring is 0.016" thick, I am having some 0.020" and 0.025" springs made for testing. Likely we will not hard face them just yet, that can be done after when we have a better idea which thickness is best. I will supply Ernie with a set of each thickness and the next time the engine is out he can throw in the 0.020" thick springs followed the next time with the 0.025" thick. Unfortunately it will be a lot of work just to change the springs but it's the only way to know for sure what can be done and what works best. I'll put up pics when the springs are finished.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #21
glassman
Premium Vendor

Ernie might get the engine fired by this weekend and he has promised to let us know how it goes on the dyno. I cant hardly wait to get his impression of how the corner seals act. With the bigger turbo and now a bridge port we don't have a direct comparison so we'll see what the #'s look like anyhow.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
ErnieT
Rotary Fan in Training

ErnieT is on a distinguished road

Engine is fired up and will hit the dyno tomorrow. Would have happened to day, but the shop lost power around noon and didn't come back on till 6pm.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Ernie,

Take some video of your dyno.. Can't wait to see the numbers!

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #24
Bryan@BNR
Rotary Fanatic

Bryan@BNR is on a distinguished road

Good luck Ernie.

I have a good friend that studies bigger turbochargers. If you want me and him to get you a turbo for 1000 plus hp let me know. If you want 2500 Hp let me know hahaha.

Bryan@BNR
Bryan@BNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #25
Boostmaniac
Rotary Fanatic

Boostmaniac is on a distinguished road

update?
Boostmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #26
Monkman33
Still Building my FD

Monkman33 is on a distinguished road

update?
Monkman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
ErnieT
Rotary Fan in Training

ErnieT is on a distinguished road

Have not been on this forum for a bit so I appoligize. The car is running great. In fact I won my first event at Englishtown a couple weeks ago beating a Supra in the finals. I ran a 9.87. My car just barely made 700rwhp at 30psi. I can turn it up more, but I like the idea of having the motor around for awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5jADKzessw
Old 12-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #28
EJayCe996
PPP-P-P-P-POWER!

EJayCe996 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieT View Post
Have not been on this forum for a bit so I appoligize. The car is running great. In fact I won my first event at Englishtown a couple weeks ago beating a Supra in the finals. I ran a 9.87. My car just barely made 700rwhp at 30psi. I can turn it up more, but I like the idea of having the motor around for awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5jADKzessw
hahahha, "no Hondas, a pair of rear drive cars"
4. PROFIT!

Axiomatic: Total cacology.
EJayCe996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #29
thewird
Rotary Fan in Training

thewird is on a distinguished road

So whats the word on these seals . I'm opening my motor up which currently has your 3mm one piece ceramic seals thats been running for 32,000 km. I'm going to be putting 3mm 2-piece seals and I would like to put in ceramic corner seals if possible too. So whats the status of the corner seals? Thanks.

thewird
Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #30
glassman
Premium Vendor

I have just 2 sets of 3mm 2pc seals left. Do you need a set soon? Might be a good time now!

The corner seals are on hold for now until I can get some data from Rob @ Pineapple on the 2mm set he has. We had a couple of failures with the initial two sets used so we want to start from scratch with static drag tests in a fixture and then increase loads via thicker springs to see where we can pressure to and still not exceed the factory seal for drag. Then Rob will clearance them to the rotors that will be built into an engine from there. The corner seals as made seem to fit on the tight side in new rotors (some slots can vary as much as 0.001" on the small side) so we want to eliminate any issues with binding in the slot. There were too many unanswered questions with the first two uses so Rob will head up all further testing and documentation. Likely they will be used along side factory apex seals in the first build so that they are the only change made. I will try and get an answer from Rob as to when he can start testing. He has the factory springs hard faced with the extra twist but I still need to get him the thicker springs we made and I think we'll get him to use the standard FD CS spring for best comparison. He can try the hard faced ones later.

Happy trails,
Sven

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com