Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > IR Performance

IR Performance www.myspace.com/rotaryexperimentseven (NJ) We work on any rotary cars

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
Charlie Redden
17+ years...

Charlie Redden is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Finally!

Love that someone has stepped up with another pod! Would love to see some pics of it installed to see fitment...

Charlie

Charlie Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
rob
The Newbie

rob is on a distinguished road

would like to see pics of these mounted
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #18
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

IR Performance is on a distinguished road

Give me about a week. The manufacturer is putting on the finishing touches. I wouldn't sell something if it wasn't right. Also, they are completely molded. They are NOT made of pvc elbows like some of the other offerings that have been on the market.

Last edited by IR Performance; 05-10-2008 at 08:25 PM..
IR Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #19
dregg100
Rotary Fanatic

dregg100 is on a distinguished road

you got me watching for installed pics

'93 SSM Touring-S475...
'87 Tii-LS1/T56
dregg100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:38 AM   #20
Flyrx7
Rotary Fanatic

Flyrx7 is on a distinguished road

Greetings,

Not here to thread crap, hijack or anything else, as this will be my one and only post in this thread, but if you are going to advertise pods of your own design, or your manufacturer's design, you should at least use your own product in those photos, not mine.
I think it's fair that the public knows that what is shown in the pictures from post #2, #3 & #4 above were conceived, designed and manufactured by myself, not IR Performance, as is implied by posts #1 and #5.
A little truth in advertising should be in order here.

Regards,
Frank

(I guess to be a little more clear, those are pictures of one of my pods, not theirs)

Last edited by Flyrx7; 05-15-2008 at 01:23 AM..
Flyrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #21
85rx-7gsl-se
Mod With The Least :P

85rx-7gsl-se is on a distinguished road

I think its pretty clear they are just replicating your design, not the inventors of it.

www.tennspeed.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Carlock aka RotoriousRX7
"Rotarys come with built-in traction control, its called no torque"
85rx-7gsl-se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #22
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

The pics was sent to me from my manufacturer. The design is NOT copied from the original piece. I did not even provide my manufacturer one of your pods to duplicate. Sure the idea is not new, but it has been done before by many Japanese manufacturers.The individual pieces are cast from molds, not from pvc elbows like some other manufacturers use. Before you accuse me of copying or stealing pictures, get your facts straight. Have a nice day.

Last edited by IR Performance; 05-15-2008 at 09:30 AM..
Old 05-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
Flyrx7
Rotary Fanatic

Flyrx7 is on a distinguished road

Alright, fine. If you want facts, then explain to me why my manufacturing stamp is clearly visible in post #4 (halfway between the center set-screw and the right clip). That stamp is on every pod I make. It is a 3 leaf clover or club, if you will.
That and the machining mark from the tooling of the CNC router is clearly noticeable on the baseplate (bottom right, in the lip, round circle), that is also on every one of my baseplates. If, as you say, your pods were molded, I don't think you would have machining marks.

Let's also get something else straight; I'm not accusing you of stealing or copying 'pictures' as you state, I could care less, but posting pictures of a pod I manufactured and claiming it as your own. That's false advertising.

So, either your manufacturer is duping you or someone is lying.
Maybe you should get your facts straight.

Like I said, I didn't come here to hijack, but if you profess that what is in those pics is indeed the pods you are offering then I'm going to have to disagree.

Regards,
Frank
Flyrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #24
My5ABaby
Sigh.....

My5ABaby will become famous soon enough

I like where this thread is going...
1986 Sport: 132k miles, 5A (Sapphire Blue Metallic), Tokico Blues, Racing Beat Springs, Custom LED tailights (only S4 LED tails in the world), SSR Mark II, Racing Beat exhaust, S5 black interior, Rotary Resurrection rebuild at 120k miles

Community Service Manual

RotorWiki

"Imagination costs nothing; we could build square locomotives or fly to Mars" - Felix Wankel

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
My5ABaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #25
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

Those pics were sent to me by the manufacturer. I was told the first couple he made were by hand. The process was too tedious and time consuming so the final product is going to be molded. The stamp you claim looks like a hole to me. I could be wrong, but I don't have that specific pod here. He is in California, I am in NJ so I can't go look at the pod this instant. Lets not turn this into a pissing match. I am not going to sell something that is a copy of another's product nor up to my standards. He is promising me more pics shortly. Everyone please be patient until then.

Last edited by IR Performance; 05-15-2008 at 04:37 PM..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #26
rob
The Newbie

rob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR Performance View Post
Those pics were sent to me by the manufacturer. I was told the first couple he made were by hand. The process was too tedious and time consuming so the final product is going to be molded. The stamp you claim looks like a hole to me. I could be wrong, but I don't have that specific pod here. He is in California, I am in NJ so I can't go look at the pod this instant. Lets not turn this into a pissing match. I am not going to sell something that is a copy of another's product nor up to my standards. He is promising me more pics shortly. Everyone please be patient until then.

tell your "manufacturer" to get his own pictures.
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #27
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

Spoke with the manufacturer. The picsa are of the prototype like I said before. There is no stamp of any sort. The mark you see is for a set screw to hole the pods to the base. The final product will not have these. The final version will also have smoother transitions between the individual pods. I've know the guy for a long time and he wouldn't send me pics of someone else's product. If you are not interested in my product, get out of my thread. Those who expressed interest, I will have an update soon.

Last edited by IR Performance; 05-17-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #28
D4rw1n
Sham-POW

D4rw1n is on a distinguished road

I have a Flyrx7 52mm tripod, and the pod shown in this thread is either one of his pods or an exact mold of his pod. It has the same tooling marks and the clover mark is clearly visible in the pics. I stand by Flyrx7 on this one, he has been making these pods for how long? I think he would know what one of his own pods looks like. I know there is a big demand for Flyrx7's pods right now, but that does not give anyone a right to just go out and make an exact replica of all of his hard work. Even if someone did decide to make an exact copy and not come up with something original at least give the guy some credit. Just my $000.02
D4rw1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #29
dregg100
Rotary Fanatic

dregg100 is on a distinguished road

read the post above your's and get out if you dont like it. i want to know what you guys are smoking that makes that hole look like a clover. remember kids, drugs are bad.

furthermore, unless his design has a patent on it ANYONE can make a "replica" and sell it as their own. and you say he has been "making" then for how long? you mean how long has it been since he made some? right when someone finally steps up to fill the void, he reappears like 2 years later. lol

'93 SSM Touring-S475...
'87 Tii-LS1/T56
dregg100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #30
HellBent
Evil and Proud

HellBent is on a distinguished road

Would kill to have a gauge pod that fits FC demister/defogger vents on dash.

But the pods look good for y'all FD guys