Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > NRS Rotorsports

NRS Rotorsports www.nrsrotorsports.com (Canada) Ceramic apex & corner seals for rotary engine applications

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough

well i have been saving my rotor housings.
Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
glassman
Premium Vendor

glassman is on a distinguished road

Here's some pics of the housings from my engine on tear down. I'm going to see how these come out but we have some others to try too. The flaking on the edges from the wedge trace hopefully is not too deep. I've marked the housings SFD01 and SFD02 so we can compare after they are re-chromed. The scratches seen in the pics are what I would consider acceptable for re-chrome, as long as the steel underneath is good.

Mild to wild, street to strip, when you want to go fast and you want your engine to last, NRS Ceramics is the only way to go.
NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #18
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough

so flaking is fixable essentially?
Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
glassman
Premium Vendor

It is subjective as to whether flaking is repairable or not. If the steel underneath the flaked area is pitted and rusted then that will translate into the chrome when re-applied. Really we will need to strip a bunch of flaked housings to see how they look in the flaked area compared to the rest of the insert. On an old 4 port housing I have the flaked area was evident once stripped but housings recently taken from service may not show this problem as the flaked area hasn't had time to degredate.

Mild to wild, street to strip, when you want to go fast and you want your engine to last, NRS Ceramics is the only way to go.
NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
2gslse
Rotary Fanatic

2gslse is on a distinguished road

When are you planning on starting production? have you decided pricing yet?
2gslse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #21
glassman
Premium Vendor

Well we hope to get it off the ground over the winter. There is still some challenges with our fixture but we are working out the bugs one at a time. Pricing will depend on how well the fixture works, if we can get things going smoothly with fast changes to the next pair this will keep costs down. Our goal is around half of new, hopefully we will hit that mark.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 12-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
Nismo
400WHP or bust

Nismo is on a distinguished road

Are you testing with Steel Seals, or just your Ceramic?

1986 Base-RB Exhaust, HKS filter, Solid Aluminum motor mounts, S5 TII motor, ACT Clutch, HKS SSQV, Light Weight Flywheel, Haltech E6X, 720cc 2ndaries, Koni Yellows, Tein Springs Koyo Rad, 250 WHP 230 FTLBS Stock turbo, and stock IC at 10psi. RIP!!

The daily bitch- 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma- Trueflow airfilter, and Bilstein HD shocks.

2009 Toyota Corolla "S" TRD Filter... 40MPG
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #23
glassman
Premium Vendor

Right now the 2 housings in service are running steel seals. For starters we will use steel factory seals so we are comparing on even ground. We need to know how the chrome wll stand up to OEM use situations long term.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #24
NoDOHC
The quest for more torque

NoDOHC will become famous soon enough

How is this going? Does this process appear to be feasible yet?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #25
glassman
Premium Vendor

The fixture were making has been more problematic than expected so we've decided to scrap the origional design in favor of a new design that will eliminate previous problems. We've learned a lot from messing with this thing and the new fixture will be much more functional with faster changes possible. Really it comes down to throwing more money at it, so once my parts order is completed I can look at moving forward with the new design.

We've also applied for a government grant to help get this moving along, if that goes through things will happen a lot sooner with proper cash flow to commit to the project. The funds would also be used to explore means of repairing gouged housings for re-chrome.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #26
NoDOHC
The quest for more torque

NoDOHC will become famous soon enough

I have several housings that are undamaged, but worn. Can you take them for a beta test? I don't mind paying $200-$300 per housing if they turn out to make compression. If the process fails, I got them for nearly nothing and they are worthless now, so I don't mind. Maybe if a few people do this it will help with the development costs (I don't know what the costs are - probably higher than a few jobs in the backlog would cover).
Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #27
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

I would be interested as well. I've got a few housings kicking around that are worn, scarred, but not into the steel that I'm aware of.

Would be willing to put them into know working good engines and run a few dyno's, track days, auto-x's 10k miles and pull them apart and send them to you for inspection.

Always interested in research and development

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #28
glassman
Premium Vendor

^^Hey guy's, definitly we could use some housings for chroming down the road once the trial runs are completed. The more beta testing the better. We have about 6 FD hosuings that are nice candidates to get us started as well as some 12A. Once we get them completed I'll post pics and then we can look at getting you guy's set up.

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 05-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #29
glassman
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection View Post
I hope your efforts turn out better than JHB's. Their coatings seem to flake back off rather quickly from what I have seen.
Rob hasn't taken the engine apart yet but it seems to be running quite well with no signs of lost compression. Cermet and hard chrome are quite different animals, as long as our prep work is good the chrome should stay on and we are using the best quality chrome available to us here.
Thanks

NRS Rotorsports
nrsrotorsports@shaw.ca
www.nrsrotorsports.com
Old 07-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
Nismo
400WHP or bust

Nismo is on a distinguished road

I have crap loads of housings, I am building an engine in the next 8 months, I'd be more than willing to try this out if everything comes together in time.

Plus I'm in Canada

1986 Base-RB Exhaust, HKS filter, Solid Aluminum motor mounts, S5 TII motor, ACT Clutch, HKS SSQV, Light Weight Flywheel, Haltech E6X, 720cc 2ndaries, Koni Yellows, Tein Springs Koyo Rad, 250 WHP 230 FTLBS Stock turbo, and stock IC at 10psi. RIP!!

The daily bitch- 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma- Trueflow airfilter, and Bilstein HD shocks.

2009 Toyota Corolla "S" TRD Filter... 40MPG
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote